Map Markers driving me nutz

Chainsaw Squirrel

Question

I have created a new AI City/Camp I've tried over and over , to get a stupid marker to show for this.. but I get nada.. zilch ... zip.. on the map.. 
Im missing something .. even tried another that I found to reflect the cords, maybe its the cords ? most I see have cords like this one from sector FNG

class Item18
{
position[]={6611.9756,304.99265,14201.991};
name="sectorfng";
text="sector fng";
type="mil_circle";
colorName="ColorRed";
};

But I'm using 6602.6079, 14155.46, 0.43281284  and get nothing,  do I NEED create a map marker in the sqf as part of the city map edit, or a separate map edit just for the marker ?
I've looked at FNG Map builds, and don't see a marker as part of the code for those..
I know Im missing something .. just cant figure out what.

any help appreciated   

9 answers to this question

Might be a few things...

First, map markers do not need the third set (Elevation) - just X+Y 

Might be an issue with you adding this just to your sqf.

Might try adding this to the bottom in your class markers of your sqm as well, but no promises since I don't know how you have everything set up, but hopefully this might set you in the right direction.  As far as your set up, it looks good - same thing I have used.

(If this does work for you and you get the map marker at the very bottom of the map, then switch the order of cords.)

Might be a few things...

First, map markers do not need the third set (Elevation) - just X+Y 

Might be an issue with you adding this just to your sqf.

Might try adding this to the bottom in your class markers of your sqm as well, but no promises since I don't know how you have everything set up, but hopefully this might set you in the right direction.  As far as your set up, it looks good - same thing I have used.

(If this does work for you and you get the map marker at the very bottom of the map, then switch the order of cords.)

The thing he posted is from the missions.sqm

it's a class from the subclass Markers

If he increases the item count at top of his Marker Class then it should work

in SQM -> {X, Z, Y}

in SQF -> [X,Y,Z]

I find it easier to never touch the description.ext file when adding things you could make a new file called markers and then

execVM "markers.sqf"; 

in the init file and paste this into the file

_marker1 = createMarker ["_marker1", [13700, 2961]];
		_marker1 setMarkerText "NAME TO SHOW ON MAP";
		_marker1 setMarkerType "MARKER TYPE"; //https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cfgMarkers for marker types 
		_marker1  setMarkerColor "COLOUR HERE";
		_marker1  = _marker1;

to add more than one just copy all 5 lines and rename marker1 to whatever 

I find it easier to never touch the description.ext file when adding things you could make a new file called markers and then

execVM "markers.sqf"; 
in the init file and paste this into the file

_marker1 = createMarker ["_marker1", [13700, 2961]];
		_marker1 setMarkerText "NAME TO SHOW ON MAP";
		_marker1 setMarkerType "MARKER TYPE"; //https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cfgMarkers for marker types 
		_marker1  setMarkerColor "COLOUR HERE";
		_marker1  = _marker1;
to add more than one just copy all 5 lines and rename marker1 to whatever

Depends what you think is easy ^^

Mission.sqm = better performace.

Thanks to one of the guys on opendayz, he made a video on how to add map markers and posted it on my topic over there .. here is the video ... its soo freakin easy when u know how lol!  :D 
NOW I have map markers all over .. I even placed my self in the map and made a marker to da Squirrel on a bill board .. info stand click to hear msg from da Squirrel LOL

Thanks to one of the guys on opendayz, he made a video on how to add map markers and posted it on my topic over there .. here is the video ... its soo freakin easy when u know how lol!  :D 

NOW I have map markers all over .. I even placed my self in the map and made a marker to da Squirrel on a bill board .. info stand click to hear msg from da Squirrel LOL

OK , Yes Understood that .. but I think I had bigger issues lol