Creature/Zombie Epoch Mod

HiiShinoo

Hey guys, I have recently started playing the Epoch Mod and I would like to help out with testing so I will be posting bugs and try to help out where I can.

First of all I would like to start by saying what a great progress the dev team have done so far, its a lot further than i thought it would be.

As the title suggests and forgive me for not knowing what these zombie like creatures are officially called.

My question is that these creatures that run around then explode near you, are these work in progress?

my initial thought is that these very strange and I dont know if its a matter of time and getting used to it, but it doesn't feel like these creatures fit into the epoch environment nor it is epoch standard, they look very out of place and basic comparing to the Arma 3 graphics and engine. I guess I would like to have normal zombies as bad as zombies are on dayz epoch / dayz they still feel some what better suited for the game then these creatures, I know that having zombies on this mod may not be an option, but maybe not have anything at all well work better?

My question is what are players thoughts on them? should they be there at all?  

ha ha all of these sound awesome on paper until you go on the server and see them live! these addons and Arma engines dont work to well from experince.... but happy to wait and see after all the epoch team are already 10 years ahead of dayz standalone and that just because they choose Arma 3 engine!

I believe they are being called Sappers. I think they fit with A3 Epoch. They do not fit with DayZ, which A3 Epoch is not. They are certainly more of a pain in the ass to deal with. I do feel like the priest guys are a bit out of place but they could be a place holder for now. I don't know. But I do know the dev team has done a great job so far. It's well thought out. I can't wait to see what's next. Does anyone have a link to these "Rock Gods"? I haven't seen them yet.

I believe they are being called Sappers. I think they fit with A3 Epoch. They do not fit with DayZ, which A3 Epoch is not. They are certainly more of a pain in the ass to deal with. I do feel like the priest guys are a bit out of place but they could be a place holder for now. I don't know. But I do know the dev team has done a great job so far. It's well thought out. I can't wait to see what's next. Does anyone have a link to these "Rock Gods"? I haven't seen them yet.

Here you go buddy, Rock God

Yeah those exploding cow sounding zombies are sappers and imo they bring something more to firefights as they spawn in when player is killed. Atleast now when playing on a server with 3rd person allowed those guys makes you move pretty fast from position to another :)

My question is the game better without them, My experience in anything like that and Arma engine is that they never work well! I would prefer more NPC and less other creatures.. 

Everyone is familiar to zombies, if its not comic books, its films, if its not films its games we have been used to that concept and kinda have look at it as if it is a strong possiblity and nothing too out of this world, my point is that creating different random creatures and like Jytky put it above cow sounding zombies you all of suddenly start looking losing that familiar feel which is their even if you havent played a zombie game before......

My question here again, do we need these creatures in new epoch mod? when its only going to be buggy or just pointless to have because if they behave normally you can avoid them with ease! not to mention they just look stupid and in my opinion very cheap comparing to the beauty of Arma 3 graphic! 

My suggestion is no creatures and more NPC, spend more time being creative with NPC's after all the new Epoch Mod is meant to have happened after the initial outbreak of zombie infection, (post arma 2 epoch). 

My question is the game better without them, My experience in anything like that and Arma engine is that they never work well! I would prefer more NPC and less other creatures.. 

Everyone is familiar to zombies, if its not comic books, its films, if its not films its games we have been used to that concept and kinda have look at it as if it is a strong possiblity and nothing too out of this world, my point is that creating different random creatures and like Jytky put it above cow sounding zombies you all of suddenly start looking losing that familiar feel which is their even if you havent played a zombie game before......

My question here again, do we need these creatures in new epoch mod? when its only going to be buggy or just pointless to have because if they behave normally you can avoid them with ease! not to mention they just look stupid and in my opinion very cheap comparing to the beauty of Arma 3 graphic! 

My suggestion is no creatures and more NPC, spend more time being creative with NPC's after all the new Epoch Mod is meant to have happened after the initial outbreak of zombie infection, (post arma 2 epoch). 

Thankfully, once the server files are open to modding by the community, we will hopefully see servers running Epoch with the fantasy stuff removed, and replaced with more NPC that have better loadouts than the one's we have now.

I think the idea is that they are demons not z.

I get your point of view, however, props to the dev's for creating a game that is not just an upgraded engine from last years *cough cough* call of duty. They are exploring new ideas. The devs need valuable input from players such as yourself to make this game great.

Also I believe that they strayed away from hordes of zombies to fewer, but mor deadly daemons to lower the stress on the servers and clients to make a over all smoother game play.

I love the boomers (I.e. Sappers) because a gun fight is not over when the other player goes down. You then fight off the boomers, cultists and ai if you didn't hear the low whine from the quad rotor uav. For me it makes the over all experience much better. In breaking point, the z were just there. In epoch, the demons are a real threat.

Just my humble opinion and I am not trying to say anyone else is wrong

here ^^ put this in ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwLFQ0aN4q4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m61t5w4Tf88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwDesCzeZ0I

I think Demons are cool idea, suicide bombers (sapper) hmm right now not too sure i am waiting to see improvement, hopefully its an option for server admins to select which creatures are added to their server.

You ever seen a terrible Photoshop edit? where someone photo edited  (this is not a dig at the developers by the way)  but these creatures look out place with arma 3 surroundings!!

I never written an Arma code before  I just copy this guys (zupa) work lol but i imagine the code would look like this :

Epoch_OrangeThingThatLooksODD=false; Demons=true;

ha ha

I do feel like the priest guys are a bit out of place but they could be a place holder for now. I don't know

I don't really feel like he himself is out of place, but his attack certianly looks pretty bad (for the engine). If he did something else like summon something or anything other than the current attack it'd be much better.

I don't dislike the current antagonists...  they need some adjustments but I like the concept.

What we surely need is some lore to justify their presence.

I hope it will be explained at release (or earlier).

Same thing for the drones and spawning AI.
Who are they?

It was really cool when some days ago there was a big firefight in Rodopoli and sappers kept spawning.
There were explosions all the time and it added something to the fight :)

Going with only human AI could be a way to make something easier to justify and more realistic.
But zombies too were surely not realistic... so I guess we can get used and like this kind of antagonists too.

P.S.: lol @ Ganja for the pic hahah :D