A couple questions about A3 Epoch

Tallahassee

Hi! First of all, I'm new here but I have been following you all in the shadows for a long time. I'm really looking forward for this mod to come and I enjoy every bit of info that is given to us.

Assuming that Altis is the "main" map Epoch is being developed on (though I've read multiple maps will be supported), I have a couple questions:

- Altis is a very "little village" based map, there are very few buildings that are more than 3 floors tall. Will this change in Epoch? It would be interesting (imo) if there was 2 or 3 main cities with a real "city" look, with a few flats and taller building as well a the little houses we are used to see all over the map.

- Altis is also a very, very, very militarized place, it is really full of military bases and camps, which is logical and normal in the context of A3, but I'm not sure if it would work in the context of Epoch where we are supposed to be civilian survivors. Will these bases stay or will they be removed? Like with the previous question, I think it would be more interesting if the heavy military stuff was more scarce. Maybe some of these bases would work as trader zones, but the rest could be replaced or removed.

Anyways, I'm sure you guys are doing an extraordinary job. Hope to see more soon!

But Epoch developers are supposedly making big changes on the map, or at least that's what I understand when they say they are adding caves and underground bunkers. It would be nice if they added more changes to make Altis fit the surviving theme a bit better.

I agree both islands look too dry and clean, but there's something about its mediterranean feeling that I kind of like. Still, I would make changes on it, starting with adding denser forest areas.

I love the idea of a big island map, nice not to need world border, the one thing I don't like about altis (and i like altis on a whole.) is that there isn't much cover. no expansive forest etc. I would also love how ever to be able to have basements in some of the houses that you could board up and bunk down in. or maybe caves and tunnels in the hills. maybe even set up like the old Vietnamese tunnel systems where you can live in underground bases and pop out different places to get position on enemy.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of a big island map, nice not to need world border, the one thing I don't like about altis (and i like altis on a whole.) is that there isn't much cover. no expansive forest etc. I would also love how ever to be able to have basements in some of the houses that you could board up and bunk down in. or maybe caves and tunnels in the hills. maybe even set up like the old Vietnamese tunnel systems where you can live in underground bases and pop out different places to get position on enemy.

^^ Love this idea but it sounds like a Roger Rabbit Base... What s up Doc!! :)

But... but...

Explore & Loot:

• Wrecked ships
  • Abandoned vehicles and buildings
  • Caves and Underground bunkers
  • Multipart reward based missions

I understand caves can be made by placing rocks creating an almost closed space above the map surface, but "Underground" bunkers does not sound like that.

Please devs, show us one of those bunkers! :ph34r:

It would only take some creative map making to create underground bunkers.  if the map engine truly can't accommodate for stuff under a certain depth then that is a real limitation and mistake by BI. but to combat that if that is an issue then you could simply add mountains and hill to raise the perceived ground level and then you would be able to build inside the structures.

do this could also give the chance to make some cool places. maybe the mountain base Wolverine got his adamantium, or a complete system of mine shaft from the years ago where gold was being mined.  (Imagine getting lost in a complex mine shaft system with Zombies all through the tunnels), or maybe even cheyenne mountain with a gate room for shits and giggles. Think of the weapons you might find that was brought back through the gate. lol  Epoch with a Staff Weapon (Ma'Tok)

It would only take some creative map making to create underground bunkers.  if the map engine truly can't accommodate for stuff under a certain depth then that is a real limitation and mistake by BI. but to combat that if that is an issue then you could simply add mountains and hill to raise the perceived ground level and then you would be able to build inside the structures.

do this could also give the chance to make some cool places. maybe the mountain base Wolverine got his adamantium, or a complete system of mine shaft from the years ago where gold was being mined.  (Imagine getting lost in a complex mine shaft system with Zombies all through the tunnels), or maybe even cheyenne mountain with a gate room for shits and giggles. Think of the weapons you might find that was brought back through the gate. lol  Epoch with a Staff Weapon (Ma'Tok)

That's what Namalsk did, the underground base isn't underground, it's a hole with the building sunk inside and then some false flooring above, glitchy when driving over.

That's what Namalsk did, the underground base isn't underground, it's a hole with the building sunk inside and then some false flooring above, glitchy when driving over.

I thought that might have been what they did and makes sense about the driving over it.