Massive Desync with 1.0.2.2

SunnyPi

Question

Maybe someone can help - i hope so at least :)

Patched from 2.1 to 2.2. Replaced and edited all relevant Data in hive.ext init and descriptions. Starts up like a charm. Runs for a couple of minutes and then all players get 100k desync. Stays that way.

No errors in the log or the server console. Everything is fine with 2.1. as soon as it hits 2.2 desync blasts out the scale. Should i post any data?

*EDIT*

I see this is a major Bug with 2.2. You have stated there is a fix with 1.0.2.3.. Will there be a quick hotfix for this? 2.2. is basicly unplayable/unhostable.

20 answers to this question

Try commenting out the new lighting init code in your mission init.sqf - my server was falling over every 2 hours with the latest patch. I did a bunch of testing via process of elimination, and this seemed to have returned my server back to normal stability. If this code was to be enabled again, we also need an updated setvariable.txt as I noticed a lot of log spam relating to these changes.

I've highlighted the line here:

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server%20Files/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus/init.sqf#L107

Try commenting out the new lighting init code in your mission init.sqf - my server was falling over every 2 hours with the latest patch. I did a bunch of testing via process of elimination, and this seemed to have returned my server back to normal stability. If this code was to be enabled again, we also need an updated setvariable.txt as I noticed a lot of log spam relating to these changes.

I've highlighted the line here:

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server%20Files/MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus/init.sqf#L107

Same issues here server would crap out after 1 hour uptime with the lights enabled. man this took ages to figure out i thought it was some other custom added scripts...

When disabled the server stays up all the way through 5 hours restarts with no issues.

Ive commented out the lights line in init.sqf. But I still dont understand what you are saying about Error message lines in Basic.cfg,  my basic.cfg doesnt have any error message lines that I can see, unless Im just looking over them, btw mine looks the same as the one that was posted above.

Fix incoming soon for the flood of updates from players. Also will be commenting out the lights in the next patch just to rule that out for now.

Excellent, thanks for all your hard work.

Same issues here server would crap out after 1 hour uptime with the lights enabled. man this took ages to figure out i thought it was some other custom added scripts...

When disabled the server stays up all the way through 5 hours restarts with no issues.

Yep, I don't have any mods - so was a simple process of elimination after doing a diff on the changes between 1.0.2.1 and 1.0.2.2. It may not even be the lighting code causing it, perhaps it just the log spam generated from the setvariable calls? As my setvariable.log file was over 700MB from just a couple of 2hr sessions - so an update to setvariable.txt might resolve the issue.