[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

Hey Raymix.

I want to thank you for this script. Mixing this with Vector Build and Axe Cops Elevator script, there is now infinite possibilities when building in Epoch.

I do have one problem though. I d.loaded the updated 1.3.1 snap_build.sqf so that we can build over water, and now when we try to snap, the tile we are placing miss aligns slightly when you rotate it.

eg.

vhG84bf.jpg

Seems to only happen when trying to snap tiles of the same type. Snapping works fine when you say, snap a wood floor to a metal floor.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but hopefully there's an easy fix. Don't really want to revert, I wanna build on water.  :P

Ahh crap, I think I know what's going on. The way rotation works in Arma 2 MP is quite retarded. If you simply rotate it, it only rotates locally, for it to be updated in Multiplayer environment, you also have to force it to getPos setPos each time it's rotated. On top of that it's just forced extra network trafic. Current player_build only uses ATL and does not do any surface checks. Which means once you rotate it, code to setPosATL is used which breaks the whole purpose of water bases I guess. Only tested this with wood walls tbh...

There is a way to fix this ofcourse, but I am actually thinking of a different approach. Someone posted me a faster way of position checks that uses ASL everywhere, which is pretty neat concept as it's not only faster, it is also fully compatible with water, so some extra if statements could be avoided (smaller code, also good). But Dayum other sctipt authors that tries to make their scripts compatible with snap pro gonna be pissed, lol

adjust this in your init.sqf with a negative value. Something like -5 should give nice boost to fps.

DZE_snapExtraRange = 0; 

What this does is reduce (or increase if value is positive) range check, which simply spawns less spheres (those blue spheres). This process is a bit CPU intensive for older chips tho, hence this variable was added to help with that. Unfortunately there is nothing else that can be done without breaking the whole point of snap pro... maybe ask BI to optimize their damn game, lol

BTW, what potato are you running? My specs can be found in sig, works very well for comparison. Mind laptops are quite dodgy when it comes to arma, too.

I'm running a decent laptop. I think it might have to do with how old it is. We will see how it runs when I get my new pc next week. Didn't invest 2500 Quid on it for no reason haha.

Thanks for the help mate.

Hey, this is not exactly a bug but more of a nice finishing touch :)

Wooden floors on the short side currently go slightly inside of each other:

If you update your current wooden floor config to use this one, it'll fix that ;)

class WoodFloor_Preview_DZ: FloorsWallsStairs {
		points[] = {
		{0,0,0,"Pivot"},
		{0,-2.33,0.130,"Back"},
		{0,2.33,0.130,"Front"},
		{-2.495,0,0.130,"Left"},
		{2.495,0,0.130,"Right"}
		};
		radius = 10;
	};

Its just me or it makes no sense? does the align not looks weird after server restart? should be more inside each other building part to prepare for gaps and wholes i guess... that would be a nice workaround.

Ahh crap, I think I know what's going on. The way rotation works in Arma 2 MP is quite retarded. If you simply rotate it, it only rotates locally, for it to be updated in Multiplayer environment, you also have to force it to getPos setPos each time it's rotated. On top of that it's just forced extra network trafic. Current player_build only uses ATL and does not do any surface checks. Which means once you rotate it, code to setPosATL is used which breaks the whole purpose of water bases I guess. Only tested this with wood walls tbh...

There is a way to fix this ofcourse, but I am actually thinking of a different approach. Someone posted me a faster way of position checks that uses ASL everywhere, which is pretty neat concept as it's not only faster, it is also fully compatible with water, so some extra if statements could be avoided (smaller code, also good). But Dayum other sctipt authors that tries to make their scripts compatible with snap pro gonna be pissed, lol

I'm looking forward to some very responsive snapping above deep water ;)

Ok I must be doing something wrong. I've installed this step by step & double checked it but I'm getting nothing on my server. I did have snap build on my server already so I have commented out everything that's related to that version in my custom/compiles :-

player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";

//player_buildControls = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_buildControls.sqf";

snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";

//snap_object = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\snap_object.sqf";

dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

But I'm getting nothing on my server for snapping at all now, no errors in my rpt.

Any idea?

I'm looking forward to some very responsive snapping above deep water ;)

I'll be pushing 1.4 update tomorrow, it's 7AM already lol. 

I've designed it around Epoch 1052, there's ton of updates and optimizations in it, like rotating object while holding and fixed object jumping when changing manual points. Proper deep water bases are now fully supported as well.

Gonna make a video showing all the changes and fixes, too.

For addon authors and people using diffmerged files - there's ton of changes in player_build, hence the jump in update version. I'll see if I can assist with merging changes.

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/pull/1541 (this is modular build, but still, same idea applies to vanilla)

whole snap_build and player_build now fully utilizes ASL based getPos for extra speeds (thanks whoever mentioned it, can't find a post or PM, sorry)

Ok I must be doing something wrong. I've installed this step by step & double checked it but I'm getting nothing on my server. I did have snap build on my server already so I have commented out everything that's related to that version in my custom/compiles :-

player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";

//player_buildControls = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\player_buildControls.sqf";

snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";

//snap_object = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\snap_object.sqf";

dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

But I'm getting nothing on my server for snapping at all now, no errors in my rpt.

Any idea?

Could you please post full compiles file? Didn't notice you commenting out otter's player_build file, that could overwrite mine. I need to see what other mods you are using that has customized functions

/*
FUNCTION COMPILES
*/
//Player only

//Start Dynamic Weather
    execVM "custom\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
    initialized = true;

if (!isDedicated) then {

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.07, 0.31, 0.23, 0.37, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

BIS_Effects_Burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";
player_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf"; //Run on a players computer, checks if the player is near a zombie
player_zombieAttack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieAttack.sqf"; //Run on a players computer, causes a nearby zombie to attack them
fnc_usec_damageActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageActions.sqf"; //Checks which actions for nearby casualty
fnc_inAngleSector = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_inAngleSector.sqf"; //Checks which actions for nearby casualty
//fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf"; //Checks which actions for self
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fn_selfActions.sqf";
fnc_usec_unconscious = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_unconscious.sqf";
player_temp_calculation = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_temperatur.sqf"; //Temperatur System //TeeChange
player_weaponFiredNear = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_weaponFiredNear.sqf";
player_animalCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_animalCheck.sqf";
player_spawnCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_spawnCheck.sqf";
player_dumpBackpack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_dumpBackpack.sqf";
building_spawnLoot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\building_spawnLoot.sqf";
building_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\building_spawnZombies.sqf";
player_fired = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_fired.sqf"; //Runs when player fires. Alerts nearby Zeds depending on calibre && audial rating
player_harvest = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_harvest.sqf";
player_packTent = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_packTent.sqf";
player_packVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_packVault.sqf";
player_unlockVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_unlockVault.sqf";

player_removeObject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\remove.sqf";
player_removeNearby =     compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_removeNearby.sqf";

player_removeTankTrap = {
//Object Array, Range, Error Message (@Skaronator)
[["Hedgehog_DZ"], 1,"STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_14"] call player_removeNearby;
};
player_removeNet = {
[["DesertLargeCamoNet","ForestCamoNet_DZ","DesertLargeCamoNet_DZ","ForestLargeCamoNet_DZ"], 5,"str_epoch_player_8"] call player_removeNearby;
};

player_login = {
private ["_unit","_detail"];
_unit = _this select 0;
_detail = _this select 1;
if(_unit == getPlayerUID player) then {
player setVariable["publish",_detail];
};
};

player_unlockDoor = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_unlockDoor.sqf";
player_changeCombo = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_changeCombo.sqf";

player_lockVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_lockVault.sqf";
player_updateGui = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_updateGui.sqf";
player_crossbowBolt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_crossbowBolt.sqf";
player_music = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_music.sqf"; //Used to generate ambient music
player_death = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_death.sqf";
player_switchModel = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_switchModel.sqf";
player_checkStealth = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_checkStealth.sqf";
world_sunRise = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_sunRise.sqf";
world_surfaceNoise = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_surfaceNoise.sqf";
player_humanityMorph = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_humanityMorph.sqf";
player_throwObject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_throwObject.sqf";
player_alertZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_alertZombies.sqf";
player_fireMonitor = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\fire_monitor.sqf";
fn_gearMenuChecks = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_gearMenuChecks.sqf";

//Objects
object_roadFlare = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_roadFlare.sqf";
object_setpitchbank = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_setpitchbank.sqf";
object_monitorGear = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_monitorGear.sqf";

local_roadDebris = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_roadDebris.sqf";

//Zombies
zombie_findTargetAgent = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf";
zombie_loiter = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_loiter.sqf"; //Server compile, used for loiter behaviour
zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_generate.sqf"; //Server compile, used for loiter behaviour
wild_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\wild_spawnZombies.sqf"; //Server compile, used for loiter behaviour

pz_attack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\pzombie\pz_attack.sqf";

dog_findTargetAgent = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\dog_findTargetAgent.sqf";

//actions
player_countmagazines = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_countmagazines.sqf";
player_addToolbelt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_addToolbelt.sqf";
player_copyKey = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_copyKey.sqf";
player_reloadMag = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_reloadMags.sqf";
player_loadCrate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_loadCrate.sqf";
player_craftItem = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_craftItem.sqf";
player_tentPitch = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\tent_pitch.sqf";
player_vaultPitch = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\vault_pitch.sqf";
player_drink = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_drink.sqf";
player_eat = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_eat.sqf";
player_useMeds = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_useMeds.sqf";
player_fillWater = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\water_fill.sqf";
player_makeFire = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_makefire.sqf";
player_harvestPlant = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_harvestPlant.sqf";
player_goFishing = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_goFishing.sqf";
player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_build.sqf";
player_wearClothes = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_wearClothes.sqf";
object_pickup = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\object_pickup.sqf";
player_flipvehicle = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_flipvehicle.sqf";
player_sleep = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_sleep.sqf";
player_antiWall = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_antiWall.sqf";
player_deathBoard = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\list_playerDeathsAlt.sqf";

player_plotPreview = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_showPlotRadius.sqf";
player_upgradeVehicle = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_upgradeVehicle.sqf";

//ui
player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\ui_selectSlot.sqf";
player_gearSync = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_gearSync.sqf";
player_gearSet = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_gearSet.sqf";
ui_changeDisplay = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\ui_changeDisplay.sqf";
ui_gear_sound =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\ui_gear_sound.sqf";

//System
player_monitor = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
player_spawn_1 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_spawn_1.sqf";
player_spawn_2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_spawn_2.sqf";
onPreloadStarted "dayz_preloadFinished = false;";
onPreloadFinished "dayz_preloadFinished = true;";

// helper functions
player_hasTools = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_hasTools.sqf";
player_checkItems = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_checkItems.sqf";
player_removeItems = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_removeItems.sqf";
//Trader ["Trader City Name",false,"enter"] - Trader City Name | Show Message | "enter" || "leave"
player_traderCity = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderCity.sqf";

// combination of check && remove items
player_checkAndRemoveItems = {
private ["_items","_b"];
_items = _this;
_b = _items call player_checkItems;
if (_b) then {
_b = _items call player_removeItems;
};
_b
};

dayz_HungerThirst = {
dayz_hunger = dayz_hunger + (_this select 0);
dayz_thirst = dayz_thirst + (_this select 1);
};

epoch_totalCurrency = {
// total currency
_total_currency = 0;
{
_part =  (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _x);
_worth =  (_part >> "worth");
if isNumber (_worth) then {
_total_currency = _total_currency + getNumber(_worth);
};
} count (magazines player);
_total_currency
};

epoch_itemCost = {
_trade_total = 0;
{
_part_in_configClass =  configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> (_x select 0);
if (isClass (_part_in_configClass)) then {
_part_inWorth = (_part_in_configClass >> "worth");
if isNumber (_part_inWorth) then {
_trade_total = _trade_total + (getNumber(_part_inWorth) * (_x select 1));
};
};
} count _this;

//diag_log format["DEBUG TRADER ITEMCOST: %1", _this];
_trade_total
};

epoch_returnChange = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\epoch_returnChange.sqf";
// usage [["partinclassname",4]] call epoch_returnChange;

dayz_losChance = {
private["_agent","_maxDis","_dis","_val","_maxExp","_myExp"];
_agent = _this select 0;
_dis = _this select 1;
_maxDis = _this select 2;
// diag_log ("VAL:  " + str(_this));
_val = (_maxDis - _dis) max 0;
_maxExp = ((exp 2) * _maxDis);
_myExp = ((exp 2) * (_val)) / _maxExp;
_myExp = _myExp * 0.7;
_myExp
};

ui_initDisplay = {
private["_control","_ctrlBleed","_display","_ctrlFracture","_ctrlDogFood","_ctrlDogWater","_ctrlDogWaterBorder", "_ctrlDogFoodBorder"];
disableSerialization;
_display = uiNamespace getVariable 'DAYZ_GUI_display';
_control = _display displayCtrl 1204;
_control ctrlShow false;
if (!r_player_injured) then {
_ctrlBleed = _display displayCtrl 1303;
_ctrlBleed ctrlShow false;
};
if (!r_fracture_legs && !r_fracture_arms) then {
_ctrlFracture = _display displayCtrl 1203;
_ctrlFracture ctrlShow false;
};
_ctrlDogFoodBorder = _display displayCtrl 1501;
_ctrlDogFoodBorder ctrlShow false;
_ctrlDogFood = _display displayCtrl 1701;
_ctrlDogFood ctrlShow false;

_ctrlDogWaterBorder = _display displayCtrl 1502;
_ctrlDogWaterBorder ctrlShow false;
_ctrlDogWater = _display displayCtrl 1702;
_ctrlDogWater ctrlShow false
};

dayz_losCheck = {
private["_target","_agent","_cantSee"];
_target = _this select 0; // PUT THE PLAYER IN FIRST ARGUMENT!!!!
_agent = _this select 1;
_cantSee = true;
if (!isNull _target) then {

_tPos = visiblePositionASL _target;
_zPos = visiblePositionASL _agent;

_tPos set [2,(_tPos select 2)+1];
_zPos set [2,(_zPos select 2)+1];

if ((count _tPos > 0) && (count _zPos > 0)) then {
_cantSee = terrainIntersectASL [_tPos, _zPos];
if (!_cantSee) then {
_cantSee = lineIntersects [_tPos, _zPos, _agent, vehicle _target];
};
};
};
_cantSee
};

dayz_equipCheck = {
private ["_empty", "_needed","_diff","_success"];
_config = _this;
_empty = [player] call BIS_fnc_invSlotsEmpty;
_needed = [_config] call BIS_fnc_invSlotType;
_diff = [_empty,_needed] call BIS_fnc_vectorDiff;

_success = true;
{
if (_x > 0) then {_success = false};
} count _diff;
hint format["Config: %5\nEmpty: %1\nNeeded: %2\nDiff: %3\nSuccess: %4",_empty,_needed,_diff,_success,_config];
_success
};

vehicle_gear_count = {
private["_counter"];
_counter = 0;
{
_counter = _counter + _x;
} count _this;
_counter
};

player_tagFriendlyMsg = {
if(player == (_this select 0)) then {
cutText[(localize "str_epoch_player_2"),"PLAIN DOWN"];
};
};

player_serverModelChange = {
private["_object","_model"];
_object = _this select 0;
_model = _this select 1;
if (_object == player) then {
_model call player_switchModel;
};
};

player_guiControlFlash = {
private["_control"];
_control = _this;
if (ctrlShown _control) then {
_control ctrlShow false;
} else {
_control ctrlShow true;
};
};

gearDialog_create = {
private ["_i","_dialog"];
if (!isNull (findDisplay 106)) then {
(findDisplay 106) closeDisplay 0;
};
openMap false;
closeDialog 0;
if (gear_done) then {sleep 0.001;};
player action ["Gear", player];
_dialog = findDisplay 106;
_i = 0;
while {isNull _dialog} do {//DO NOT CHANGE TO A FOR LOOP!
_i = _i + 1;
if (_i in [100,200,299]) then {
closeDialog 0;
};
if (_i > 300) exitWith {};
};
if ((parseNumber(_this select 0)) != 0) then {
ctrlActivate (_dialog displayCtrl 157);
if (gear_done) then {
waitUntil {ctrlShown (_dialog displayCtrl 159)};
sleep 0.001;
};
};
_dialog
};

gear_ui_offMenu = {
private["_control","_parent","_menu"];
disableSerialization;
_control = _this select 0;
_parent = findDisplay 106;
if (!(_this select 3)) then {
for "_i" from 0 to 9 do {
_menu = _parent displayCtrl (1600 + _i);
_menu ctrlShow false;
};
_grpPos = ctrlPosition _control;
_grpPos set [3,0];
_control ctrlSetPosition _grpPos;
_control ctrlShow false;
_control ctrlCommit 0;
};
};

dze_surrender_off = {
player setVariable ["DZE_Surrendered", false, true];
DZE_Surrender = false;
};

gear_ui_init = {
private["_control","_parent","_menu","_dspl","_grpPos"];
disableSerialization;
_control = _parent displayCtrl 6902;
_menu ctrlShow false;
};
_grpPos set [3,0];
_control ctrlShow false;
_control ctrlCommit 0;
};

dayz_eyeDir = {
private["_vval","_vdir"];
_vval = (eyeDirection _this);
_vdir = (_vval select 0) atan2 (_vval select 1);
if (_vdir < 0) then {_vdir = 360 + _vdir};
_vdir
};

DZE_getModelName = {
_objInfo = toArray(str(_this));
_lenInfo = count _objInfo - 1;
_objName = [];
_i = 0;
// determine where the object name starts
{
if (58 == _objInfo select _i) exitWith {};
_i = _i + 1;
} count _objInfo;
_i = _i + 2; // skip the ": " part
for "_k" from _i to _lenInfo do {
_objName set [(count _objName), (_objInfo select _k)];
};
_objName = toLower(toString(_objName));
_objName
};

dze_isnearest_player = {
private ["_notClosest","_playerDistance","_nearPlayers","_obj","_playerNear"];
if(!isNull _this) then {
_nearPlayers = _this nearEntities ["CAManBase", 12];
_playerNear = ({isPlayer _x} count _nearPlayers) > 1;
_notClosest = false;
if (_playerNear) then {
// check if another player is closer
_playerDistance = player distance _this;
{
if (_playerDistance > (_x distance _this)) exitWith { _notClosest = true; };
} count _nearPlayers;
};
} else {
_notClosest = false;
};
_notClosest
};

// trader menu code
if (DZE_ConfigTrader) then {
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuConfig.sqf";
}else{
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";
};
// recent murders menu code
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_murderMenu.sqf";

//This is still needed but the fsm should terminate if any errors pop up.
[] spawn {
        private["_timeOut","_display","_control1","_control2"];
        disableSerialization;
        _timeOut = 0;
        dayz_loadScreenMsg = "";
        diag_log "DEBUG: loadscreen guard started.";
        _display = uiNameSpace getVariable "BIS_loadingScreen";
        if (!isNil "_display") then {
                _control1 = _display displayctrl 8400;
                _control2 = _display displayctrl 102;
        };
if (!isNil "dayz_DisplayGenderSelect") then {
waitUntil {!dayz_DisplayGenderSelect};
};

// 120 sec timeout (12000 * 0.01)
        while { _timeOut < 12000 } do {
            if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };
                if ( isNull _display ) then {
                        waitUntil { !dialog; };
                        startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
                };

if ( dayz_loadScreenMsg != "" ) then {
                        _control1 ctrlSetText dayz_loadScreenMsg;
                        dayz_loadScreenMsg = "";
                };

_control2 ctrlSetText format["%1",round(_timeOut*0.01)];
            };

_timeOut = _timeOut + 1;

if (_timeOut >= 12000) then {
                1 cutText [localize "str_player_login_timeout", "PLAIN DOWN"];
                sleep 10;
                endLoadingScreen;
                endMission "END1";
            };

sleep 0.01;
        };
};

dayz_meleeMagazineCheck = {
                private["_meleeNum","_magType"];
                _magType =         ([] + getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _wpnType >> "magazines")) select 0;
                _meleeNum = ({_x == _magType} count magazines player);
                if (_meleeNum < 1) then {
                        player addMagazine _magType;
                };
        };

dayz_originalPlayer = player;

progressLoadingScreen 0.8;
};

//Both
BIS_fnc_selectRandom = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_selectRandom.sqf";
BIS_fnc_vectorAdd =         compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_vectorAdd.sqf";
BIS_fnc_halo =              compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_halo.sqf";
BIS_fnc_findNestedElement = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_findNestedElement.sqf";
BIS_fnc_param = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_param.sqf";

fnc_buildWeightedArray = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_buildWeightedArray.sqf"; //Checks which actions for nearby casualty
fnc_usec_damageVehicle = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandlerVehicle.sqf"; //Event handler run on damage

// object_vehicleKilled = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_vehicleKilled.sqf"; //Event handler run on damage
object_setHitServer = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_setHitServer.sqf"; //process the hit as a NORMAL damage (useful for persistent vehicles)
object_setFixServer = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_setFixServer.sqf"; //process the hit as a NORMAL damage (useful for persistent vehicles)
object_getHit = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_getHit.sqf"; //gets the hit value for a HitPoint (i.e. HitLegs) against the selection (i.e. "legs"), returns the value
object_setHit = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_setHit.sqf"; //process the hit as a NORMAL damage (useful for persistent vehicles)
object_processHit = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_processHit.sqf"; //process the hit in the REVO damage system (records && sets hit)
object_delLocal = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_delLocal.sqf";
// object_cargoCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_cargoCheck.sqf"; //Run by the player || server to monitor changes in cargo contents
fnc_usec_damageHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandler.sqf"; //Event handler run on damage
fnc_veh_ResetEH = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\veh_ResetEH.sqf"; //Initialize vehicle
// Vehicle damage fix
vehicle_handleDamage    = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\vehicle_handleDamage.sqf";
vehicle_handleKilled    = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\vehicle_handleKilled.sqf";
//fnc_vehicleEventHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\vehicle_init.sqf"; //Initialize vehicle
fnc_inString = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_inString.sqf";
fnc_isInsideBuilding = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_isInsideBuilding.sqf"; //_isInside = [_unit,_building] call fnc_isInsideBuilding;
fnc_isInsideBuilding2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_isInsideBuilding2.sqf"; //_isInside = [_unit,_building] call fnc_isInsideBuilding2;
fnc_isInsideBuilding3 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_isInsideBuilding3.sqf"; //_isInside = [_unit,_building] call fnc_isInsideBuilding3;
dayz_zombieSpeak = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_speak.sqf"; //Used to generate random speech for a unit
vehicle_getHitpoints = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\vehicle_getHitpoints.sqf";
local_gutObject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_gutObject.sqf"; //Generated on the server (|| local to unit) when gutting an object
local_lockUnlock = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\local_lockUnlock.sqf"; //When vehicle is local to unit perform locking vehicle
local_gutObjectZ = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_gutObjectZ.sqf"; //Generated on the server (|| local to unit) when gutting an object
local_zombieDamage = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandlerZ.sqf"; //Generated by the client who created a zombie to track damage
local_eventKill = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_eventKill.sqf"; //Generated when something is killed
//player_weaponCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_weaponCheck.sqf"; //Run by the player || server to monitor whether they have picked up a new weapon
curTimeStr = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_curTimeStr.sqf";
player_medBandage = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medBandaged.sqf";
player_medInject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medInject.sqf";
player_medEpi = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medEpi.sqf";
player_medTransfuse = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medTransfuse.sqf";
player_medMorphine = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medMorphine.sqf";
player_breaklegs = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medBreakLegs.sqf";
player_medPainkiller = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medPainkiller.sqf";
world_isDay = {if ((daytime < (24 - dayz_sunRise)) && (daytime > dayz_sunRise)) then {true} else {false}};
player_humanityChange = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_humanityChange.sqf";
spawn_loot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\spawn_loot.sqf";
spawn_loot_small = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\spawn_loot_small.sqf";
// player_projectileNear = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_projectileNear.sqf";
FNC_GetSetPos = { //DO NOT USE IF YOU NEED ANGLE COMPENSATION!!!!
private "_pos";
_thingy = _this select 0;
_pos = getPosASL _thingy;
if (surfaceIsWater _pos) then {
_thingy setPosASL _pos;
} else {
_thingy setPosATL (ASLToATL _pos);
};
};
FNC_GetPos = {
private "_pos";
if (isNil {_this select 0}) exitWith {[0,0,0]};
if !(surfaceIsWater _pos) then {
_pos =  ASLToATL _pos;
};
_pos
};
local_setFuel = {
private["_qty","_vehicle"];
_vehicle = _this select 0;
_qty = _this select 1;
_vehicle setFuel _qty;
};
zombie_initialize = {
private ["_unit","_position"];
_unit = _this select 0;
if (isServer) then {
_unit addEventHandler ["local", {_this call zombie_findOwner}];
};
_id = _unit addeventhandler["HandleDamage", { _this call local_zombieDamage }];
_id = _unit addeventhandler["Killed", { [_this, "zombieKills"] call local_eventKill }];
};

dayz_EjectPlayer = {
// check if player in vehicle
        private ["_noDriver","_vehicle","_inVehicle"];
        _vehicle = vehicle player;
_inVehicle = (_vehicle != player);
if(_inVehicle) then {
_noDriver = ((_vehicle emptyPositions "driver") > 0);
if (_noDriver && (speed _vehicle) != 0) then {
player action [ "eject", _vehicle];
};
};
};

player_sumMedical = {
private["_character","_wounds","_legs","_arms","_medical"];
_character = _this;
_wounds = [];
if (_character getVariable["USEC_injured",false]) then {
{
if (_character getVariable[_x,false]) then {
_wounds set [count _wounds,_x];
};
} count USEC_typeOfWounds;
};
_legs = _character getVariable ["hit_legs",0];
_arms = _character getVariable ["hit_arms",0];
_medical = [
_character getVariable["USEC_isDead",false],
_character getVariable["NORRN_unconscious", false],
_character getVariable["USEC_infected",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_injured",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_inPain",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_isCardiac",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_lowBlood",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_BloodQty",12000],
_wounds,
[_legs,_arms],
_character getVariable["unconsciousTime",0],
_character getVariable["messing",[0,0]]
];
_medical
};

//Server Only
if (isServer) then {
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf";
} else {
eh_localCleanup = {};
};

initialized = true;

I'll be pushing 1.4 update tomorrow, it's 7AM already lol. 

I've designed it around Epoch 1052, there's ton of updates and optimizations in it, like rotating object while holding and fixed object jumping when changing manual points. Proper deep water bases are now fully supported as well.

Gonna make a video showing all the changes and fixes, too.

For addon authors and people using diffmerged files - there's ton of changes in player_build, hence the jump in update version. I'll see if I can assist with merging changes.

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/pull/1541 (this is modular build, but still, same idea applies to vanilla)

whole snap_build and player_build now fully utilizes ASL based getPos for extra speeds (thanks whoever mentioned it, can't find a post or PM, sorry)

Could you please post full compiles file? Didn't notice you commenting out otter's player_build file, that could overwrite mine. I need to see what other mods you are using that has customized functions

Nice one! Can't wait to try it out, that would be me who pointed the faster getPos ;)

Can't wait for the update buddy!

I have a quick question. If I where to say, put snap points on a vehicle, then build on the vehicle, would the objects move with it? Or would they stay in the position they were built? I'm assuming the second, but a flying base would be awesome. ;)

I have a quick question. If I where to say, put snap points on a vehicle, then build on the vehicle, would the objects move with it? Or would they stay in the position they were built? I'm assuming the second, but a flying base would be awesome. ;)

Attach the buildables to the vehicle and you have a car-base lol.

We've implimented the flying fortress from Origins on our server, so it would be cool to turn that in to an air base. :P

First part is possible - having snap points anywhere, lol, but not the second part unfortunately. Normally snap points would stay behind when you move vehicle. In 1.4 update snap points are no longer created using modelToWorld (since that junk is ATL only), they are now attached directly using offsets, which means your fortress fill fly around with snap points, lol. But publishing and reading database is static, so nope.

You can however wait for 1052 to release, it will have modular build system, where you can recreate parts of code yourself easily without affecting whole structure. This way you could for example give admins a chance to compile customized modular functions to attach buildables to your fortress and fly arund with a castle until restart, hahaha. But it will reset after restart. 

Will the new update work with 1.0.5.1 ?

yes. 1052 comes with snap integrated into Epoch. I am just building around it first as it's much faster than working with mission files (download speed each time you restart is the same on local machine, lol). This lets me single click to PBO and launch both server and a client from a single batch file in taskbar

/*
FUNCTION COMPILES
*/
//Player only

//Start Dynamic Weather
    execVM "custom\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
    initialized = true;

if (!isDedicated) then {

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.07, 0.31, 0.23, 0.37, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

BIS_Effects_Burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";
player_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf"; //Run on a players computer, checks if the player is near a zombie
player_zombieAttack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieAttack.sqf"; //Run on a players computer, causes a nearby zombie to attack them
fnc_usec_damageActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageActions.sqf"; //Checks which actions for nearby casualty
fnc_inAngleSector = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_inAngleSector.sqf"; //Checks which actions for nearby casualty
//fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf"; //Checks which actions for self
fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\fn_selfActions.sqf";
fnc_usec_unconscious = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_unconscious.sqf";
player_temp_calculation = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_temperatur.sqf"; //Temperatur System //TeeChange
player_weaponFiredNear = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_weaponFiredNear.sqf";
player_animalCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_animalCheck.sqf";
player_spawnCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_spawnCheck.sqf";
player_dumpBackpack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_dumpBackpack.sqf";
building_spawnLoot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\building_spawnLoot.sqf";
building_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\building_spawnZombies.sqf";
player_fired = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_fired.sqf"; //Runs when player fires. Alerts nearby Zeds depending on calibre && audial rating
player_harvest = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_harvest.sqf";
player_packTent = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_packTent.sqf";
player_packVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_packVault.sqf";
player_unlockVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_unlockVault.sqf";

player_removeObject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\remove.sqf";
player_removeNearby =     compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_removeNearby.sqf";

player_removeTankTrap = {
//Object Array, Range, Error Message (@Skaronator)
[["Hedgehog_DZ"], 1,"STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_14"] call player_removeNearby;
};
player_removeNet = {
[["DesertLargeCamoNet","ForestCamoNet_DZ","DesertLargeCamoNet_DZ","ForestLargeCamoNet_DZ"], 5,"str_epoch_player_8"] call player_removeNearby;
};

player_login = {
private ["_unit","_detail"];
_unit = _this select 0;
_detail = _this select 1;
if(_unit == getPlayerUID player) then {
player setVariable["publish",_detail];
};
};

player_unlockDoor = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_unlockDoor.sqf";
player_changeCombo = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_changeCombo.sqf";

player_lockVault = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_lockVault.sqf";
player_updateGui = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_updateGui.sqf";
player_crossbowBolt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_crossbowBolt.sqf";
player_music = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_music.sqf"; //Used to generate ambient music
player_death = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_death.sqf";
player_switchModel = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_switchModel.sqf";
player_checkStealth = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_checkStealth.sqf";
world_sunRise = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_sunRise.sqf";
world_surfaceNoise = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_surfaceNoise.sqf";
player_humanityMorph = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_humanityMorph.sqf";
player_throwObject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_throwObject.sqf";
player_alertZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_alertZombies.sqf";
player_fireMonitor = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\fire_monitor.sqf";
fn_gearMenuChecks = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_gearMenuChecks.sqf";

//Objects
object_roadFlare = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_roadFlare.sqf";
object_setpitchbank = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_setpitchbank.sqf";
object_monitorGear = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_monitorGear.sqf";

local_roadDebris = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_roadDebris.sqf";

//Zombies
zombie_findTargetAgent = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_findTargetAgent.sqf";
zombie_loiter = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_loiter.sqf"; //Server compile, used for loiter behaviour
zombie_generate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\zombie_generate.sqf"; //Server compile, used for loiter behaviour
wild_spawnZombies = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\wild_spawnZombies.sqf"; //Server compile, used for loiter behaviour

pz_attack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\pzombie\pz_attack.sqf";

dog_findTargetAgent = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\dog_findTargetAgent.sqf";

//actions
player_countmagazines = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_countmagazines.sqf";
player_addToolbelt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_addToolbelt.sqf";
player_copyKey = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_copyKey.sqf";
player_reloadMag = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_reloadMags.sqf";
player_loadCrate = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_loadCrate.sqf";
player_craftItem = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_craftItem.sqf";
player_tentPitch = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\tent_pitch.sqf";
player_vaultPitch = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\vault_pitch.sqf";
player_drink = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_drink.sqf";
player_eat = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_eat.sqf";
player_useMeds = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_useMeds.sqf";
player_fillWater = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\water_fill.sqf";
player_makeFire = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_makefire.sqf";
player_harvestPlant = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_harvestPlant.sqf";
player_goFishing = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_goFishing.sqf";
player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_build.sqf";
player_wearClothes = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_wearClothes.sqf";
object_pickup = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\object_pickup.sqf";
player_flipvehicle = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_flipvehicle.sqf";
player_sleep = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_sleep.sqf";
player_antiWall = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_antiWall.sqf";
player_deathBoard = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\list_playerDeathsAlt.sqf";

player_plotPreview = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_showPlotRadius.sqf";
player_upgradeVehicle = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_upgradeVehicle.sqf";

//ui
player_selectSlot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\ui_selectSlot.sqf";
player_gearSync = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_gearSync.sqf";
player_gearSet = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_gearSet.sqf";
ui_changeDisplay = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\ui_changeDisplay.sqf";
ui_gear_sound =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\ui_gear_sound.sqf";

//System
player_monitor = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
player_spawn_1 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_spawn_1.sqf";
player_spawn_2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_spawn_2.sqf";
onPreloadStarted "dayz_preloadFinished = false;";
onPreloadFinished "dayz_preloadFinished = true;";

// helper functions
player_hasTools = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_hasTools.sqf";
player_checkItems = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_checkItems.sqf";
player_removeItems = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_removeItems.sqf";
//Trader ["Trader City Name",false,"enter"] - Trader City Name | Show Message | "enter" || "leave"
player_traderCity = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderCity.sqf";

// combination of check && remove items
player_checkAndRemoveItems = {
private ["_items","_b"];
_items = _this;
_b = _items call player_checkItems;
if (_ B) then {
_b = _items call player_removeItems;
};
_b
};

dayz_HungerThirst = {
dayz_hunger = dayz_hunger + (_this select 0);
dayz_thirst = dayz_thirst + (_this select 1);
};

epoch_totalCurrency = {
// total currency
_total_currency = 0;
{
_part =  (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _x);
_worth =  (_part >> "worth");
if isNumber (_worth) then {
_total_currency = _total_currency + getNumber(_worth);
};
} count (magazines player);
_total_currency
};

epoch_itemCost = {
_trade_total = 0;
{
_part_in_configClass =  configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> (_x select 0);
if (isClass (_part_in_configClass)) then {
_part_inWorth = (_part_in_configClass >> "worth");
if isNumber (_part_inWorth) then {
_trade_total = _trade_total + (getNumber(_part_inWorth) * (_x select 1));
};
};
} count _this;

//diag_log format["DEBUG TRADER ITEMCOST: %1", _this];
_trade_total
};

epoch_returnChange = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\epoch_returnChange.sqf";
// usage [["partinclassname",4]] call epoch_returnChange;

dayz_losChance = {
private["_agent","_maxDis","_dis","_val","_maxExp","_myExp"];
_agent = _this select 0;
_dis = _this select 1;
_maxDis = _this select 2;
// diag_log ("VAL:  " + str(_this));
_val = (_maxDis - _dis) max 0;
_maxExp = ((exp 2) * _maxDis);
_myExp = ((exp 2) * (_val)) / _maxExp;
_myExp = _myExp * 0.7;
_myExp
};

ui_initDisplay = {
private["_control","_ctrlBleed","_display","_ctrlFracture","_ctrlDogFood","_ctrlDogWater","_ctrlDogWaterBorder", "_ctrlDogFoodBorder"];
disableSerialization;
_display = uiNamespace getVariable 'DAYZ_GUI_display';
_control = _display displayCtrl 1204;
_control ctrlShow false;
if (!r_player_injured) then {
_ctrlBleed = _display displayCtrl 1303;
_ctrlBleed ctrlShow false;
};
if (!r_fracture_legs && !r_fracture_arms) then {
_ctrlFracture = _display displayCtrl 1203;
_ctrlFracture ctrlShow false;
};
_ctrlDogFoodBorder = _display displayCtrl 1501;
_ctrlDogFoodBorder ctrlShow false;
_ctrlDogFood = _display displayCtrl 1701;
_ctrlDogFood ctrlShow false;

_ctrlDogWaterBorder = _display displayCtrl 1502;
_ctrlDogWaterBorder ctrlShow false;
_ctrlDogWater = _display displayCtrl 1702;
_ctrlDogWater ctrlShow false
};

dayz_losCheck = {
private["_target","_agent","_cantSee"];
_target = _this select 0; // PUT THE PLAYER IN FIRST ARGUMENT!!!!
_agent = _this select 1;
_cantSee = true;
if (!isNull _target) then {

_tPos = visiblePositionASL _target;
_zPos = visiblePositionASL _agent;

_tPos set [2,(_tPos select 2)+1];
_zPos set [2,(_zPos select 2)+1];

if ((count _tPos > 0) && (count _zPos > 0)) then {
_cantSee = terrainIntersectASL [_tPos, _zPos];
if (!_cantSee) then {
_cantSee = lineIntersects [_tPos, _zPos, _agent, vehicle _target];
};
};
};
_cantSee
};

dayz_equipCheck = {
private ["_empty", "_needed","_diff","_success"];
_config = _this;
_empty = [player] call BIS_fnc_invSlotsEmpty;
_needed = [_config] call BIS_fnc_invSlotType;
_diff = [_empty,_needed] call BIS_fnc_vectorDiff;

_success = true;
{
if (_x > 0) then {_success = false};
} count _diff;
hint format["Config: %5\nEmpty: %1\nNeeded: %2\nDiff: %3\nSuccess: %4",_empty,_needed,_diff,_success,_config];
_success
};

vehicle_gear_count = {
private["_counter"];
_counter = 0;
{
_counter = _counter + _x;
} count _this;
_counter
};

player_tagFriendlyMsg = {
if(player == (_this select 0)) then {
cutText[(localize "str_epoch_player_2"),"PLAIN DOWN"];
};
};

player_serverModelChange = {
private["_object","_model"];
_object = _this select 0;
_model = _this select 1;
if (_object == player) then {
_model call player_switchModel;
};
};

player_guiControlFlash = {
private["_control"];
_control = _this;
if (ctrlShown _control) then {
_control ctrlShow false;
} else {
_control ctrlShow true;
};
};

gearDialog_create = {
private ["_i","_dialog"];
if (!isNull (findDisplay 106)) then {
(findDisplay 106) closeDisplay 0;
};
openMap false;
closeDialog 0;
_i = 0;
while {isNull _dialog} do {//DO NOT CHANGE TO A FOR LOOP!
_i = _i + 1;
if (_i in [100,200,299]) then {
closeDialog 0;
};
if (_i > 300) exitWith {};
};
if ((parseNumber(_this select 0)) != 0) then {
ctrlActivate (_dialog displayCtrl 157);
if (gear_done) then {
waitUntil {ctrlShown (_dialog displayCtrl 159)};
sleep 0.001;
};
};
_dialog
};

gear_ui_offMenu = {
private["_control","_parent","_menu"];
disableSerialization;
_control = _this select 0;
if (!(_this select 3)) then {
_menu ctrlShow false;
};
_grpPos set [3,0];
_control ctrlShow false;
_control ctrlCommit 0;
};
};

dze_surrender_off = {
player setVariable ["DZE_Surrendered", false, true];
DZE_Surrender = false;
};

gear_ui_init = {
private["_control","_parent","_menu","_dspl","_grpPos"];
disableSerialization;
_control = _parent displayCtrl 6902;
_menu ctrlShow false;
};
_grpPos set [3,0];
_control ctrlShow false;
_control ctrlCommit 0;
};

dayz_eyeDir = {
private["_vval","_vdir"];
_vval = (eyeDirection _this);
_vdir = (_vval select 0) atan2 (_vval select 1);
if (_vdir < 0) then {_vdir = 360 + _vdir};
_vdir
};

DZE_getModelName = {
_objInfo = toArray(str(_this));
_lenInfo = count _objInfo - 1;
_objName = [];
_i = 0;
// determine where the object name starts
{
if (58 == _objInfo select _i) exitWith {};
_i = _i + 1;
} count _objInfo;
_i = _i + 2; // skip the ": " part
for "_k" from _i to _lenInfo do {
_objName set [(count _objName), (_objInfo select _k)];
};
_objName = toLower(toString(_objName));
_objName
};

dze_isnearest_player = {
private ["_notClosest","_playerDistance","_nearPlayers","_obj","_playerNear"];
if(!isNull _this) then {
_nearPlayers = _this nearEntities ["CAManBase", 12];
_playerNear = ({isPlayer _x} count _nearPlayers) > 1;
_notClosest = false;
if (_playerNear) then {
// check if another player is closer
_playerDistance = player distance _this;
{
if (_playerDistance > (_x distance _this)) exitWith { _notClosest = true; };
} count _nearPlayers;
};
} else {
_notClosest = false;
};
_notClosest
};

// trader menu code
if (DZE_ConfigTrader) then {
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuConfig.sqf";
}else{
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";
};
// recent murders menu code
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_murderMenu.sqf";

//This is still needed but the fsm should terminate if any errors pop up.
[] spawn {
        private["_timeOut","_display","_control1","_control2"];
        disableSerialization;
        _timeOut = 0;
        dayz_loadScreenMsg = "";
        diag_log "DEBUG: loadscreen guard started.";
        };
if (!isNil "dayz_DisplayGenderSelect") then {
waitUntil {!dayz_DisplayGenderSelect};
};

// 120 sec timeout (12000 * 0.01)
        while { _timeOut < 12000 } do {
            if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; };
                if ( isNull _display ) then {
                        waitUntil { !dialog; };
                        startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
                };

if ( dayz_loadScreenMsg != "" ) then {
                        _control1 ctrlSetText dayz_loadScreenMsg;
                        dayz_loadScreenMsg = "";
                };

_control2 ctrlSetText format["%1",round(_timeOut*0.01)];
            };

_timeOut = _timeOut + 1;

if (_timeOut >= 12000) then {
                1 cutText [localize "str_player_login_timeout", "PLAIN DOWN"];
                sleep 10;
                endLoadingScreen;
                endMission "END1";
            };

sleep 0.01;
        };
};

dayz_meleeMagazineCheck = {
                private["_meleeNum","_magType"];
                _magType =         ([] + getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _wpnType >> "magazines")) select 0;
                _meleeNum = ({_x == _magType} count magazines player);
                if (_meleeNum < 1) then {
                        player addMagazine _magType;
                };
        };

dayz_originalPlayer = player;

progressLoadingScreen 0.8;
};

//Both
BIS_fnc_selectRandom = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_selectRandom.sqf";
BIS_fnc_vectorAdd =         compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_vectorAdd.sqf";
BIS_fnc_halo =              compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_halo.sqf";
BIS_fnc_findNestedElement = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_findNestedElement.sqf";
BIS_fnc_param = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\BIS_fnc\fn_param.sqf";

fnc_buildWeightedArray = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_buildWeightedArray.sqf"; //Checks which actions for nearby casualty
fnc_usec_damageVehicle = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandlerVehicle.sqf"; //Event handler run on damage

// object_vehicleKilled = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_vehicleKilled.sqf"; //Event handler run on damage
object_setHitServer = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_setHitServer.sqf"; //process the hit as a NORMAL damage (useful for persistent vehicles)
object_setFixServer = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_setFixServer.sqf"; //process the hit as a NORMAL damage (useful for persistent vehicles)
object_getHit = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_getHit.sqf"; //gets the hit value for a HitPoint (i.e. HitLegs) against the selection (i.e. "legs"), returns the value
object_setHit = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_setHit.sqf"; //process the hit as a NORMAL damage (useful for persistent vehicles)
object_processHit = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_processHit.sqf"; //process the hit in the REVO damage system (records && sets hit)
object_delLocal = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_delLocal.sqf";
// object_cargoCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_cargoCheck.sqf"; //Run by the player || server to monitor changes in cargo contents
fnc_usec_damageHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandler.sqf"; //Event handler run on damage
fnc_veh_ResetEH = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\veh_ResetEH.sqf"; //Initialize vehicle
// Vehicle damage fix
vehicle_handleDamage    = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\vehicle_handleDamage.sqf";
vehicle_handleKilled    = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\vehicle_handleKilled.sqf";
//fnc_vehicleEventHandler = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\vehicle_init.sqf"; //Initialize vehicle
fnc_inString = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_inString.sqf";
fnc_isInsideBuilding = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_isInsideBuilding.sqf"; //_isInside = [_unit,_building] call fnc_isInsideBuilding;
fnc_isInsideBuilding2 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_isInsideBuilding2.sqf"; //_isInside = [_unit,_building] call fnc_isInsideBuilding2;
fnc_isInsideBuilding3 = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_isInsideBuilding3.sqf"; //_isInside = [_unit,_building] call fnc_isInsideBuilding3;
dayz_zombieSpeak = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_speak.sqf"; //Used to generate random speech for a unit
vehicle_getHitpoints = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\vehicle_getHitpoints.sqf";
local_gutObject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_gutObject.sqf"; //Generated on the server (|| local to unit) when gutting an object
local_lockUnlock = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\local_lockUnlock.sqf"; //When vehicle is local to unit perform locking vehicle
local_gutObjectZ = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_gutObjectZ.sqf"; //Generated on the server (|| local to unit) when gutting an object
local_zombieDamage = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_damageHandlerZ.sqf"; //Generated by the client who created a zombie to track damage
local_eventKill = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_eventKill.sqf"; //Generated when something is killed
//player_weaponCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_weaponCheck.sqf"; //Run by the player || server to monitor whether they have picked up a new weapon
curTimeStr = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\fn_curTimeStr.sqf";
player_medBandage = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medBandaged.sqf";
player_medInject = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medInject.sqf";
player_medEpi = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medEpi.sqf";
player_medTransfuse = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medTransfuse.sqf";
player_medMorphine = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medMorphine.sqf";
player_breaklegs = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medBreakLegs.sqf";
player_medPainkiller = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\publicEH\medPainkiller.sqf";
world_isDay = {if ((daytime < (24 - dayz_sunRise)) && (daytime > dayz_sunRise)) then {true} else {false}};
player_humanityChange = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_humanityChange.sqf";
spawn_loot = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\spawn_loot.sqf";
spawn_loot_small = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\spawn_loot_small.sqf";
// player_projectileNear = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_projectileNear.sqf";
FNC_GetSetPos = { //DO NOT USE IF YOU NEED ANGLE COMPENSATION!!!!
private "_pos";
if (surfaceIsWater _pos) then {
_thingy setPosASL _pos;
} else {
_thingy setPosATL (ASLToATL _pos);
};
};
FNC_GetPos = {
private "_pos";
if (isNil {_this select 0}) exitWith {[0,0,0]};
if !(surfaceIsWater _pos) then {
_pos =  ASLToATL _pos;
};
_pos
};
local_setFuel = {
private["_qty","_vehicle"];
_vehicle = _this select 0;
_qty = _this select 1;
_vehicle setFuel _qty;
};
zombie_initialize = {
private ["_unit","_position"];
_unit = _this select 0;
if (isServer) then {
_unit addEventHandler ["local", {_this call zombie_findOwner}];
};
_id = _unit addeventhandler["HandleDamage", { _this call local_zombieDamage }];
_id = _unit addeventhandler["Killed", { [_this, "zombieKills"] call local_eventKill }];
};

dayz_EjectPlayer = {
// check if player in vehicle
        private ["_noDriver","_vehicle","_inVehicle"];
        _vehicle = vehicle player;
_inVehicle = (_vehicle != player);
if(_inVehicle) then {
_noDriver = ((_vehicle emptyPositions "driver") > 0);
if (_noDriver && (speed _vehicle) != 0) then {
player action [ "eject", _vehicle];
};
};
};

player_sumMedical = {
private["_character","_wounds","_legs","_arms","_medical"];
_character = _this;
_wounds = [];
if (_character getVariable["USEC_injured",false]) then {
{
if (_character getVariable[_x,false]) then {
_wounds set [count _wounds,_x];
};
} count USEC_typeOfWounds;
};
_legs = _character getVariable ["hit_legs",0];
_arms = _character getVariable ["hit_arms",0];
_medical = [
_character getVariable["USEC_isDead",false],
_character getVariable["NORRN_unconscious", false],
_character getVariable["USEC_infected",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_injured",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_inPain",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_isCardiac",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_lowBlood",false],
_character getVariable["USEC_BloodQty",12000],
_wounds,
[_legs,_arms],
_character getVariable["unconsciousTime",0],
_character getVariable["messing",[0,0]]
];
_medical
};

//Server Only
if (isServer) then {
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf";
} else {
eh_localCleanup = {};
};

initialized = true;

Line 111 overwrites my player_build with vanilla. Which means F and snap actions won't work.

I see you brought over whole compiles.sqf to mission side. It is not required, mate and just adds to mission size and load times. You are literary recompiling whole server twice in a row this way.

What you need to do is, create a new file (or use one from snap_pro on github) and add that to your custom compiles line in your init.sqf

If you have other mods that uses custom compiles, just add them to this file.

File will be smaller (less junk to download) as well as only functions that actually got changed will get reloaded, speeding up load times.

Here's how it should look like (example from my server):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb1ov3gke0sxa7c/shot_140821_183331.png

You can however wait for 1052 to release, it will have modular build system, where you can recreate parts of code yourself easily without affecting whole structure. This way you could for example give admins a chance to compile customized modular functions to attach buildables to your fortress and fly arund with a castle until restart, hahaha. But it will reset after restart.  

If you where to build a structure, then attach it to a chopper, fly it around, park it, then restart the server, would you be able to reattach it after the restart?

It's not super important. Just thinking of the possibilities. :D

Do you usually post an official announcement when uploading an update? I just don't want to miss it. :P

Love you!

If you where to build a structure, then attach it to a chopper, fly it around, park it, then restart the server, would you be able to reattach it after the restart?

It's not super important. Just thinking of the possibilities. :D

Do you usually post an official announcement when uploading an update? I just don't want to miss it. :P

Love you!

It's possible yeah. Probably could work out some sort of nearbyObjects code that builds an array of objects we are interested in. Add some addAction to publish (or delete when attaching) to database. Could work, not a rocket science, lol. Update is out.

Raymix works like a charm.

Thanks so much!

Glad you got it sorted, make sure to update.

Update: 1.4

Video explains what got updated and shows fully working water bases. Keep them bug reports coming guys, 1.0.5.2 version of snap should be as perfect as it can get.

Please please keep in mind that player_build structure got changed quite heavily, other scripts that also uses player will need this update. In fact updated player_build beats vanilla one in terms of performance and functionality... just saying  :ph34r:

Let me know if you get stuck diffmerging files, i'll see if I can assist

There is a little Bug with scaffoldings, they instantly get aborted from the building process because they are to far away from the point they were started (10 m blah blah)

Guess thats just the range they get spawned :)

Yeah the problem with scaffold is the way they are rotated 90 degrees around pivot by default. I will add a minor fix for this in future updates. When the code looks for offsets, just do a simple if check if it's scaffold, if so, rotate it 90 degrees and reduce offset by few meters. Easy fix, thanks for the report

Will vectors for 1.3 break version 1.4?

Vectors do not work at the moment. Striker will have to update his code to work with the new update. I'm going to try to update mine manually, but if you don't know what you're doing, I would just go without Vector Build for a bit till it's updated.