Better MYSQL Program

Storm

Question

I believe, I have found a better way to for the server to pool and load faster when using MYSQL.

This is a lot better then using xampp.

Download Here: https://edelivery.oracle.com/

This is mysql downloaded from http://www.mysql.com/ this will allow for better connection when using mysql.

http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/topreasons.html

Please note you will need a good server to use, its best if you are using a dedicated server when trying to use this mysql.

Run the download and configure based on these pictures

SUlgCJ9.png

Installation tab, execute, don't worry if connector/ODBC fails

nHsvnEI.png

Configure your server based on this if you are using a dedicated server, other wise just select Server Machine

Check advanced Options

*Note Make sure you have a good dedicated server!

iD926zu.png

Make a password for the root user of the mysql, then add a user.

UZMru1f.png

Make the user look like this or whatever you want your user to be. This user will be used to connect to the database.

Set the host to localhost. Keep role as DB Admin.

MXODQSZ.png

Start workbench.

--Configuring the workbench and importing files--

Connect to the database

oyYOT79.png

Change username to your dayz username

RgxroS9.png

Import the data into the database

kcbWQVo.png

Check "Import from self-contained File" and import the sql file

Click New for the target schema

dHCXYRW.png

Put the database name for the new target schema.

Start the import

You are finished and ready to connect.

You can use any mysql client to connect and edit the tables.

I have noticed better performance when trying to retrieve the data from the mysql server.

how is this better than xampp not trying to be a dick just asking 

Because it offers a better performance when having multiple servers connecting to one sql instance.

Also the connecting and pulling data from the mysql server is a lot faster then xampp is. It uses more resources though.

Plus workbench is really good to use.

good answer , im looking for some thing to help me out , my sql skills are  very very weak , i need to read a few things , watch a few videos , do you know any thing about the Config file ,and did you do any tweaks to it?

so far what i have done to my sql xampp server is just edit a few lines to allow more memory and stuff because the default my.ini is pretty weak

how does this come out of the box?

good answer , im looking for some thing to help me out , my sql skills are  very very weak , i need to read a few things , watch a few videos , do you know any thing about the Config file ,and did you do any tweaks to it?

There is no need for tweaking.

the config type will set your mysql server based on weather it's a dedicated server or a just a regular server machine.

If you have a dedicated server and the resources then use the dedicated server config as it will help even more.

Xampp has a really bad storage-engine....

Really no tweaking required that sounds to good to be true lol , are you sure about that? 

and im currnently hosting on a VDS server with 4x 3Ghz cores , 4 gigs of ram and an SDD drive , 

do u think i should give this a shot , today i had a problem on restart with 2 people losing gear , this hasnt happened to much but im pretty sure its to do with my poor sql skills

today is the first day since the update that any one has told me about this , so it was sort of a shock 

Really no tweaking required that sounds to good to be true lol , are you sure about that? 

Positive, the mysql will is set based on what your computer has available for resources. The config option is what will set how much the server can use and how well.

Take a look at this

http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/

http://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/topreasons.html

and im currnently hosting on a VDS server with 4x 3Ghz cores , 4 gigs of ram and an SDD drive , 

do u think i should give this a shot , today i had a problem on restart with 2 people losing gear , this hasnt happened to much but im pretty sure its to do with my poor sql skills

today is the first day since the update that any one has told me about this , so it was sort of a shock 

Player losing their gear after restarts is generally a bug with epoch.

Best way to stop this from happening if having them disconnect before the restart.

Player losing their gear after restarts is generally a bug with epoch.

Best way to stop this from happening if having them disconnect before the restart.

Yeah i have BEC send warnings from 5 mins b4 restart to disconect , the user said they disconected 6 mins prior to restart , like i said this does not happen often and i have changed bandwidth settings and such and it really did help stop this by at least 98% , only weird thing was that the server was not even busy at the time when this happen ,

and yeah i understand bugs will happen , they were ok with it , it doesn't happen much thank god lol 

thats y i also have a feeling it could be my sql , i could make it better and that is never a bad thing

what are you using for your restart time, like in mins after restart that ur server starts back up?

Yeah i have BEC send warnings from 5 mins b4 restart to disconect , the user said they disconected 6 mins prior to restart , like i said this does not happen often and i have changed bandwidth settings and such and it really did help stop this by at least 98% , only weird thing was that the server was not even busy at the time when this happen ,

and yeah i understand bugs will happen , they were ok with it , it doesn't happen much thank god lol 

thats y i also have a feeling it could be my sql , i could make it better and that is never a bad thing

what are you using for your restart time, like in mins after restart that ur server starts back up?

<Scheduler>

<!-- Schedular to be shown all days in the week. -->
	<!-- show text ingame every 20 min -->

<job id="0">
        <time>001000</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>1</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 Join us at our website: pursuegaming.com or TS3: ts.pursuegaming.com:9987. </cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="1">
        <time>010000</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 Server uptime is one hour. In two hours this server will restart</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="2">
        <time>020000</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 Server uptime is two hours. In one hour this server will restart</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="3">
        <time>023000</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 In 30 minutes this server will restart</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="4">
        <time>024500</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 In 15 minutes this server will restart</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="5">
        <time>025000</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 In 10 minutes this server will restart</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="6">
        <time>025500</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 In 5  minutes this server will restart</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="7">
        <time>025700</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 In 3 minutes this server will restart</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="8">
        <time>025800</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 In 2 minutes this server will restart</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="9">
        <time>025900</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>say -1 In 1 minute this server will restart</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job>

<job id="10">
        <time>030000</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>#shutdown</cmd>
        <cmdtype>0</cmdtype>     
    </job> 

<job id="11">
        <time>030000</time>
		<delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>0</loop>
        <cmd>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\_DayZ_Overpoch.bat</cmd>
        <cmdtype>1</cmdtype>     
    </job>

</Scheduler>

I am using an older BEC 1.5

One of my servers has over 8000 objects in its database. Typically means that it takes about 20-30mins before anybody's ingame after a restart.

Anyway to fix this? Or can an epoch server just not have that many objects?

Something is wrong. I have had 13,000 objects and back in game in a minute after restart. What are you using to run your restarts?

BEC: #shutdown in the Scheduler.

The server is started again with a script that runs the DayZ_Epoch_instance_11_Chernarus.bat file & BEC.

I would suggest not using be shutdown and instead shutting down the server with a batch file that stops the service manually.   Give it about 15 seconds and start the server again with the service.

If you are not running your servers as services, you should be.  Makes managing them and restarting after crashes (rare these days) a lot easier.

I have found that battleye shutdowns are unreliable at best.

also make sure all of your tables in your db are running the same engine. I use innodb, won't argue the merrits of innodb vs myisam here but for row locking vs table locking alone, I think innodb is worth it.

edit: here's an example of how to restart a server with services

net stop DayZEpochSSD

timeout /T 15

net start DayZEpochSSD

can any one let me know how to allow my self to connect to the sql data base on my Dedi from my home pc , it allows me to connect to it when i turn off the firewall , so it has some thing to do with windows firewall, i installed Mysql , going to give it a shot set up was pretty simple 

I've been using BEC for over a year managing shutdowns without a problem in the scheduler.

The end of my scheduler,xml

<job id="8">
    <time>030000</time>
    <delay>000000</delay> 
    <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day> 
    <loop>0</loop> 
    <cmd>#shutdown</cmd> 
    <cmdtype>0</cmdtype> 
        </job>

<job id="9">
	<time>030000</time>
	<delay>000000</delay>
	<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
	<loop>1</loop>
	<cmd>D:\Dayz\Epoch\DayZ_Epoch_instance_11_Chernarus.bat</cmd> 
	<cmdtype>1</cmdtype> 
		</job>

</Scheduler>

Also my startup bat :

@echo off

:initialize
cls
echo Killing current running server ...
taskkill /IM arma2oaserver.exe /F
taskkill /IM bec_epoch.exe /F
echo Done!
timeout 20
echo.
goto start

:start
cd D:\Dayz\Epoch
echo Starting server again ...
start "arma2" /REALTIME "arma2oaserver.exe" -cpuCount=2 -maxMem=2047 -noSound  -port=2302  "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"
echo.

:start_bec
timeout 35
echo.
cd D:\Dayz\Epoch\BattlEye Extended Controls
echo Starting BEC again ...
@start bec_epoch.exe -f config.cfg
exit

I've been using BEC for over a year managing shutdowns without a problem in the scheduler.

Same here (although for 7 months).

I'm not sure if mysql is running slowly or what. It definitely is the no. of objects because with an empty table the restarts are very quick.

This program made no difference.

Same here (although for 7 months).

I'm not sure if mysql is running slowly or what. It definitely is the no. of objects because with an empty table the restarts are very quick.

This program made no difference.

Works a lot better for me.

You need to clean up those objects or get a better machine.

I have over 12k objects loading on the server and it only takes me about 2 minutes for the server to load all of the objects.