[RESOLVED] Traders slow to respond or don't respond at all

mgm

Question

Guys,

I added some traders to server side file dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\mission.sqf. They are in this format:

_unit_1205 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["RU_Citizen2", [3270.38,3404.06,0.001], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_1205 = _this;
  _this setDir 17;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;
};

And default ones are like:

_unit_59 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["TK_GUE_Soldier_5_EP1", [4054.218, 11664.668, -0.51617432], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_59 = _this;
  _this setDir 422.9967;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

Default traders work at "normal" speed. My traders either don't bring up the Trader Menu at all (and some of them bring it up very delayed).

Workaround is zooming into the trader's head using right mouse button but a permanent fix would be better. What is wrong with the setup and how can I fix this issue?

Thanks

22 answers to this question

Hello,

I'm not sure what you could've done wrong since i haven't added any extra traders to my own server yet.

What you could do;

Follow this tutorial for about 20 minutes and have a look what you might have done wrong. The video is for Overpoch but its all done the same way.

Are you renting your server or are you renting a dedibox?

Hosts are know to overload their dediboxes causing major lag on the servers (Hosts host their servers on a dedibox aswel) And since 9/10 servers have 20+ Addons and are Epoch or more, there is a lot of stress being put on the dedibox.

That a side, take a look and let me know!

Regards,

Dutchy

Hello,

I'm not sure what you could've done wrong since i haven't added any extra traders to my own server yet.

What you could do;

Follow this tutorial for about 20 minutes and have a look what you might have done wrong. The video is for Overpoch but its all done the same way.

Are you renting your server or are you renting a dedibox?

Hosts are know to overload their dediboxes causing major lag on the servers (Hosts host their servers on a dedibox aswel) And since 9/10 servers have 20+ Addons and are Epoch or more, there is a lot of stress being put on the dedibox.

That a side, take a look and let me know!

Regards,

Dutchy

Will do. Looking forward to the URL.

Could it be related to the particular skin in use? If it's exactly the same code and running from the same file, on the same machine, I don't think it's due to machine specs/stress.

I feel like there's something more to it but don't know where to look.

Hello,

Lol totally forgot about the URL, just woke up ;)

And no, it shouldn't be the skin you use for your trader.

Could it be related to the particular skin in use? If it's exactly the same code and running from the same file, on the same machine, I don't think it's due to machine specs/stress.

With that i ment, that the Hosts dedi's are getting a lot of stress that they can hardly handle. Causing lag on all servers.

Regards,

Dutchy

I always advice the players to make the trader a "Happy Trader" by aiming down the scope, at the crotch, and then Zooming in and out a bit in order to get the Trader Menu scroll option. 

It is always met with laughter and disbelief, until they actually makes the trader a happy trader. ;) 

This post = almost NSFW. ;) 

New to me! Good 2 know tough ;)

MGM, could you change the title to fixed + put the fix in your original post? It saves a lot of people loads of time!

Regards,

Dutchy

Good idea - as soon as the fix is confirmed to be working on my test server, I'll mark it RESOLVED.

I had the same problem and was advised to change the skin.

I changed the skin and it works fine now.

Cool, thanks for confirming my suspicion. As I posted above I was suspecting it beacuse I did add traders in the past and they were working fine - this new batch of traders are new skins which  brought this new problem.

Hux or others with working traders, can you please provide a list of known WORKING-AT-NORMAL-SPEED trader skins?

So I did the following:

1. grep'd Epoch 1.0.5.1 missions directory and took out every single createAgent line

2. eliminated duplicates

3. posting the 167 unique results below.

We should be good to use any of the skins listed below as a quick response server_trader.

For any other newbies (like me), here are some tips - ensure:

1. The skin you're addingis not already in use. (I suggest using grepWin free software to quickly check)

2. The skin you're adding is not a trade item, so that players can not became traders automagically (the tool above should help you with this one too!)

3. The skin you're adding is included in your server_traders.sqf file in the 1st line.

4. The skin you're addingis included in your server_traders.sqf file below 1st line with the addition of "menu_" [see the examples in the file]

5. The trader you're adding is somewhere in the server side pbo so that the 'agent' exists in the game world.

BAF_Soldier_AAA_DDPM
BAF_Soldier_AAR_DDPM
BAF_Soldier_AAR_MTP
BAF_Soldier_AAT_W
BAF_Soldier_AMG_W
BAF_Soldier_EN_MTP
Citizen2_EP1
Citizen3
Citizen3_EP1
CIV_Contractor1_BAF
CIV_Contractor2_BAF
CIV_EuroMan01_EP1
CIV_EuroMan02_EP1
CIV_EuroWoman01_EP1
CIV_EuroWoman02_EP1
CZ_Special_Forces_MG_DES_EP1
Damsel3
Damsel4
Damsel5
Doctor
Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1
Dr_Hladik_EP1
Drake
Drake_Light
FR_Assault_R
FR_Cooper
FR_Corpsman
FR_Sykes
Functionary1
Graves
GUE_Commander
GUE_Soldier_1
GUE_Soldier_2
GUE_Soldier_3
GUE_Soldier_AR
GUE_Soldier_CO
GUE_Soldier_Crew
GUE_Soldier_GL
GUE_Soldier_MG
GUE_Soldier_Pilot
GUE_Soldier_Sab
GUE_Soldier_Scout
GUE_Villager3
GUE_Villager4
GUE_Woodlander1
GUE_Woodlander2
GUE_Woodlander3
GUE_Worker2
Herrera_Light
HouseWife1
ibr_lingorman2
ibr_lingorman2s
ibr_lingorman3s
ibr_lingorman4
ibr_lingorman5
ibr_lingorman5s
ibr_lingorman6
ibr_lingorman6s
ibr_lingorman7
ibr_lingorman7s
Ins_Lopotev
Ins_Soldier_AR
Ins_Soldier_GL
Ins_Soldier_Medic
Ins_Soldier_Sapper
Ins_Villager3
Ins_Woodlander1
Ins_Woodlander2
Ins_Woodlander3
Ins_Worker2
MVD_Soldier_Marksman
MVD_Soldier_TL
nac_soldier_2
Pilot
Pilot_EP1
pook_Doc_Bell47
Profiteer1
Profiteer2_EP1
Profiteer4
Reynolds_PMC
Rita_Ensler_EP1
Rocker2
Rocker4
RU_Citizen1
RU_Citizen2
RU_Citizen3
RU_Citizen4
RU_Commander
RU_Damsel1
RU_Damsel2
RU_Damsel4
RU_Damsel5
RU_Doctor
RU_Farmwife1
RU_Farmwife3
RU_Farmwife4
RU_Farmwife5
RU_Functionary1
RU_Madam3
RU_Pilot
RU_Profiteer1
RU_Profiteer2
RU_Profiteer3
RU_Profiteer4
RU_Soldier_Light
RU_Soldier_Medic
RU_Soldier_Officer
RU_Soldier_Pilot
RU_Soldier_SniperH
RU_Sportswoman5
RU_Villager1
RU_Villager3
RU_Woodlander3
RU_Woodlander4
RU_Worker1
RU_Worker4
RU_WorkWoman1
RU_WorkWoman5
RUS_Commander
RUS_Soldier_TL
RUS_Soldier2
Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC
Soldier_GL_M16A2_PMC
Soldier_GL_PMC
Soldier_MG_PKM_PMC
Soldier_MG_PMC
Soldier_PMC
Soldier_Sniper_KSVK_PMC
Soldier_Sniper_PMC
Soldier_TL_PMC
Tanny_PMC
TK_CIV_Takistani02_EP1
TK_CIV_Takistani03_EP1
TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1
TK_CIV_Takistani05_EP1
TK_CIV_Takistani06_EP1
TK_CIV_Woman02_EP1
TK_CIV_Woman03_EP1
TK_CIV_Worker01_EP1
TK_Commander_EP1
TK_GUE_Soldier_5_EP1
TK_GUE_Soldier_Sniper_EP1
TK_GUE_Warlord_EP1
TK_Soldier_AMG_EP1
TK_Soldier_Crew_EP1
TK_Soldier_Spotter_EP1
TK_Special_Forces_EP1
TK_Special_Forces_MG_EP1
UN_CDF_Soldier_AAT_EP1
UN_CDF_Soldier_Crew_EP1
UN_CDF_Soldier_EP1
UN_CDF_Soldier_MG_EP1
UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot_EP1
US_Delta_Force_AR_EP1
US_Delta_Force_Assault_EP1
US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1
US_Soldier_Medic_EP1
USMC_Soldier_TL
USMC_SoldierS_Engineer
ValentinaVictim
Woodlander1
Woodlander2
Woodlander3
Worker1
Worker2
Worker3
Worker4

Hux,

Thanks for posting the few above.

What AI mission are you using?

Are these the default traders for this map?

Are tou uaing single currency?

My problem was: traders did not present the "Trader Menu" unless you zoomed into them.

Problem has now been fixed, by using "TradeAgent Compatible Skin" for each trader. <== apparently there is such a thing (I didn't know that!)

For those who might have the same issue in the future:

For any new trader(s) you're adding, if you use one of the skins you can see above in my post (post #12) you will be fine.

If you use any other skin you might end up with the same issue.

My problem was: traders did not present the "Trader Menu" unless you zoomed into them.

Problem has now been fixed, by using "TradeAgent Compatible Skin" for each trader. <== apparently there is such a thing (I didn't know that!)

For those who might have the same issue in the future:

For any new trader(s) you're adding, if you use one of the skins you can see above in my post (post #12) you will be fine.

If you use any other skin you might end up with the same issue.

I used the secretary skin for it worked perfectly fine, never had that problem.

I used the secretary skin for it worked perfectly fine, never had that problem.

Good to know.

Some skins I used were taken from this page, they look cool but they don't present the trader menu properly: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Infantry

Just to be clear: I'm not saying any other skin is bugged/slow.

All I am saying is: I had some issues with this, in my last map modification: 6 traders added - 6 of them not presenting the menu unless right click zoomed on trader.

If you use the ones listed above you're minimizing the risk.

If you pick random skins you might end up with the same issue I had so to save you time just pick the known-to-be-working ones...

Its more for those who have this same issue, i've seen it to many times where someone just says: "I fixed the issue, thanks for the help."

How is that going to help anyone else? lol...

no likes for me today. gotcha :D

P.S.: with regards to your request below, (as a standard forums user) I don't think I can change thread names on this forums - can I? We need to get a mod/admin?

New to me! Good 2 know tough ;)

MGM, could you change the title to fixed + put the fix in your original post? It saves a lot of people loads of time!

Regards,

Dutchy