Placed Map Objects Accurately Using Infistar Anti-Hack

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I spawn a building/object via Infistar, it seems to go in a random spot.

It's pretty difficult to place objects accurately.

So, when I found out you could make a file called admin_start.sqf in your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder and press ALT+F11 to execute the script, I made this script to make my placements more accurate.

(This code will place the object directly on your head so make sure to have God Mode on.)

Make a file called admin_start.sqf in your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder (same folder as your ArmA2OA.exe) then paste this code in:

_objectPlaced = "Land_Misc_Cargo2C";

// Automagically grab position of player (for output later).

_objectPosition = (getPos player);

// Spawn object on top of player.

_placement = _objectPlaced createVehicle getPos player;

// Set its position to ontop of the player

_placement setPos (getPos player);

// Get the direction the player is facing + alter rotation

_placement setDir (getDir player + 180);

// Wait 3 seconds

sleep 3;

// Set the height of the object (in meters) if required

//_placement setPos [(getPos _placement) select 0, (getPos _placement) select 1, 0.2];

systemchat format ["Placed %1 at %2 - remember to INSERT it into the database",_objectPlaced,_objectPosition];

Go ingame, position yourself, press ALT+F11. You can alt-tab out of the game to change the classname without having to restart the server.

You can find classnames for almost everything here:
http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/index.php

The code is very simple (probably not 100% perfect but t works) and commented to help.

_objectPlaced = "Land_Misc_Cargo2C";

is where you place the classname of the object you wish to spawn.

If you wish to set the height of the object, remove the "//" from the line, enable the Infistar Debug Monitor and use the last numbers in the brackets.

For example:

_placement setPos [(getPos _placement) select 0, (getPos _placement) select 1, 12.34];

will set the object to 12.34 (meters) in the air.

I find this very useful for admin events and helping players position tricky objects in their bases.

Thanks to:
Infistar for the Admin Tools.

BioHazard for assistance in testing.