desperate need of scoffolding

Lanmanfm

Lol survivor that is what I am away to do, made the mistake of building a house the proper way, walls the roof. problem is once four walls are up you can't place the second story floor or ceiling. 

The system really needs a snap to option as well, lining things up with limited visibility is nigh on impossible. 

I wonder... could a person make a scaffolding soft of like the Anti-Zed Frequency emitter? It places the skeet machine in front you you when you build it. I just wonder if someone could make the recipe 2x scrap, 2x plywood and 4x lumber and have it craft one of the in game scaffolding. make it last until reboot. I don't know enough about making the scripts to tackle it, but since HFB has my server down, I might look at what I could do...

Wouldn't having a faster move up or down option (perhaps on a toggle mode) also go some way towards building higher bases? I've found if you have someone to sight it for you then can guide you to getting it to the right height. The only issue is that you have the 50 seconds to get it up and into the position you want, so if there was the option  to make the up/down movement quicker that would help a lot.

I like how the big thing with Epoch was realism.  Wood from trees and not from thin air, boiling water etc. and now its 300m high helipad fortresses.

And men that can carry unfathomably large loads in their back pack that usually require 40' flatbeds. Or thousands of rounds of ammo lying around on the ground, pre-loaded into magazines. Or every person being a qualified helicopter pilot, and a mechanic and survivalist or coming back to life after being shot in the face. Or zombies!

Yeah damn these people and their unrealistic bases. 

And men that can carry unfathomably large loads in their back pack that usually require 40' flatbeds. Or thousands of rounds of ammo lying around on the ground, pre-loaded into magazines. Or every person being a qualified helicopter pilot, and a mechanic and survivalist or coming back to life after being shot in the face. Or zombies!

Yeah damn these people and their unrealistic bases. 

What do you mean zombies?

• 3 months later...
  • I vote for temporary scaffolding. It's great for people who play solo.
  • Temporary string lines for keeping things straight and level?
  • The ability to turn an object 90 degrees at a time and have it continue to turn 90 degrees instead of flip 180.
  • A craftable, permanent wood burning stove to replace temporary and base barrel fires and their needless particle effects for flames? Just stock it with a woodpile and light the fire to have toasted pumpkin seeds.
  • How about craftable wood ramps?
  • Removable gunracks?
  • Update the Crafting system page to current version?

• 2 weeks later...