[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

Infistar also eem to glitch players trought buildables to the groundlevel, if there is a mapbuilding below the buildable

I can verify that it must be the infistar star and that you are getting set to the exact groundlevel (equals to what you are walking on, tested with wood and metal floors)

Anyone got a solution for this?

Infistar also eem to glitch players trought buildables to the groundlevel, if there is a mapbuilding below the buildable

I can verify that it must be the infistar star and that you are getting set to the exact groundlevel (equals to what you are walking on, tested with wood and metal floors)

Anyone got a solution for this?

ummm works fine here with latest infistar.

i have the advanced alchemy, and elevator scripts in.

if (!isDedicated) then {
player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
};

that is the compiles i use for your script

here is the call

progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\compiles.sqf"; //Snap Pro
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\Buildables\Crafting_Compiles.sqf"; // Buildables 

I'm having major issues with this on my server.
No logs showing errors however I'm getting myself MASSIVE fps drop after using snap pro for more than 5 - 10 items that I'm snapping.

My FPS gets so bad that I can't even move the screen and I have to ALT+F4.

Same with other people on my server having the exact same issue.

Is there a way to fix this ?

I'm having major issues with this on my server.

No logs showing errors however I'm getting myself MASSIVE fps drop after using snap pro for more than 5 - 10 items that I'm snapping.

My FPS gets so bad that I can't even move the screen and I have to ALT+F4.

Same with other people on my server having the exact same issue.

Is there a way to fix this ?

adjust this in your init.sqf with a negative value. Something like -5 should give nice boost to fps.

DZE_snapExtraRange = 0; 

What this does is reduce (or increase if value is positive) range check, which simply spawns less spheres (those blue spheres). This process is a bit CPU intensive for older chips tho, hence this variable was added to help with that. Unfortunately there is nothing else that can be done without breaking the whole point of snap pro... maybe ask BI to optimize their damn game, lol

BTW, what potato are you running? My specs can be found in sig, works very well for comparison. Mind laptops are quite dodgy when it comes to arma, too.

i have the advanced alchemy, and elevator scripts in.

if (!isDedicated) then {
player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
};

that is the compiles i use for your script

here is the call

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\compiles.sqf"; //Snap Pro
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\Buildables\Crafting_Compiles.sqf"; // Buildables 

Everything seems to be in order. Quite weird issue, man.

BTW what did you mean by "orange" and "rest of keys blue"? Does the Snap: OFF action come up at all? If not, then something is overwriting player_build file/function.

BTW what did you mean by "orange" and "rest of keys blue"? Does the Snap: OFF action come up at all? If not, then something is overwriting player_build file/function.

I found another bug when building above water, I only tried this with sandbags but the sphere is in the wrong position which snaps the sandbag lower than it should be.

Also another bug in general is: build a cinder block wall, press f to place it down, move around it, pick it back up, adjust the height, the rotation will ping back to it's default spawn offset.

Thanks for explaining before raymix. Think i just might fully understand it now.

This is interesting, i think you might be able to save it then. But i need to see the code that actually saves coordinates first to be sure.

X = 10003.56

Y = 11235.21

All you need to do is explode them on the . so you get

X = [10003,56];

Y = [11235,21];

Then save them to the database like

[_height,[X select 0 . X select 1,Y select 0 . Y select 1]]

This should payed more attention, i see so much talents here and nobody really work on a good fix to make that right.

But this is the basic part who everbody needs... what makes sense to play a sandbox game with buildingparts where every server restart your buildingparts going broke in case of make gaps and wholes? who need a bigger wheel for his car when the car rust inside? cmon guys, i believe on you, i know u can fix it!

I found another bug when building above water, I only tried this with sandbags but the sphere is in the wrong position which snaps the sandbag lower than it should be.

Also another bug in general is: build a cinder block wall, press f to place it down, move around it, pick it back up, adjust the height, the rotation will ping back to it's default spawn offset.

I'll test out sandbags later at some point, working on my HTPC now

I am aware of those rotations, it's tricky to make it to work properly and since it took me too much time to figure out, I just added "hacky" version that works with default position and moved on. Will look into it at some point, thanks for reminding.

Hey,

I'm pretty new to all this stuff. I'm trying to get Snap Building Pro & Dayz Group Management to work together, but i don't understand how, when i call them both from the init.sqf and start the server, one of them overwrites the other one, and one of them stops working in game. I'm not sure how to fix this, would love some help, thanks in advance.

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";  //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";  //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\compiles.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\compiles.sqf";            //Snap Pro
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";                              //Compile trader configs

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

yeah i watched your video and it appears that the F key at the bottom on the info is orange.. i thought that meant it was non active.  I thought maybe it was supposed to be blue like the rest of the info such on how to place objects and stuff. 

I just put back in the regular snap build for now until i get a chance to run the snap pro on the test server to see if i have another script conflicting. I have searched through folder after folder to see if anything has any of the same names and didn't find any. Im sure I will be able to figure it out.. I usually do and when I do I will share the info in-case someone else has the same issue. 

thanks for the quick reply's. 

Hi Everyone,

So I have the updated version of this and this morning I installed DZGM and ESS spawner, now I can turn snap on but when I hit "F" nothing happens despite 2 matching green dots.

Please Help! what is going on.

To enable window key DZGM tutorial tells you to bring dayz_spaceinterrupt.sqf file over from client side, which overwrites one used with snap_pro that enables F key.

Basically you have 2 almost duplicate files on your server for this function. Snap pro only adds 3 simple lines, so:

1) Delete dayz_spaceinterrupt.sqf file that came with Snap Pro

2) Open your DZGM dayz_spaceinterrupt.sqf file and add these lines to the bottom of this file, somewhere in between DZGM code and _handled. Doesn't matter where exactly, as long as it's before _handled.

// F key
if ((_dikCode == 0x21 and (!_alt and !_ctrl)) or (_dikCode in actionKeys "User6")) then {
	DZE_F = true;
};

edit: also to avoid "not found" errors

Thank you for your reply to him. It gave me the idea to go in my regular compiles file and I noticed the days_spaceinterupt in there calling to the one prebuilt into dayzcode file. When I get off work I will go and change that and see if it fixes my problem. Wish I would have thought of this before.

To enable window key DZGM tutorial tells you to bring dayz_spaceinterrupt.sqf file over from client side, which overwrites one used with snap_pro that enables F key.

Basically you have 2 almost duplicate files on your server for this function. Snap pro only adds 3 simple lines, so:

1) Delete dayz_spaceinterrupt.sqf file that came with Snap Pro

2) Open your DZGM dayz_spaceinterrupt.sqf file and add these lines to the bottom of this file, somewhere in between DZGM code and _handled. Doesn't matter where exactly, as long as it's before _handled.

// F key
if ((_dikCode == 0x21 and (!_alt and !_ctrl)) or (_dikCode in actionKeys "User6")) then {
	DZE_F = true;
};

This worked out great for me! Thanks alot!

Thanks for coming back with confirmation, I'll add this to Q&A

Thank you for your reply to him. It gave me the idea to go in my regular compiles file and I noticed the days_spaceinterupt in there calling to the one prebuilt into dayzcode file. When I get off work I will go and change that and see if it fixes my problem. Wish I would have thought of this before.

let me know how it works out for you

Don't forget to comment out the following code in compiles.sqf in your customer folder or it will throw an error when you log in saying it cannot find dayz_spaceInterupt.sqf

if (!isDedicated) then {
//	dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";
};

<snip>

Hey, this is not exactly a bug but more of a nice finishing touch :)

Wooden floors on the short side currently go slightly inside of each other:

97d17f0c48.jpg

If you update your current wooden floor config to use this one, it'll fix that ;)

class WoodFloor_Preview_DZ: FloorsWallsStairs {
		points[] = {
		{0,0,0,"Pivot"},
		{0,-2.33,0.130,"Back"},
		{0,2.33,0.130,"Front"},
		{-2.495,0,0.130,"Left"},
		{2.495,0,0.130,"Right"}
		};
		radius = 10;
	};

f99819d81c.jpg

Quick question. I've DZGM, Snap Pro and Vectors installed. Everything works great, Except one thing. When I tag players as friendly's, they cannot build on my plot pole. Would you know where to look to solve this problem?

This issue is related to player_build, so DZGM can be ignored. Vectors afaik does not even touch plotpole part and is compatible with snap pro (but there is a chance striker changed something, haven't checked latest version yet). Which leaves us with question - what else addons are you using? Admin fast build? Plot for life? Anything else that spawns or builds objects?

Ask seems like he is actually using customized objectUIDs, could be a minor bug nobody noticed yet