Wouldn't tasers be great for Heros?

Direct99

I'm all up for taking out bandits, but as I discovered a couple weeks ago you don't always know who's a bandit, and trust me if you don't know a survivor is a bandit it could be life or death. Anyway I found screaming out "FRIENDLY FRIENDLY!! Drop the AK" Is generally not a bullet proof plan and often gives away your position. But if I had a taser it could all change!

Obviously we don't want random survivors or bandits getting their hands on this, so I suggest it should only be available via Hero traders. Sure a couple survivors may get their hands on a taser, but we can combat this with special 5v batteries which can only be purchased at the hero trader, used once and take up two magazine slots. This is only what I believe should be added into the game.

What's your opinion?

Intersting idea.

5m range.  2x battery to use (giving the two slot suggestion above), hit = knockout for xx minutes.

Of course requirements would include an appropriate 3D model, inventory icon and associated background configs.  Probably a fiar bit of work to get this in the game.

Intersting idea.

5m range.  2x battery to use (giving the two slot suggestion above), hit = knockout for xx minutes.

Of course requirements would include an appropriate 3D model, inventory icon and associated background configs.  Probably a fiar bit of work to get this in the game.

Thanks for your reply man! Glad to see someone knows what I'm getting at :)

x-26 taser is already in DayZ mods so modeling is done.

Bandits can just harvest these by paying off other players. It wont be a Hero only item.

Thanks for your feed back!

Their is only one (could be more, just haven't heard about them) mod I know of that have has tasers implemented.

The reason why I suggest heroes only, as it will promote less fire fights, seeing as you can just tase the guy, and disarm him. By sure this isn't the nicest way to do it, but I think Heros should finally have something to help them in their mission to help the bambis of Cherno, any way this may prompt more Heros, meaning more good deeds and more team work and hopefully less bandits.

Also, even if a hero did give some bandits a taser and batteries, it wouldn't last long seeing as one batterie takes up two slots, and having poor aim (generally bandits do), and the bandits wouldn't be stupid to pay such a high amounts (remember this is a Hero buying for a high price then selling them to a bandit, and I'll bet that he/she ain't gonna sell them cheap) for something they would barely enjoy.

Overwatch has the taser already.

Seeing as Overwatch do have a tasers in game, I would hope Epoch would take a look around and see that implementing a taser in their own way, could be beneficial for the Hero community.

Also thanks for the feed back! - I prefer Epoch btw, nicer community in my opinion