server upgrade question

robbiedarza

Question

Hello there, I am currently running a server with day.st and whenever we get above about 28 players the server starts to lag out, does anyone know  if dayz.st have a facility to upgrade the memory or whatever..or know of a hosting company that will allow me to upgrade to high spec plz?

We are in the process of setting up a donation system so money shouldn't be a problem, we just want the best performance possible

many thanks

robbie

hi, sorry to bother you again, i'm on step 42 of the 71 steps, the heidysql part....

so ive got to step 42 and when i type in everything into heidysql    http://imgur.com/1DYHa0V     I get this.

Ive been chipping away at this all day and my eyes are killing me now so I'm going to bed for a couple of hours!!!

cheers , Robbie

morning time now, i tried removing the password from the database and it works now, guess ill just leave it withoutr a password for now.

rob

On the servers database (depending on what you installed) you would need to set that users privileges to "ALL" as that will allow you to do what you need to, not really a good idea to have the db without a password as the hackers will f**k your server right up!

Pry

Ok thanks ill sort that asap...I have another problem, when I start the server it pops up with windows cannot find expansion/beta/arma2oaserver.exe     http://imgur.com/wha1Fyn

many thanks

Robbie

When i installed the beta through dayz commander it said wrong cd key!!, so i installed the one on steam (the one that said obselete) copied that beta folder into the epoch server one and it worked and now it comes up with this error   http://imgur.com/xjJKsWG

EDIT: its ok i found the extra line in the cfg file, im working on ' BattlEye initialization failed ' next!!

cheers

robbie

Hi, when I start the server I get  server creation failed......18:14:44 Dedicated host created.
18:14:45 BattlEye initialization failed

any help would be ace plz

cheers

robbie

(if I get all this working ill make a video tutorial)

Also, you have run Arma 2 / ARMA 2 OA without running them as a server first? Then copied the addons folder in A2 into Expansion\addons in A2 OA yes?

You don't / won't need to go into the actual game (will give you an error about no gfx card etc) just click ok to that as it will inject your key into the registry.

Also this process installs BE... as it sounds like you don;t have BE installed yet. Also make sure you define the correct path to the BattlEye folder in your start-up

Pry

Ok, thanks dude,

Do you mean copy contents of    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2\AddOns    folder into   C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Dayz Epoch Server\Expansion\Addons  and overwrite anything in there?

This is my battle eye folder http://i.imgur.com/KaNscHY.png

Also, where would I find my 'start-up' to check the correct path to the BattlEye folder please.

Many thanks for all your help on this.

Cheers

Robbie

Also, would it be possible for an admin of this website to rename the title of this post to something like, 'dedicated server setup help' or something like that please.

Hopefully some other people could get some help from this.

Cheers

Robbie

You can rename the topic yourself by clicking "More Reply Options" on the button next to Post. 

You need to copy the Addons folder from the Arma 2 directory in to the Arma 2 OA directory. You should be safe to override any files as well. OA does not come with Chernarus, that is why you need to transer over the files.

Arma 2 has Chernarus, OA does not have Chernarus and CO has the Chernarus map. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2\AddOns

So the content of the folder above should be moved to the folder mentioned below.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\AddOns

Oki doki thanks for that dude.

Ive done all that stuff now and it still says 'BattlEye initialization failed'.

If I double click the 'arma2oaserver.exe'  instaed of the 'DayZ_Epoch_instance_11_Chernarus.bat' file it doesnt get the error, it comes up with     9:41:47 Dedicated host created.
 9:41:48 Host identity created.    http://imgur.com/7z2SVF5

does that mean its working, I cant see it in dayz commander .

cheers, robbie

You need to launch the game once on the server in order for it to install battleye and all that stuff. After that you should move the dayz epoch bat file that you mentioned to the root folder of the server and start it from there. Or attempt to start it from its current folder. You cannot start the server by simply uusing the arma2oaserver.exe file. The one that you need to use in that case would be located under Expansions\beta\arma2oaserver.exe.

ok thanks,

The .bat file is already in the root of the epoch server (it tells me to put it there on step 28 of the installation) all it has inside is :

@echo off
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 "-config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_11_Chernarus" -name=instance_11_Chernarus "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;"

I cant see anything about battle eye in there.

Hi, Just wondering if you could take a look at this error plz, I have the server showing up in dayz commander now, just getting this when I try to connect   http://i.imgur.com/FBPeWpB.jpg

I put a post in the main install help forum too.

Cheers

robbie

EDIT: misread the error. You can find keys inside Epoch server RAR file or on github

Hiya, thanks for the reply.

Ive sorted that part now im stuck something else!!

When I try to connect to my server, it just crashes     http://i.imgur.com/o2mVHk3.png

thanks dude

robbie

my other post on this issue is ... if you wanna take a look :)

Greetings,

I noticed RscDisplayLoadCustom not found error message in your screenshot. I wonder if this would help you?