What are your favorite weapons?

cring0

I thought I'd open this since the whole Overpoch thing has introduced a more variety of weapons and I haven't really found another similar thread here.  If anyone has any statistics or comparisons, I'd love to see them.

I've been running around with the HK 417S mostly and M110/M110 SD mostly.  I've only gotten a couple kills since I started playing Overpoch though.  The MSR is such a beast and I believe the SD version does as much damage, but I'm not sure if it's any less accurate.  I might start running around with the Kar98 as a expendable weapon since it's pretty common on the servers I've played on and it still does a good deal of damage.  I still have a lot of gameplay ahead of myself to get a good opinion on some of these, so I was just wondering what some of you thought.

PS:  I put together info on damage stats of different ammunition here: https://sites.google.com/site/staytrippydayz/home/dayz-epoch/arma2ammodmg

F35B carpetbombing with unlimited ammo and fast fire  :rolleyes:

Also Mk48 Mod 0, ammo size and damage makes it my first choice for close-mid range fights. Most weapons are good in right hands, but this one is just ridiculous, lol.

Don't really care much about overwatch weapons myself, tbh.

Even with all the fancy new guns I still roll with my PKP. To me its almost like using an SVD with a 100 round clip and full auto capacity. I find it sufficiently accurate to easily hit targets 500m or more out. In my hunt for the mytical chainsaw I have packed 4 gun racks, a storage shed, and three safes with overpoch guns but try as I like to find one of them to love, none of them work for me like a PKP. On the off chance that I expect ranges higher than 500 I still use the DMR and Lapua. The two overpoch guns I have found I like are the SR-25 which to me just is a re-skinned DMR, and the H&K USP 45 SD. The USP 45 SD mags seem to spawn fairly frequently, I like the signts, and while I don't know the blood damage, it seems to have a little more oomph than the M9 SD or Makarov SD.

Even with all the fancy new guns I still roll with my PKP. To me its almost like using an SVD with a 100 round clip and full auto capacity. I find it sufficiently accurate to easily hit targets 500m or more out. In my hunt for the mytical chainsaw I have packed 4 gun racks, a storage shed, and three safes with overpoch guns but try as I like to find one of them to love, none of them work for me like a PKP. On the off chance that I expect ranges higher than 500 I still use the DMR and Lapua. The two overpoch guns I have found I like are the SR-25 which to me just is a re-skinned DMR, and the H&K USP 45 SD. The USP 45 SD mags seem to spawn fairly frequently, I like the signts, and while I don't know the blood damage, it seems to have a little more oomph than the M9 SD or Makarov SD.

Yeah, I've been using the USP45SD as well, it's a pretty nice side arm.  I just now noticed that, according to Maca's wiki, the USP does more damage than the USP45... which doesn't make any sense... but then there's some 9mm guns that do more damage than other 9mm guns so I dunno.  I'm not sure how to find out how much damage a gun does.. other than maybe having someone shoot me with it lol.

I'm not sure how to find out how much damage a gun does.. other than maybe having someone shoot me with it lol.

It's all in config files. Grab UnRap tool from Kegetys, it lets you de-binarize config.bin files (found in root of PBOs) to a human readable code, that way you can find out exact values for any weapon you want.

So. The dmr is all around amazing. Its just solid and reliable/lethal.

For anti zombies I really like the m14, since it shoots dmr, its a good back pack gun.

I used a ton of the m110 because it has almost no kick and its just accurate, but its not amazing for pvp.

My favorite gun at the moment is the mk164/qt or whatever. Its just the best stanag gun, it also sucks for pvp but I really enjoy it. I've cleared plenty of wai missions solo with it, for pvp its kind of ehhh tho.

I've been rolling around with the M1SE1 Shortdot lately.  It's fairly common and its a pretty nice gun.  It doesn't zero, but its scope is very nice and open and it zooms.  I know with the DMR, as nice as it was, there were times I'd pull up the scope and lose my target, whereas the Shortdot I can pretty much see everything I was looking at before I pulled it up.  I don't know, I haven't used a DMR in ages, so maybe I'm imagining things, but I'm pretty impressed.

SR-25/M110 SD feel and fire the same. I am not sure but the SR-25 seems to do less damage after 500meters, like 3 hits while the m110 is 2 shots.

I am always carring around M110 of late. But I do swap between the Cheytec/LRR, but for moving targets its always the M110/SR-25 =)

SR-25/M110 SD feel and fire the same. I am not sure but the SR-25 seems to do less damage after 500meters, like 3 hits while the m110 is 2 shots.

I am always carring around M110 of late. But I do swap between the Cheytec/LRR, but for moving targets its always the M110/SR-25 =)

Yeah, I just found a SR-25SD last night, haven't used it yet though.  My buddy is always using a Cheytac but I don't really like them, they don't do as much damage as the MSR, the MSR SD doesn't do less damage apparently, and it doesn't make you stick out like a sore thumb quite as much as the Cheytac does, the damned thing is bigger than the player character model lol.  Of course, I haven't used either in a gun fight, so there's that.

I've been having a hard time PvPing on the server I've been playing on.  Either people are hiding in their bases or mods/admins get involved. >_>

Mine isnt in Dayz or Epoch but can be provided by admin to make my dreams come true. The MK17 EGLM RCO. It has a kick ass scope that's good up to 1km and a lovely ironsight, GL, laser, fires 7.62 rounds. The Overwatch variant uses the HK 7.62 x 51 ammo and accepts DMR mags too ...but the iron sight isn't as pretty imo.

SCAR's do less damage than other 7.62mm. 

Try the H&K G36 Spectre, confirmed kill at 800m with 5.56mm. Other than that DMR, M110 NVG or PKP some of the only guns that still work with NVG. The M200 does more damage than the MSR by the way. KAR98 is a great hunter rifle, one shot one kill and usually common and quite cheap. 

Mine isnt in Dayz or Epoch but can be provided by admin to make my dreams come true. The MK17 EGLM RCO. It has a kick ass scope that's good up to 1km and a lovely ironsight, GL, laser, fires 7.62 rounds. The Overwatch variant uses the HK 7.62 x 51 ammo and accepts DMR mags too ...but the iron sight isn't as pretty imo.

I thought the Mk17 EGLM RCO was in Epoch..  Yeah, I haven't used the regular SCAR rifles that much, mostly just a couple of the SD ones.  I've used them mostly for missions, shooting AI, which was fine as long as I wasn't too far away.  I was told early on that there were at least a couple SCAR rifles that were very inaccurate or bugged or something..  I didn't confirm what I heard, just kinda steered away from them.  That and they're a bit flashy, easier to spot in someones hands.

I think all the SCAR's work fine, for some reason the damage is set to around 6.4k, like the SVD's which are set for 5.5k yet DMR's do 8K. Originally none of the SCAR's or M110 was in Epoch, they might have added it recently but wouldn't know since I tend to add all the Arma weapons in anyway.

The only weapons that are broken I think are:

1. M16A2 with M203 (zeroing off)
  2. M2010 SD even when ranged and zeroed its off
  3. ACR SD G33/HAMR scopes are zeroed very high 300m
  4. ACR SD's you can see suppressors through walls
  5. RSASS SD is off zero and also the bipods project a shadow that can be seen through wall

PkP for light machine gun as I like the fact you can see outside the scope as well as though it making tracking fast moving targets or goups a bit easier.

I did like the M4SD but it just feels a bit weak.

I found a VSS on an AI and have been using that for a bit now.  Silenced, scoped with 10 round mags although 20 round mags can be had from the black market trader at Starey.

I loved the M107 for sniping but tend to use the M40A3 most of the time as I can carry DMR mags and break them down in to 5 shot mags when needed to save space.  Would like to try the M14 or even the EBR varient if it is available.

For a hand gun I was using the Makrov SD but just happen to carry a PDW I found now.  Takes lots of mag types, can hold up to 30 rounds and does 899 damage per bullet.  899 x up to 30 bullets per clip = a lot of up close damage vs a 1911 or revolvers 4,500 damage if you actually hit... ;) .  Spray and pray baby, if they get that close.

I think the PDW SD is still my favorite side arm.  I've been using the Kimber M1911 SD the last few days, though zeds still aggro to it and it's not really all that quiet.  I've still yet to use the Desert Eagle.

Sidearm:  PDW SD

Primary:  

MK17 EGLM RCO (great main scope, 7.62 bullet, second sight, just love the sounds of it as well.)

Alternates:

M110 or M21   DMR zoomable scope and it zeroes.  Best of both worlds.

ACR HAMR   Like the main scope, has dual scopes as well.