Donn Chocolat Tools

Chocolat Tools is a Self Action Option that you can turn on/off any moment.

Chocolat Tools Off: Game plays as normal.
Chocolat Tools On:

1) Land vehicles *1000 m arround player have a chance of *50% to be show on map:
- Turn on/off Chocolat Tools don't change the land vehicles that are show and not show.
- New land vehicles have also a *50% chance to be show on map.
- If the player enters a land vehicle that is not show on map, the land vehicle will be show on map.
- Diferent players can see diferent land vehicles.

Extras:
2) Player icon on map:
- Player position and direction is show on map.
- If player enters in a land vehicles, the player icon turns in a blue land vehicle icon.

3) Player step marks:
- With chocolat on, player steps are marked on map on a *250 m evolution.
- Steps are marked with a arrow pointing in the direction of travel.
- A message show on screen the total travel distance each *5 km.
- Running on the same place does not generate steps on map.
* configurable.

INSTALLATION! Chocolat consists in only two files:
File 1) code that goes on fn_selfActions.sqf
The Self Action code: place this code on the bottom of your custom fn_selfActions.sqf file.
//CHOCOLAT TOOLS SELF ACTION VARIABLES
if (isNil "s_don_nearveh_a" || isNil "s_don_nearveh_b" || isNil "s_don_nearveh_onoff") then {
    s_don_nearveh_a = -1;
    s_don_nearveh_b = -1;
    s_don_nearveh_onoff = 0;
};
//CHOCOLAT TOOLS ON
if (s_don_nearveh_a < 0 && s_don_nearveh_onoff == 0) then {
    s_don_nearveh_a = player addaction[("<t color=""#0044aa"">" + ("Turn On Chocolat Tools [ON]") +"</t>"),"custom\nearveh.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
};
//CHOCOLAT TOOLS OFF
if (s_don_nearveh_b < 0 && s_don_nearveh_onoff == 1) then {
    s_don_nearveh_b = player addaction[("<t color=""#0044aa"">" + ("Turn Off Chocolat Tools [OFF]") +"</t>"),"custom\nearveh.sqf","",5,false,true,"", ""];
};
File 2) nearveh.sqf
The Chocolat Script code (nearveh.sqf): put the file, on the link bellow, in YourMissionFolder\custom\nearveh.sqf. Create \custom\ if necessary.

End - Any problem, opnion, idea, fell fre to ask or comment. The code is comented.

Old Stuff:
nearveh.sqf old files - you don't need this anymore:

The main goal is to show vehicles in map, but not show then all. So it will show only a x percentage of it, in a r radius from player. This percentage and radius can be set by the server admin.

Other simple features, that make me call it Tools (along with others i could inplement later, or players can ask for), are:

- See player on map.

- Player Steps: You can see your evolution along the map, like the "line over map" in movies. If you turn off/on the Tool, the steps are reseted.

By the way, i'm missing the real sense of it until i get servers using it. As a matter of fact, i can always help others on their scripts other than doing my ones.

Can you please explain it better?

Local markers of course mean that the local player can view the local markers set on them.

Hackers like to keep things local as setting an ESP that everyone on the server can see makes it obvious that there is a player hacking.

For this reason, most anti-hacks attempt to prevent local markers.

Showing a percentage of new vehicles marked on the map to everyone might be a better idea, if some antihacks do interfere.

• 5 months later...