First person server

iLLAJ5

We do want to setup some HARDCORE servers soon 

NORMAL servers would be basically the same as they are now.

We do want to setup some HARDCORE servers soon 

Hmm, "No random trader dots", that means the brown dots, right? I like first person only, I am not sure, if I like "No random trader dots". I guess not.

Hmm, "No random trader dots", that means the brown dots, right? I like first person only, I am not sure, if I like "No random trader dots". I guess not.

my first thought on that was I think i'd rather 'only random traders', so no black static dots.

Also what would add more "hardcoredness" imo is disabling group chat to only have direct, vehicle and radio chat. So there's less privacy when talking longer distances. Or an ACRE-type chat which would make all chat go through in game channels even with players using Teamspeak.

As for Group show ID or whatever makes those hex icons... please get rid of that. Even in normal it should fade away unless we push any of the team buttons (~ to 0). Please! Those hexes get people killed! :)

Post on facebook

Small update on the Texas servers. You will have to update your arma 3 to the 1.30 hotfix using this code Arma3Hotfix130 Once updated you can join those server. One server is "Hardcore" and one is "Normal". They will be going up soon!

I love the server but its so hard too finde a trader i look over 2 1/2 hours and find no one

I had to drive too a spawn zone to sell the Hemtt

An interesting thing I saw on a few hard-core A2 servers was an ability to switch from first to third person only when building, otherwise first person was forced on the user. It would only active if the user was actually in the process of laying a wall or other object. I totally forgot what servers it was and I have no idea if this is doable on A3 but it might be something worth looking at.

Let me know when you open up a FP server without all the additional settings what basically take away the features.

Lets say a trader takes the space of 1m² and we have 200 of them. Compare that to 270km². I mean its not like they have a big sign on the entrance of their shops... Its fine to remove your HUD elements. People often get the impression thats the most important thing if you wanna go hardcore... (if you thnk about it...so stupid....). But before you remove HUD elements make sure you visual language is fine.

No indicator + 8h shift. I call that bad design and player torture. Sry for the tone, I'm a little bit mad now. Red the good news about FP server and got dragged down by over ambitious design changes. But we will see. The amount of players on that server compared TP servers will tell us more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having a few issues on GTXTX02 HC Server. Dont know if they are bugs, but would like to make them known if they are already not. 

First: Experiencing an issue multiple times while out and about looting towns etc. Sometimes after a while (no specific amount of time known) It will come to a point where I can no longer loot things like beds, cabinets, anything really. and after that issue starts and I log off to lobby and come  back in I log back in as a newpawn with everything gone. Has happened once for me and once for a friend I was running with. Lesson learned: NONE

Second: After parking a tempest in some trees through atleast 4-5 restarts, the tempest will eventually end up with all the tires blown out of it even though it was fine 2-3 restarts before. So I decided to park it out in the open after fixing all the tires. waited for a restart, and after, the tires were all still there, but 3/4 of the inventory was missing. All guns were in there but anything other than that was gone. And it was FULL! :( :( :( (mostly sad about all the scrap metal) So it seems once it is damaged by world items such as trees, it just gets trashed and heads down a downward spiral on the road to "EMPTY". I know what your thinking, maybe someone took the stuff out, no sir. It was there literally 1 minute before restart, and then not 1 minute after restart. This has also happened with a hunter, although never parked in trees.. it starts losing items through restarts. Maybe im just crazy.. but I dont think so..Lesson learned: Do not park vehicles in/over trees.

Third: Tipi's -- I placed a Tipi inside a 2 room house. The house has a peaked roof so I made sure to put it in the center of the room so as the top of the Tipi did not stick out the roof looking obvious. It seems that if NOTHING spawns inside that room the Tipi is fine and all inventory stays without issue, If a couch or anything spawns inside the room, and then disappears later once looted, the Tipi will disappear along with the spawned containers (couch, shelf etc.) BUT, will be back after a restart and no spawn items are in the room. Sometimes the items are inside, sometimes they are not. Not sure if it has something to do with the fact that the same items spawned inside that room were the same as what was in the Tipi, but those items will disappear from the Tipi once it reappears. Lesson learned: Do not place Tipis in the same room as where items spawn.

Fourth: (trivial): If i am holding a weapon and crouched and violently swing just my mouse around  from left to right, the character will jump around on the ground anywhere from 5-10 meters. This does not mean I am moving, or walking, or running.... just looking around with my mouse. So just looking around (even though it may be violently and quickly) my character shifts from his current position and moves on the ground still crouching. I can see how it might be a very bad thing if your hiding behind cover and violently looking around left and right for someone shooting at you or near you. That a player will eventually end up "out of cover" and not realize it and be killed. I understand this might actually be an ARMA3 thing and not an epoch thing. And generally I dont find myself violently shaking my mouse left and right, but it could happen. Which is why I label it "trivial", and not of major concern.

Very great mod so far. Loving every minute of it. Just wish Our gaming community could have the opportunity to run it on our DEDI.

Great job guys! Keep up the good work!!

[TWC] LDVP

]TWC] NRGYZD

(Senior Member)

TheWalkingChernarus.com