Really need help with 1.63 updating beta patch

HellWalker

Question

Hey guys.. My question must sound very very dumb (which may be the case) but i'm trying hard as hell to update my server to the 1.63 version of beta patch and i just can't do that!

It's a private server hosted in my own computer. I already tried to uninstall and install the arma2 and arma2 OA again, tried to do that using commander, manually install by downloading latest patch from this website: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php I was looking in a lot of foruns, dayzgame, bistudio, here, and i just can't find a solution.

A lot of my players are playing with 1.63 and my server is being empty.

Can anyone help me? I just don't know what else i can do to update it.

thanks!

12 answers to this question

Firstly, if your arma 2 is a fresh install, don't forget to run the program before you try to update it.  And run the program again after you update it.  Are you trying to update to 112555?  If so, do it with Dayz Commander.  After you have updated, and it says the right version on dayz commander, run the program like it's a fresh install.  Then copy your Arma 2 and OA folders into your server folder and overwrite the old stuff.  That should update your server.

Also, I made a that can help you change patch versions.

Firstly, if your arma 2 is a fresh install, don't forget to run the program before you try to update it.  And run the program again after you update it.  Are you trying to update to 112555?  If so, do so with Dayz Commander.  After you have updated and it says so on dayz commander run the program like it's a fresh install like I said before.  Then copy your Arma 2 and OA folders into your server folder and overwrite the old stuff.  That should update your server.

Also, I made a that can help you change patch versions.

Well that is the problem.. I've made basically what you said, installed a fresh version of the game, run the program (both arma2 and OA2) then i updated with commander. It says it's up to date with 112555 but when i run the server, it keeps with 1.62 and no one can connect to my server... Here are the prints: 

http://prntscr.com/3uvj4o

http://prntscr.com/3uvjl8

Also, what i did different from what you said is the part to copy the content from arma2 and arma2OA to the server folder. I did the opposite, i copied the content of the server into the arma2OA folder, but the server is running (in the old versions, of course, 1.62 103718). 

Do you have version 1.63.112555 on your computer?

Normally you just need to copy/upload the new arma2oa.exe to your server. Make sure you get the right one, as it can be in the main root directory or expansion/beta directory.

(Should tell you on the bottom right of the screen what version you just opened)

Do you have version 1.63.112555 on your computer?

Normally you just need to copy/upload the new arma2oa.exe to your server. Make sure you get the right one, as it can be in the main root directory or expansion/beta directory.

(Should tell you on the bottom right of the screen what version you just opened)

Will try to do it.

I have 2 computers. 1 to play and other with only the server. The one i use to play is with 1.63.112555

I'm trying to copy from my computer to the server computer.

Will try to do it.

I have 2 computers. 1 to play and other with only the server. The one i use to play is with 1.63.112555

I'm trying to copy from my computer to the server computer.

Yea I use a separate folder for my server and I'm pretty sure all I had to do to update it was copy the Arma2OA\Expansion\beta\ folder being that they are both on the same rig.

It sounds to me like maybe a problem with the registry.  If possible run arma 2 OA on the server computer and see if it comes up in the bottom saying 112555

Yea I use a separate folder for my server and I'm pretty sure all I had to do to update it was copy the Arma2OA\Expansion\beta\ folder being that they are both on the same rig.

It sounds to me like maybe a problem with the registry.  If possible run arma 2 OA on the server computer and see if it comes up in the bottom saying 112555

Still nothing.. Tried to copy the files from my computer to the server. ohh... =/

Well.... I have nooooooooooooooo idea what i did, except for the same thing i was doing before.. but now, finally, is working!!!!

Oh.. thanks for the support guys! =D \o/

Edit.: Just to say what i did, so maybe someone may be with the same problem.

1- Reinstalled the Arma2

2- Reinstalled Arma2 OA

3- Run both (Arma2 and Arma2OA)

4- Run DayZCommander and install patch 112555

5- Run both games

6- Copy the files from Expansion\beta to the same folder as the server is

7- Change the config.cfg so it has the 112555 in the server name and also in the requeried version

8- Run the server

=D

Just remember that with this version, server cleanup doesn't work properly, so you'll need to restart your server more often and sometimes purchased vehicles don't spawn. Have fun! I'm still on the older version until Epoch 1.0.5 comes out and we move beyond Arma 2 112555.

We were keeping the old version, but a lot of players were getting out of our server, so we decided to update it.