Cleaning Up Unused Vaults and Tents?

happysan

Question

Hi Guys,

I'm using the flag in the hiveini to remove un-maintained player strucutres after 7 days.  But, the vaults hang around.  The gear isn't changing inside and the player who owns them hasn't been back to play in more than a couple weeks.  So, it's just junk.  What do you guys do to remove them?

NOTE: I'm talking about storage object WITH at least one item in them, so they're not an easy delete just looking at the SQL.

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

I've been thinking about editing the datestamp for certain objects (vaults, tents, etc) where the datestamp would be changed each time the object is accessed.

As of right now, I keep objects in the database regardless if they have been accessed recently or not.

Come to think of it, a neat feature to be added to combat this would be rusted locks.

Essentially, the longer someone is gone, the weaker the lock gets, the easier it is to break the combo... but I digress: You will have to manually go in and delete the safes.

I like the idea of safes requiring maintenance.  What about tents though?  Those don't bug me as much because they're not invulnerable.  

What about making the combination on safes after 30 days 1111?  I can do that pretty easily in SQL.  Problem is it may piss off some existing players who don't pack and replace the safe (and that's a damn pain too).  

Thoughts?

***UPDATE***

I'm just going to manually give away safes older than 30 days as an "event."  Maybe I'll write a script for it.  I dunno.  I'll let BEC spam the notification for the next couple weeks, so everyone gets the memo... yeah peter...

This is going to be a part of the next patch and should allow determining when an object was last accessed for cleanup purposes.

ALTER TABLE `object_data` ADD `LastUpdated` TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AFTER `Datestamp`;

https://raw.github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/master/Server%20Files/mysql/addlastupdated.sql

We use the datestamp mod and run this as a procedure in Navicat, call it at server restart in a batch file and it deletes safes and vaults not accessed in 42 days (6 weeks)

BEGIN
DELETE FROM dayz_epoch.object_data
WHERE Classname LIKE '%Storage",1%'
AND object_data.lastactive < NOW() - INTERVAL 42 DAY;

END