Suggestion - DayZ/ARMA/SQF StackExchange/Q&A site

ZamboniBambino

Hello,

I'm ZambinoBamboni, you may know me from such films as "For the love of god, release already!" and "That Arrogant English Bastard!", but today I am here suggesting something of a collaboration. I notice a lot of the time that there are people asking questions here around general ARMA scripting and other topics. Bohemia has its own wiki (which you may know I am a contributor to), however, it's not very good for asking questions -- only for RTFM. The rest of the internet is mainly forums, which aren't really that good for answering and de-duplicating answers and questions.

My suggestion is that we should make a proposal on Area 51 at StackExchange for an "ARMA scripting" Q&A site, and then move questions from this forum onto that StackExchange page, and link "Scripting help" to that page for new scripting questions. Either that, or create a sub-site, such as a Coordino installation for Epoch-only/DayZ scripting. I would happily create the latter, but I think a community site needs a community behind it, so here I am posting this.  

The benefit of having a StackExchange site is that it makes answering already-existing questions MUCH easier, and allows those of us who get somewhat-frequent private messages relating to script errors and general questions about scripting, and so on, to have a place to share those fixes/etc with the rest of the DayZ community. Not only that, but it keeps things to-the-point and makes fixes and suggestions much easier to see, as general chat is filtered out.

The reason why I would personally prefer an Arma scripting StackExchange rather than a DayZ or a DayZ epoch one, is that I think it will help get the thing off the ground -- all the DayZ mods get questions like these so, I think a nice central place to ask questions about DayZ/Arma scripting would be better than multiple Q&A sites for each mod, etc.

For more info on StackExchange & requesting a new site, look here: http://area51.stackexchange.com/faq

And for info on Coordino, look here: http://coordino.com/

Much love,

Zamboni