Buying unlocked vehicles

Kind-Sir

Heya Epoch team!

I was rummaging through some of the trader code when I figured why not put an option for buying a vehicle without a key. It may be fitting to have a small increase when buying a key with a vehicle, maybe 1 10oz silver...?

On another note involving traders, would it be beneficial on having multiple metals defined on a single item? For instance, let's say you want to buy a jerry can for 4 silver and 2 10oz copper (just as an example, not to be taken literally). What are your views (both the developer's and the player's if they read this thread) on this suggestion?

Cheers!

Kind

Why would you need to buy a vehicle without a key? 

For me its because I need one just to shoot across the map and then abandon the ride, but I just leave the key in the gear.

I run a community base, it's been my habit in DayZ ever since it hit June of 2012 when the waves of people started populating. It feels better knowing that the vehicles given to players from the community base are provided without a key. I dislike spawning vehicles, and I do not have the time to hunt down specific vehicles around the map to bring them back to the base. It just seems like a feature that may or may not fit, it's up for discussion. That's why this board is here, is it not?

Makes sense.  Could have a "used car" menu that just spawns a vehicle without a key.  I cant imagine that would be hard to implement, I would just make it a different trader altogether and maybe randomize the available selection after each restart.

Makes sense.  Could have a "used car" menu that just spawns a vehicle without a key.  I cant imagine that would be hard to implement, I would just make it a different trader altogether and maybe randomize the available selection after each restart.

When I first saw the "Used Cars" in the trader menu, that's what I assumed it would be.

That would be a nicer addition overall than having to buy vehicles from other categories unlocked.

Not sure if its possiable but what about having all cars that are sold put in a new table in the db, store the conditonn they was in when sold and if thy have a key or not and call them used cars. Then when you buy them the price represents the condituon of the car etc.

Not sure if its possiable but what about having all cars that are sold put in a new table in the db, store the conditonn they was in when sold and if thy have a key or not and call them used cars. Then when you buy them the price represents the condituon of the car etc.

Maybe just throw them into the "used cars" table? Or maybe have a row in the database for that car linked to both used cars and their respective category? The used car will be cheaper, but it will come with maybe 1/4th of a fuel tank, and most parts will be damaged on the car.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen people leave their keys in their vehicles when logging out, maybe they think it is safe there. I steal them and put the key in my safe and write down the ID of the key and what vehicle it goes for. Then the guy logs on and calls me a hacker since im flying over he's base with he's helicopter. Keys should be changed a bit, so should the gear. If you lock the car, you lock the gear. And a used car dealer would be nice, sell cars cheaper, but they can come slightly damaged and not fully refueled but should always work.