Go-Karts...

BioHazard050

Not sure how I feel about having to pay money to use assets. 1.99 isn't a big deal but what happens when Arma starts selling more DLC assets for $15+ (helicopter DLC coming in November). This is a mod and devs have the ability to create their own assets (or use others that have given permission, which there are a lot of on Armaholic).

Not sure how I feel about having to pay money to use assets. 1.99 isn't a big deal but what happens when Arma starts selling more DLC assets for $15+ (helicopter DLC coming in November). This is a mod and devs have the ability to create their own assets (or use others that have given permission, which there are a lot of on Armaholic).

It's DLC from the devs, it's how they continue to make money to continue developing the game and is used in almost every modern game you could ever thing of. The fact that you can still join a server with the DLC when you don't own it is amazing, be thankful that you don't get blocked out from these servers. Plus, the Karts was just for an April fools thing which turned into a real thing. It has more content then just a kart and for £1.99 it's easily worth it.

As for the Helicopters and Marksman, well they are adding a huge amount of mechanical changes too and basically adding all the physics from Take on Helicopters into ARMA3. 

• 2 months later...

So let me get this straight

If I do not purchase the ArmA 3 Karts DLC, everytime I use any content of that DLC, I am going to get spammed on my screen?

Like I already have with the Kart helmets filling my screen, warning messages that I do not have the DLC, and heavens knows what else is on the way with new DLC content...

Its the same with the DLC Heli's lol.

If someone flys a DLC Heli to you and picks you up and you are in the passenger seat being flown around.

When you quit out the game it gives you a huge pop up and a timer with the same amount of time you sat in the Heli as a passenger before you can exit the game lol.

Thank god for Alt + F4