More Servers Than Players

Gr8

I dont know if this calculation is right, but here it is:

3BRMyJ2.png

Notice the bottom part where it states the players online and Servers Online.

This seems to be ridiculously uneven. I get that some servers are an Old IP or old cached ones OR just badly un managed servers.

If you're hosting a server and struggling to get a good Player Base. Then Its not you. Your server is just hidden in 10k servers. There are more servers than the players in dayz, If you ever feel down with super Low Population, then just compare it to all the 0 pop servers :) You will find yourself famous

The DayZ mod is dying, i've kept an eye out on the numbers of servers and players myself and its quite shocking...

I remember when there were about 3500+ servers with ad least 5+ players on them, now its around 300 servers having 5+ players on them... Everybody is moving to DayZ Standalone and now Epoch Arma 3 is available for anyone to play, its not making things better.

+ DayZ StandAlone is getting more popular due its updates.

People are moving on to Arma 3, DayZ StandAlone and other games, since the Arma 2 engine is "to old". It takes a lot of performance from a PC to be able to run Arma 2, and adding a Mod like DayZ to it isn't making things better.

Due to this exact reason i've shutdown my servers and am moving on to Arma 3 servers, i've been playing Arma 3 for a bit now and am verry happy with its engine!

Regards,

Dutchy

The DayZ mod is dying, i've kept an eye out on the numbers of servers and players myself and its quite shocking...

I remember when there were about 3500+ servers with ad least 5+ players on them, now its around 300 servers having 5+ players on them... Everybody is moving to DayZ Standalone and now Epoch Arma 3 is available for anyone to play, its not making things better.

+ DayZ StandAlone is getting more popular due its updates.

People are moving on to Arma 3, DayZ StandAlone and other games, since the Arma 2 engine is "to old". It takes a lot of performance from a PC to be able to run Arma 2, and adding a Mod like DayZ to it isn't making things better.

Due to this exact reason i've shutdown my servers and am moving on to Arma 3 servers, i've been playing Arma 3 for a bit now and am verry happy with its engine!

Regards,

Dutchy

Really?

Of course every product has its lifetime, even dayz, based on the arma 2 engine. But as long as i play dayz in different mods, someone tells "uhh, this mod is dieing......dayz is dieing" and so on.

I have hosted different dayz server since more than a year and nothing dies there. Because of the probs at dayz origins, we were forced to open an epoch server about half an year ago, and it has get a fine population of players. Every weekend there are new players on the server, although not all of them stay on this server.

I am sure, that a well managed server, with well scripted quests and admins, that know who to adminstrate, will have a much longer lifetime than you suggest.

The dayz standalone is the last thing, that will take Players away.  On the contrary, a number of players form the standalone have come to our server, because the slow development of the standalone simply takes the game fun.

Maybe this all will be different, if arma 3 Epoch is ready for open gameplay. But this did not happen, yet.

Partly offtopic:

I am running 4th (live) server now (3 different hosts, 1 dedi), mostly for experiments and research, never really cared about populating it, because I have some loyal regulars. However I do remember that 6-12 months ago I had 2 servers that got popular within a month, they were constantly full. Third server was set up 3 months ago and barely hit 15 players a day, best I had was 30, averaged around at 5-10 loyals. Because it was cherno and I have personal opinions and dislike towards that boring map, I closed the server again to open tavi. 3-4 players daily now... A lot of people joins server to be disconnected instantly, so I also suspect the problems with DZC and DZL, they are still awkward to operate and not fully functional, easy for me, but it is not what it used to be with DZC and 1.4.2.0 anymore.

Anyway since I have dedi now, I just run game server so its not idling there ... some general setup, that's it. But yeah, mod is probably dying, not getting any proper updates, and I think people are getting bored. 

Another thing I noticed is constant requests for standards that are set up by other servers like armored vehicles, tons of missions, more more more AI, indestructible bases and all that bs, pretty much anything that is not epoch and is more of a carebear arma or something along those lines. Hardcore server? Bitch please.... people that plays mod are either new and got wrong impression of the mod or are just plain dumbed down and lazy nowadays. "Plotpole maintenance.. what? I have plotpole down, walls are still gone"... "admin pls add wood walls at traders"... "wtf out of stock error, buggy server"... "this other server has <insert bs here>"..."my vehicle got destroyed in safe zone and I am such a big pussy I will grief on chat about it"... "refunds"... yeah... don't really care if mod dies tbh, I will personally still use it as a reference for a code techniques and learning.

Anyway, A3 is gonna give you ability to use your weapon from a passenger seat, you can already test it in dev build. Some pretty damn cool mods are out there and more upcoming, better performance, shaders and scripting commands. So, yeah, it's not all that bad.