Safe needs Plotpole + No Keycode?

theDude

Question

Hey guys,

thanks for the update first of all. Brings some very nice, new features.

However I don't know if some new stuff is actually intended or if its a bug.

One thing would be, that you actually need a Plot Pole now if you want to place a safe. As far as I read from the Changelog, you should actually be able to build and place stuff without a plot plote, like in the previous version.

Also, which bugs me alot more tbh, you don't get a safe combination when you place a safe. I still get the "Enter Combo" or "Unlock Safe" menu, but my buddy who placed the safe didnt get a code. He can just unlock it as he pleases. Imo this can't be really intended, since the Safes worked perfectly fine in 1.0.1.5. You could have a shared storage with your mates and did not need to be online when they needed something. Encourages hand-in-hand playing alot more if you ask me.

Thats basically all that we found so far. 

Oh, and i noticed alot of "AddWeaponCargo" kicks lately, especially when you are in a loot spawning area like the North Airfield. Happened to me like 3 times in a row ( and new loot actually spawned then ) but still. It's a little weird to get kicked for spawning loot.

Regards

theDude

11 answers to this question

The safes allow the owner to be able to open/lock them for that lifetime (characterID). This is a feature meant to help the easy of owners who constantly have to lock their safes.

Not too sure about the id code via hint not popping up.

As for the AddWeaponCargo kicks, you should check out your instance_##.map/Battleye/AddWeaponCargo.log file and make the adjustments in the same folder of AddWeaponCargo.txt, where the numbers go from 1=warning via logs, 5=kick on instance.

If you don't want that item to kick someone, just comment out that line using a double forward-slash at the beginning of the line: //

You can build now without a plot pole, as they are now only used to prevent others from building within your zone and to increase deconstruction times. Safes when placed will give you a 4 digit combination that you will need to write down or remember. If you get "Enter Combo" then maybe your files are not up to date as your option should be "Re-Enter Combination" with 1.0.2. If you have customized your  server some custom changes maybe overriding what the mod has changed and maybe breaking features.

As stated if your running epoch vanilla it has been tested and does work as shown in my video here http://youtu.be/NRboN7x72mE

so whatever server you were on has other mods or settings messing things up from working.  You do not need a plot pole period..  Not unless, as stated in the video and above by awol, you want to keep someone else from building around you and to increase the difficulty at which your stuff can be deconstructed/damaged.....

so then tell me why i couldnt build without a pole... there was no other pole around to prevent me from building...

If you use an anti-hack, it seems to have a problem with the DayZ Epoch update.

After disabling it due to other issues, the issue noted in above posts seemed to go away.

Ever think about making the patches to work WITH the known scripts that players use, rather than forcing the server owners to turn off the scripts that players want? 

Can't Place a safe (no code given) Cant place a tent (says it places but vanishes) Cant drive 500m without being ported back (only effecting certain players) STILL cant fill trucks with more than 150 items and raw meat and DMR make them vanish. 

We have BB.1.2 merged with Epoch.. Working perfectly until this patch, and now, rather than keep the merge, to make the game playable to players we have to do what is in my opinion "break" a working system.

Epoch is by far the best MOD for DayZ... But as I look at the code, it almost appears like each patch is coded more and more to force other scripts to be broken/blocked/removed, along with any anti hack tools that a server uses.  Forcing out other scripts is a non-issue if the MOD makes provisions, but to tell the server owners "well you need to unmod your server and turn off your anti-hacks" is just asking for more problems.  

The idea of taking out the need of a plot pole to build is not a very solid idea IMHO.. You will have players who join a server for a single weekend start building and leave their mess behind on the server when they do not return.  Tho as It stands now, My server is modded so we need plot poles to place anything and all storage venues are broken once placed.  I am left with 3 options.. Make a deeper merge than should be needed to make this work, or Kill the actual Base building script that players are asking for, or kill the Epoch Building, which has so many features that I personally prefer.  It's early in the new update to I'm not nearly as bothered about any of it as this message seems.. I am merely voiceing the concerns of the players at this point.  That is why we do all  of this.. for the players.

Once the holiday has passed, if no fix has been made, then we will start working on our own fixes. We run 2 Epoch servers and a server just for testing so its not all that bad and well worth the effort to be able to keep playing the Epoch mod over any of the others. 

I agree with some of this.

Base build 1.2, like it or not, is helping Epoch grow. Why do I say this? - Due to the amount of players than connect to our server and ASK if we have it, and stick around because we do.

I know the epoch team disagree with permanent bases (been over that with you guys, I know!), however most PLAYERS honestly do prefer it! 

This is the SOLE reason we worked so hard to get bb 1,2 to work for us - not because I have an attachment to it (should have said attachto _this!), but because we LOST players when we didn't have it, and gained many more once we put it back.

Epoch guys, I know you don't agree with perma-bases, I get that, but is there no way to integrate bb 1.2 as an optional extra with a toggle in the init file? It really would make Epoch even more popular :D

Ever think about making the patches to work WITH the known scripts that players use, rather than forcing the server owners to turn off the scripts that players want? 

Can't Place a safe (no code given) Cant place a tent (says it places but vanishes) Cant drive 500m without being ported back (only effecting certain players) STILL cant fill trucks with more than 150 items and raw meat and DMR make them vanish. 

We have BB.1.2 merged with Epoch.. Working perfectly until this patch, and now, rather than keep the merge, to make the game playable to players we have to do what is in my opinion "break" a working system.

Epoch is by far the best MOD for DayZ... But as I look at the code, it almost appears like each patch is coded more and more to force other scripts to be broken/blocked/removed, along with any anti hack tools that a server uses.  Forcing out other scripts is a non-issue if the MOD makes provisions, but to tell the server owners "well you need to unmod your server and turn off your anti-hacks" is just asking for more problems.  

The idea of taking out the need of a plot pole to build is not a very solid idea IMHO.. You will have players who join a server for a single weekend start building and leave their mess behind on the server when they do not return.  Tho as It stands now, My server is modded so we need plot poles to place anything and all storage venues are broken once placed.  I am left with 3 options.. Make a deeper merge than should be needed to make this work, or Kill the actual Base building script that players are asking for, or kill the Epoch Building, which has so many features that I personally prefer.  It's early in the new update to I'm not nearly as bothered about any of it as this message seems.. I am merely voiceing the concerns of the players at this point.  That is why we do all  of this.. for the players.

Once the holiday has passed, if no fix has been made, then we will start working on our own fixes. We run 2 Epoch servers and a server just for testing so its not all that bad and well worth the effort to be able to keep playing the Epoch mod over any of the others. 

Epoch guys, I know you don't agree with perma-bases, I get that, but is there no way to integrate bb 1.2 as an optional extra with a toggle in the init file? It really would make Epoch even more popular :D

The unfortunate premise of this is that Base Building 1.2 is third-party, and they will have to get the mod author's permissions to incorporate this into DayZ Epoch, which I doubt this would happen.

Being that DayZ Epoch is still a rather new mod (closing in on 5 months since the forum has been up), there is still a lot to be expanded upon.

Seeing how the community gets a lot of feedback and frequent updates, I applaud the developers for their continuous work.

It is NOT the developer's duty to make sure that third party code (anti-hacks, base building, etc etc etc etc etc etc .... you get the idea) works with the DayZ Epoch code. If you want those features in YOUR own server, YOU have to make it work.

The unfortunate premise of this is that Base Building 1.2 is third-party, and they will have to get the mod author's permissions to incorporate this into DayZ Epoch, which I doubt this would happen.

Being that DayZ Epoch is still a rather new mod (closing in on 5 months since the forum has been up), there is still a lot to be expanded upon.

Seeing how the community gets a lot of feedback and frequent updates, I applaud the developers for their continuous work.

It is NOT the developer's duty to make sure that third party code (anti-hacks, base building, etc etc etc etc etc etc .... you get the idea) works with the DayZ Epoch code. If you want those features in YOUR own server, YOU have to make it work.

True, however if Daimyo was approached and since the majority of the base building mod looks to be designed around Epoch I am sure he would agree. If he was credited. For the most part he has been too busy to keep updating base building and the code is essentially open source and has already been modified. It is not that his mod is perfect but it offers a far superior placement and UI than the Epoch system plus with far more buildables. 

The modular system looks great, very similar to a couple of other mods out there for Arma but the mat requires are colossal and I'm betting one satchel charge would take it down a reasonable sized unit. 

It is not their duty, very correct. However, the majority of the servers, right now as of 1832, that are busy including the top two at capacity (MGT and CPC) are all heavily modified. They are not such modified just because the server host wants them that way but because the Epoch community wants it that way. It also worth noting that while it is a great mod with a lot of hard work put in by a small team, Epoch is out there because people are paying to host their content. 

The worry being that if development of Epoch precludes the use of said addons, and the Epoch devs don't take notice then people will simply look for another mod to host. Or, shudder, go to Origins where there server fees are going into the devs pocket.There may as well be over 1000 servers now but most of them are either empty or offline.

Hey :)

re: " If you want those features in YOUR own server, YOU have to make it work."

Oh, I completely agree, and I'm happy to do that - my only come-back to the statement above is that I base my comments not on what I WANT - the vast majority of people that play epoch want bb 1.2 (or more accurately non-destructible bases). So my main point is that if the majority of people in the epoch community want this, it isn't just the "I" want it - far from it in fact - as I explained above, the only reason I use bb 1.2 is that players request it, and want it.

That's why on the whole the most popular epoch servers are the ones running bb 1.2

I Just thought it would be good for that feedback to be taken on board is all, surely it makes sense that if the majority of feedback from people that use Epoch all says the same thing, it should at least be considered? :)

No worries though, I know the Epoch devs have got their own plans for Epoch's base building, and I must admit, I LOVE the way they've gone with much of it lately! It's really just the destructible issue that nags at me... and only then because it is what nags at the players, and Epoch community as a whole.

I don't mind of course, I'm happy to play at modding my own server, I just felt that I agree with the guy I replied to, because the Epoch community really does seem to want indestructible bases - not because it's just me that wants them :)

To re-iterate that I'm not talking about my personal preference, rather about that of the Epoch of the community, see what the poll results on this very forum revealed:

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/579-feedback-vote-base-building-12-as-part-of-epoch/?hl=%2Bbase+%2Bbuilding+%2Bvote

80%...

I get it tho, the Epoch guys are doing a great job with Epoch base building, but I strongly suspect that if Epoch had a toggle option in the init.sqf to set bases to be indestructible, the vote would be very different, probably 80% against, instead of 80% for!

I do update my server and will most likely merge the 2 systems deeper now that I already have a working code. 

My point is pretty simple.. THE PLAYERS.. who we all serve want what they want.. We can be jerks and say oh well too bad you base goes poof after X days cause we dont feel like coding it otherwise.. or say no I'm sorry there are hackers killing you because we have no tools other than the broken and near useless battleye.. or any number of things...

OR.. we can work with everyone and reach a viable compromise... Epoch may be a young mod, but it is leaps and bounds better than the others.. I realize that its a bit tooo easy at least for me.. so I up the zed counts.. and static and dynamic AI.. blah blah blah.. BUT once you get into the NEED to make money and build something that lasts (not vanishes if you die) you begin to get recurrent players.. and your server grows.. After I merged the 2 systems our server pop doubled from 20 to 40.. atm HOWEVER we wont hold that population because the new update failed to co-exsist with the merge and I've been waiting on the Epoch hotfixes before I make my choice on our server direction.

Both sides have very valid points.. I like the way the Epoch build system is going.. But the players are a pain in the ass lol..   

One thing that is actually wrong now that all the non-sense is over.. Everything that is built or placed or parked is seriously shifting.. including things that have been fixed long before the update..  Is this issue on anyone eleses server?