Exploiting Modular Bases

ToejaM

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen this file:

server_antiWall.sqf

Thanks for listening.

I don't see server_antiWall.sqf being called anywhere, it looks like it may be unfinished and unused. I am currently able to get on the other side of walls when parking a vehicle next to it on a vanilla test server I set up. Any update on when this fix will be implemented?

Yeah I noticed that to - was a premature thanks for it, I assumed it was being called.

We have such an issue with this, random new people joining the server.. glitching into bases and ruining all peoples work. Causing me to have to dig into database backups, spawn myself in on positions of players that look close and see who it is. Another way is tracking the items they take, specifically high value/rare items works pretty well, I don't want to detail how in public as these glitchers will stop doing it but we desperately need an anti wall system!

Yeah I noticed that to - was a premature thanks for it, I assumed it was being called.

We have such an issue with this, random new people joining the server.. glitching into bases and ruining all peoples work. Causing me to have to dig into database backups, spawn myself in on positions of players that look close and see who it is. Another way is tracking the items they take, specifically high value/rare items works pretty well, I don't want to detail how in public as these glitchers will stop doing it but we desperately need an anti wall system!

It is not hard to actually create your own anti-wall system.

Exec a vm on each player client-side, and have it detect when the player gets out of the vehicle, then have it figure out where the car is in relation to the wall, and place the player on another side that is not near a wall.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Event_Handlers#GetOut

This could be done in a lot of ways.

I assume you would only want to apply this to land vehicles, as boats and aircrafts will not get up that close to a base....

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...