Aussie servers - low pop

Zedder

Now seems like a good time to suggest/request that one of the Aussie servers be changed to Stratis.

Reason being, the populations have been pretty sparse, maxing out at around 15-25 on whichever server is daytime, whilst the night time server always seems to have only 5-6 players on at any given time.

I know a lot of people who have received keys and are keen to play/test, but are put off by the lack of players (paradoxical I know)

So, given that the servers went down within a day or so of the wipe, and that new servers may or may not have the data from that day or so (I don't think anyone will care if they don't), can we please haz Stratis on one of them?

kindest regards and best wishes

Zedder

Hey Zedder

From a PvP point of view you have a valid case to want a Stratis map.

But please bare in mind that there are lot of players out there (AU/NZ) that want to test the current build for future server hosting.

In my opinion testing for bugs in the building/AI and general game mechanics should take priority at this stage.

As we know the shooting mechanic works well, especially around spawn points and traders.

Sorry from my point of view we as Aussies need the 2 servers as we had before as I have played on a Stratis version & all it is spawn camp & trolls that are just there to disrupt your testing of the mod, so 2 AU server running Atlis is better than having 1 Stratis full of trolls & 1 Altis. From my seeing & playing on the AU servers there has been quite a lot players on when I have been testing the mod with my friends.

People are complaining about NOT having enough players on them now? o.O  Don't worry, they'll fill up soon enough...  I'm sorry, but I think Stratis is terrible for Epoch.  It's not even really that it's too small.  There aren't enough buildings and such.  It's 95% bare hills with some trees in the valleys.

What I meant was, IF there really is a problem with such little population spread across 2 Altis servers, maybe it would be best to just have the 1 for the time being until an official release. I also noticed, only recently, a decline in the number of people playing on Aus servers and there is always going to be trolls and safe zone campers. It still happens now on Arma 2 Epoch. People write their own stories in game and if that means being an annoying troll or an evil safe zone camper. So be it. Until they have a public release and server admins can have their own rule sets that will be the case, I believe. The problem also is that Altis is just not a very good map in general, in my opinion. Likewise with Stratis which has nothing to do with Epoch but with the maps themselves. A3 Epoch on Cherno, Sahrani or Takistan would be great.

Yeah, it'll be nice once there's support for some other maps.  I didn't like Altis at first, I didn't really like it that much when playing Altis Life, but it's starting to grow on me a bit.

I don't know, I mean, usually people that want to interact with others migrate toward the more populated servers, and those who mostly just want to be left alone jump on the lower pop ones.  I usually don't even bother getting on if it's even close to being maxed out because, chances are, it's going to be lagging and desyncing all over the place.

Out of all the people begging for keys, I can't believe those servers can't be filled.  Which servers are they anyways, I haven't seen anything other than German servers ever since OC yanked theirs?  Maybe they need to focus on aiming those keys toward Aussies a bit more?  *shrugs*

I agree Hardened I am part of a AUS clan that can not wait till we can run the mod we have only 3 to 4 keys within the clan but there are 25 to 30 guy that want it bad hand out the keys to AUS community's and set up a new server for all of us and watch it fill up. 

So far the game play is grate and it has huge potential with all the up and cumming features.

Are the Aus servers down or something? I'm not seeing them in my server list. The mod is amazing in its current state and will only get better with time. The next Arma 3 update is really going to kick ass to with the implementation of new helicopters and the ability to shoot out of vehicles/off the side of helis. Having a server too empty is just boring IMO. Sure there's new enemies to face which are in no way as shit as the zombies in Arma 2 DayZ, but you can spend hours doing nothing without a worry in the world. That really takes away from the survival feel in my opinion. Same with a server that's too FULL though. Then it takes away from the post apocalyptic feel. I dunno. This is just my opinion obviously.