Can't figure out fishing in Epoch

zombieland78

Question

I have seen videos where the dude just wades into the ocean a little and starts casting the pole.

When I right click on the pole, the option to cast is there but when I do so it just says "fishing cancelled".

Anything I'm doing wrong? Or maybe the server I'm on doesn't support it?

9 answers to this question

Cool. I did it :)

You're right Sequisha, if you swipe the rod while it's 'armed' then you go into combat mode and can't fish. It neglects to tell you you're in combat mode though and instead just says 'cancelled'. So you go on a pier, right click on the fishing rod and choose the cast option. It will say "nibble nibble..." and you have something like a 1/4 chance of catching a fish :)

Very awesome. 

Cool. I did it :)

You're right Sequisha, if you swipe the rod while it's 'armed' then you go into combat mode and can't fish. It neglects to tell you you're in combat mode though and instead just says 'cancelled'. So you go on a pier, right click on the fishing rod and choose the cast option. It will say "nibble nibble..." and you have something like a 1/4 chance of catching a fish :)

Very awesome.

you catch much more in a boat. Same concept... need fishing pole in hand then right click in inventory. Just make sure the pole is in your hands before boarding vessel.... and ahoy matey!

It's almost more relaxing than real fishing since there's 0% chance of tipping over :)

You catch more fish in general on a boat. Not sure about tuna but since you catch more you probably catch more tuna than on a pier. I too would like to know if certain depths or even certain locations are better for catching tuna.

One great thing about tuna is if it's cooked and eaten you gain 5000 blood. It's a great alternative to bloodbags, and it doesn't make you sick even if eaten raw (which provides 2500 blood... eaten raw!). I wouldn't sell them for 1 gold. They're like an emergency meal plus bloobag all in one stinky package.

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fishing