UAV/AI's

Skepy

I love the idea of this where the UAV see's you the AI spawns and then you have a hard time fighting them. I do think the AI's level of accuracy is a little over powered though.

Earlier on I was playing, I had shot down the UAV while it was a fair bit away from me but the AI had spawned anyway. I though its ok, I have cover and I should be good to fight them. I lean around the corner to try get a shot on 1 of them from around 300m and I am insta killed by one of them.

These guys use PDW's and they have laser precision and to be honest its hard to find a way to fight them without dying.

Have had the same experience with them, they are very accurate at distance. We are looking at balancing the antagonists, along with introducing more scenarios. 

Am pretty sure these guys will have their weapons downgraded a bit. Skills are set randomly, there is a minimum, may lower that also.

The only AI that I have encountered was a time when I thought hiding in a bush would keep the UAV from seeing me. They ran right past me and I lit them up with a Zaffir. This however was probably a lucky/rare experience. I like the AI soldiers the best out of all the antagonists and can't wait to see what more is done with them.

Do the AI react differently if you're armed?  I was a fresh spawn yesterday and was looting up a town.  While looting a trash pile, I heard the buzz of the UAV and looked up to see three AI walking down the street towards me.  I took some shots, but was never hit.  Ended up ditching them by running through some buildings, but I couldn't believe they didn't KOS me.

I like this game mechanic, twice I have had to run from AI, first time I ran out of ammo and had to use cover to retreat, then last night had two UAV's spawn at the same time and only had a pistol, so as soon as I'd shot them down I legged it. Make's it more interesting than just having a way to farm medkits with nerfed AI, especially if yr working in a group.

The main issue is what they are armed with, give them the means to snipe you, they will. Currently that AI team is a standard fire squad designed to deal with all eventualities.

I found that they are only armed with PDW's... A 9mm submachine gun... How can they snipe you with that?

Cities are the best place to engage them. A I will usually, once you're spotted, stand still and at a steady rate, shoot half to all of their magazine until they reload. Once they start reloading you can easily deal with them. Just a tip.

Yes cites are the best place to engage them... Agreed!!!

I found that they are only armed with PDW's... A 9mm submachine gun... How can they snipe you with that?

If their skill levels are set high enough, doesn't really matter what type of weapon they use...they'll be able to hit you from quite a distance if you give them a chance to.

Skills are random but currently have a minimum, is why there is the occasional squad that is beatable.

Is there supposed to be a despawn timer on those squads? A friend and I were engaged with one before we both glitched through a house floor and died (GG Arma). Took me 20 minutes to run back, and I found the lone surviving AI standing in a house staring at a wall, motionless and unaware of me.