Items to stand up level in the map editor

Liqu1dShadow

Question

Can anyone tell me what the lines below do please as I am not 100% sure.

I am trying to get my items I add in the editor to stand upright no matter the angle of the ground and I think these are them but I don't know what they are doing :/

_vehicle_2 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["land_nav_pier_m_2", [13247.008, 3398.5906, -6.1535072], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_2 = _this;
  _this setDir 56.571701;

_this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
  _this setVehicleInit "this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, -2.5]";

_this setPos [13247.008, 3398.5906, -6.1535072];
};

If I make a map they don't have these lines in so I'm guessing its custom code.

Thanks

Azz

8 answers to this question

_this setVehicleInit "this setVectorUp [0,0,1];";

so this just forces it up?

and if I went into the maps script, put this on every item i was having an issue with, saved it and opened the map in the editor again would it be upright as it would be in the game?

I hope so [sat with fingers crossed]

Thanks for the reply

I'm trying to make a structure out at sea and the seabed is not level, wish there was a way of making items all a set height in the game world, not a set height above the ground :/ doing my head in lol

What are you trying to build? and what map are you working on?

I'm building a MASSIVE island out at sea for AI to defend a large cache of goodies :) I have the walls up but the floors are driving my utterly nuts!

the size..... well you could put Cherno city in it! (and I'm not kidding!)

wish you could actually make your own items as I would make a giant floor lol

I'm building a MASSIVE island out at sea for AI to defend a large cache of goodies :) I have the walls up but the floors are driving my utterly nuts!

the size..... well you could put Cherno city in it! (and I'm not kidding!)

wish you could actually make your own items as I would make a giant floor lol

Well, are you using only items from the editor to build this island? Because we were trying to do the same in chernarus map, but we had some problem with the AI not interacting very well with the objects, so they were spawning on the water.. or falling down later.

About the vectorup.. On the place i built, i didn't added the line in all of them, because it wasn't working.. only on the big objects

Btw, if you are using some epoch buildings in the 3d editor, you don't need to use the vectorup, it will stay flat by default.

im thinking I might need to move this place in land, but there is no way of getting the buildings to stay up in the editor so its nearly impossible to build a giant wall on Cherno as its hills everywhere :/ wish they would just put some way of either flattening the land, or put in a flat location, one at the top and one at the left for this exact reason!