Combine Depleted Mags

semipr0

Seems to me that if I have stanag magazines in my inventory and all of them have about 7 bullets in them, I should be able to right click on one and choose an option to condense 5.56 ammunition, which would then take the ammo count from the other two depleted mags and add the count to the selected mag and to clear the inventory and DB system of near spent magazines in a clean fashion that gives the end user the ability to bring their magazines back up to nearly full by clearing out other depleted mags in inventory.

Seems like there is some pre-built functionality for this in the Arma 2 base code and it might be a nice feature to have as a convenience feature for Epoch users.

I see what you mean.  What is happening is an inventory replacement of a full magazine, not ammunition counts being combined into a current magazine.

Right I'm just saying that ammunition counts are something that can be calculated at the script level. All magazines have a numeric ammunition count. Thats what the green line in inventory represents the numeric value of bullets in the magazine.

You could potentially combine two 5.56 magazines, one with 20 rounds and another with 20 rounds and end up with 10 loose 5.56 rounds as a new object that could be added to a magazine that is depleted by the numeric value of the bullet space in the magazine.

Its kinda Stand Alone-ish before the Stand Alone and might be a nice feature for Epoch. Overall though its just a convenience feature though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...