[WIP][HELP NEED] Add custom skins

blad00x

Question

Hello,

i'm actually trying to add thoses skins:   http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9849

so i modified the file cfgVehicules.hpp in my dayz_code.pbo (in my ftp folder on vilayer) 

i just added this to the skins class list:

class sah_civilian1_pants;

class CIV1_DZ: sah_civilian1_pants{
displayName = "Civil";
side = 1;
weapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
backpack = "";
magazines[] = {};
respawnWeapons[] = {"Throw","Put"};
respawnMagazines[] = {};
weaponSlots = "1 + 4 + 12* 256 + 2* 4096 + 2 + 8* 16 + 12*131072";
canHideBodies = 1;
canCarryBackPack = 1;
};

then in the file Variables.sqf i added CIV1_DZ to the list of skins in allplayer

and in the dayz_server.pbo i modified the file server_playerLogin.sqf 

and i putted this :

if (!(_model in AllPlayers)) then {

_model = "CIV1_DZ";
};

} else {
_isInfected = _primary select 3;
_model = _primary select 4;
_hiveVer = _primary select 5;

if (isNil "_model" or _model== "") then {
_model = "CIV1_DZ";
};

but when i start the game i see the loading screen "dayz epoch" then i see really fast the MOTD and then it go to the main menu of the game(arma2 arrow head)...

so if anyone have an idea about why it don't work...

15 answers to this question

my response is not useless , i explain that it was caused by vilayer so if another person want to modify the same file as me he will need to be carefull with vilayer and maybe contact the support for more information

this is not caused by vilayer i have been running a custom overpochins server for about 3 months now and they are pretty relaxed with file access etc. if you have messed with your files and it doesnt work then you coded something wrong. so in response to your original post you may find this post

some what helpful to a point

this is assuming your doing this for a normal epoch server. if you add more skins then the clients will need those as well

yeah for sur i will share but first i have to find a solution to my problem then i will do a tutorial on how to add custom content and how to create your own launcher for your server for epoch 1.0.5.1

because the last time i managed to make this work it was on the dayz epoch version of october 2013 (don't remember wich one) then the server closed on end 2013/ start 2014  for work purpose and now i reopened my server but my first problem was that the new dayz_code.pbo had binarized the config.ccp and all the config file like cfgvehicle.cfg and other .

so i managed to unrap config.bin into a whole file config.ccp wich now includ cfgvehicle in it , i modifed all the files like i done before but now when it launch it say no resec found if i uncall resec it say no init file found... it's really disturbing ...

so if you help me to understand why or from where this error could come from it will be nice. 

- Parcels of clothing

-Skin trader

I personally use the trader on my server.

As far as adding the parcels of clothing to randomly spawn, I am pretty sure you would do something along the lines of adding the classname of the skin from your custom variables to a custom loot cnfg spawn, or you could probably place it in a static loot box *shrugs*