required to move the server on 112555 or no?

nikas455

Question

13 answers to this question

It is up to everyone to decide for themselves. 

There are pro's and con's to the move. right now the community seem split between staying on 103718 where we know how things work, or move to 112555, where some changes are nice, but breaks functionality it seems for some things. 

Advice can be given for both, but you as server admin needs to decide if you want to go for the upgraded crowd or not. 

I agree with cen, I don't recommend it.  If you do, you will need to add -nologs to your start-up parameters, or else your RPT will be exponentially bigger.   Or spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to fix all the little things that come with 'updating'.

112555 does seem to conflict with a few scripts as well. I myself encountered issues with custom loot, and unfortunately was not willing to fix it, was easier to revert back to 103718. If you willing to modify stuff then update if you wish, but given the fact your asking if the update is required, I'm assuming you're not overly familiar with the scripting for the game.

well from what alot host say. 1.0.5 will be majorly bugged dur to beta. but gamespy is geting shutoff hence why the beta exist if im right so wouldent that mean older patches wont work as they req to run off gamespy? meaning...alot mods are screwed if they cant find a fix to work on beta flawlessly when its off.

well from what alot host say. 1.0.5 will be majorly bugged dur to beta. but gamespy is geting shutoff hence why the beta exist if im right so wouldent that mean older patches wont work as they req to run off gamespy? meaning...alot mods are screwed if they cant find a fix to work on beta flawlessly when its off.

I'm honestly not keeping up with all the info, but I believe from what I've read that there will be a new patch when 1.0.5.x comes out, making 112555 pointless. When the time comes we're forced to update, then so be it, but for now I personally see no point in it.

Problem is that players will update in dayz commander just like so because they see there is an update available... Now if your server is not up to date, how Arma works is it is literally almost impossible (without using an older .exe) to revert to 1.62 after you have updated your game. We run quite popular servers and it is just impossible to keep your players staying on 1.62...

But ye i agree the problems suck >.<

My server came with 112555 on it and I couldent work out how to downgrade, so now all my players have updated :/ I take it that this is a problem to revert back?

One major problem with 112555 is that the server cleanup is bugged. Your server's performance could really take a hit because loot and zeds aren't despawning like they are supposed to.

I run alot of scripts and i was stupid to update. After the update the rpt log file was about 28MB big after 4h server uptime. Server was extem laggy because 1 get tons of errors with variables. I roll back to 103718 and a backup of database mission.pbo, server.pbo and dayz_code.pbo. All works fine now. I dont would update again. (never change a winning system) :)

I run alot of scripts and i was stupid to update. After the update the rpt log file was about 28MB big after 4h server uptime. Server was extem laggy because 1 get tons of errors with variables. I roll back to 103718 and a backup of database mission.pbo, server.pbo and dayz_code.pbo. All works fine now. I dont would update again. (never change a winning system) :)

When Epoch 1.0.5 is released, they are supposed to move to a newer Arma 2 version, so you shouldn't have to worry after that. I just want the update to come out so everyone will be on the same Arma 2 version again!