Remote (Brown Dot) Traders being killed

PryMary

One suggestion I would like to put forward is to make it so remote (Brown Dot Traders) are not able to be killed. I'm not asking for a safezone I'm saying the traders themselves. I went to 2 yesterday and both had been killed... After running for 7KM to one and a further 4KM to the other. Kinda makes you want to quit the MOD and play something else.

Regards,

Pry

I always kill those traders when they have vehicles, that makes the vehicles spawn back to the map. So with current vehicle system this idea is just bad. Sorry, but sounds a bit silly to get so frustrated after 11km run :P This is Altis

btw, running with gun in holster (H) makes you run much faster

You really aren't PLAYING Epoch right now, you are TESTING it.

Change into the mentality of a TESTER and it will be easier.

You observe something that isn't working, make a note of it, and then post your feedback in the shape of a bug report, or a feedback (like this post, but keep away from judgments like "I'm leaving now", this isn't a game, it's a prototype).

This is Epoch. The search and survival of your character. It's meant to take hours to collect and store items. It's not suppose to be easy to collect. The point is to get out into the map, force people to travel everywhere and not camp or have people settled in one spot. 

By loot being rare, cars being rare... it forces a player to travel all over the map looking for what they want. By Traders not having a "stock" and only supporting what has been traded to them, it forces a person to travel all over the map to look for that item they need. As well, if a trader is killed, it again forces a player to go across the map.

There are however events that will and have already happened in game to your character when you kill a trader. So it will make you think twice in the future.

Remember, this mod is only approx 10% complete.... tons more coming... only scratched the surface. 

The orange traders are "killable" because the devs want it so. 
Might be for that precise reason. That you run out of your way to a somewhat safe location to trade, only to find the dude dead. It sucks, but that's life in Altis.

I always kill those traders when they have vehicles, that makes the vehicles spawn back to the map.

Not true , sorry.

Cannot find vehicles then kills the only guy with 30+ vehicles for sale... lol you should have purchased one.

Any vehicles on a trader does not take a slot until it is purchased. Sold or destroyed vehicles free up slots to spawn more on server restart.

Vehicles don't take a slot in your inventory, they get spawned nearby. We find they're a bit big for your backpack ;)

There has been discussion about trader protection, there may be a trial on some sort of mechanism to punish trader killing and even killing someone who is trading. Don't expect magic zones around all traders any time soon though..

Vehicles don't take a slot in your inventory, they get spawned nearby. We find they're a bit big for your backpack ;)

There has been discussion about trader protection, there may be a trial on some sort of mechanism to punish trader killing and even killing someone who is trading. Don't expect magic zones around all traders any time soon though..

I certainly hope that there won't be any magic protection fields at all in vanilla Epoch. Ever. :/

what I meant was vehicle slots on server. Or are those vehicle slots only counted when server decides wether to spawn new vehicles at server restart?

More practical scenario: Lets say server has 1 mohawk. Im flying it and then comes "server restarts in 5min" message. Now if I fly to trader, sell mohawk to the trader before server restarts, does the server spawn a new mohawk at restart and if so, can I buy the old back so the game has 2 mohawks spawned? And If I dont sell the mohawk, just land it, not lock it and log off next to it, does server still respawn new mohawk as the old was in use?

I think he means vehicle slots, like in DayZ Epoch where there can only be so many vehicle spawns on the map at one time.  However, that's goes for automatically spawned vehicles, not if someone buys a vehicle.  If there's a set amount of vehicle slots on a server, it just won't spawn any more vehicles on restart if it's full.

The vehicles that are in a traders inventory don't take up vehicle slots on the server. So selling a vehicle enables another to respawn after restart.

^^^ that.

Also, I'd like to note that I think a lot of traders are trying to spawn in on the second floor of buildings but they're either colliding with walls and being shoved outside to fall and die or something similar.  I've come across at least a couple that definitely died on spawn, being that I was standing right there near it when server came back up and no one else was around.

There does seem to be a hard limit to vehicles on map, spawned and purchased. Have attempted buying a vehicle in the past and been rebuffed with message along the lines of 'Maximum Vehicle Slots Reached'

Someone mentioned on side the limit is 200 vehicles. That I cannot confirm.

That would seem like an exploit and piss poor planning on your part.

This really isn't an exploit, if a is supposed to spawn when you kill a trader (Not sure if they are supposed to) then it's not an exploit this is how the game is coded. If the devs don't want this to happen then remove the system that punishes you for killing traders.

Piss poor planning is again probably not really true. It's hard to find first aid kits in general and if you have a broken leg then I don't really feel like walking for 3 hours to a town to search around it and possibly find nothing, killing the traders and getting the 3 first aid kits from the AI seems like a reasonable solution, if it's a bug that shouldn't happen then yes it could be seen as exploiting but then again alpha is alpha and players will always take shortcuts.

This really isn't an exploit, if a is supposed to spawn when you kill a trader (Not sure if they are supposed to) then it's not an exploit this is how the game is coded. If the devs don't want this to happen then remove the system that punishes you for killing traders.

Piss poor planning is again probably not really true. It's hard to find first aid kits in general and if you have a broken leg then I don't really feel like walking for 3 hours to a town to search around it and possibly find nothing, killing the traders and getting the 3 first aid kits from the AI seems like a reasonable solution, if it's a bug that shouldn't happen then yes it could be seen as exploiting but then again alpha is alpha and players will always take shortcuts.

Sleep to heal, I say!  If people just had to wait 5 minutes or so...  I didn't play a whole lot of the campaign and don't remember breaking my legs.  Is that part of Arma or is that something the Epoch devs had to add?  Aaaand someone interrupted me and I don't remember why I was asking... I'll come back to it later.

Sleep to heal, I say!  If people just had to wait 5 minutes or so...  I didn't play a whole lot of the campaign and don't remember breaking my legs.  Is that part of Arma or is that something the Epoch devs had to add?  Aaaand someone interrupted me and I don't remember why I was asking... I'll come back to it later.

I believe it's just part of the mod, I've never broken my legs before in any other game modes so yeah. It just forces you to walk everywhere until you can heal.

That would seem like an exploit and piss poor planning on your part.

Not an exploit, the UAV is meant to spawn if you kill a trader, and as for planning, it seems like a pretty decent plan. Its not like it comes down raining free first aid. Still gotta kill the AI.

I think it would be cool if the traders had AI guards that would spawn if you killed the trader or someone within  a certain distance of the trader. So you could kill someone in the trading area, but it would be really hard to get out alive. Make it possible, but so you really don't want to do it.