Help with specific Variables on debug monitor please..

DangerRuss

Question

So Im helping a buddy run an epoch server, and I finally got a toggle able debug monitor working using the playerstats.sqf... However the format I use for my debug monitor on vanilla dayz wasn't working properly, so I changed it based off of an example I saw.  But Im looking to add 2 things to the debug monitor that aren't there currently... one = fps, and 2 = how many vehicles are on the server.  Looking at my old debug monitor, the way it is written is completely different and so it doesn't really provide me with any clues... Thanks for taking a look

//Let Zeds know
[player,4,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;

//display gui (temp hint)

hintSilent parseText format ["
	<t size='1.4' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#660000'>W.I.C.K.E.D.</t><br/>
	<t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#DDDDDD'>%7 Players Online</t><br/><br/>
	<t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' color='#5882FA'>%1</t><br/><br/>
	<t size='1.20' font='Bitstream' color='#5882FA'>Survived %5 Days</t><br/><br/>
	<t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#FF9900'>Murders: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#FF9900'>%2</t><br/>
	<t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#666666'>Bandits Killed: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#666666'>%3</t><br/>
	<t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#0066FF'>Humanity: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#0066FF'>%4</t><br/>
	<t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#CC0000'>Blood: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#CC0000'>%6</t><br/><br/>
	<t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#16DB57'>Restart in %8 minutes</t><br/><br/>
	<t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#DDDDDD'>http://dayzwicked.enjin.com</t><br/>
	<t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#DDDDDD'>ts30.gameservers.com:9305</t><br/>",
	(name player),
	(player getVariable['humanKills', 0]),
	(player getVariable['banditKills', 0]),
	(player getVariable['humanity', 0]),
	(dayz_Survived),
	(r_player_blood),
	(count playableUnits),
	(238-(round(serverTime/60)))
];

7 answers to this question

So Im helping a buddy run an epoch server, and I finally got a toggle able debug monitor working using the playerstats.sqf... However the format I use for my debug monitor on vanilla dayz wasn't working properly, so I changed it based off of an example I saw.  But Im looking to add 2 things to the debug monitor that aren't there currently... one = fps, and 2 = how many vehicles are on the server.  Looking at my old debug monitor, the way it is written is completely different and so it doesn't really provide me with any clues... Thanks for taking a look

<snip>

Hello there,

I have a toggleable debug monitor which you can take & customize.

However I've found a small issue with it - trying to resolve now. If interested subscribe to and you can have the fixed version when I have it.

(round diag_fps) = FPS

(count (allMissionObjects "AllVehicles"))  = Vehicles

it would look something like this (untested):

//Let Zeds know
[player,4,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;

//display gui (temp hint)

hintSilent parseText format ["
    <t size='1.4' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#660000'>W.I.C.K.E.D.</t><br/>
    <t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#DDDDDD'>%7 Players Online</t><br/><br/>
    <t size='1.25' font='Bitstream' color='#5882FA'>%1</t><br/><br/>
    <t size='1.20' font='Bitstream' color='#5882FA'>Survived %5 Days</t><br/><br/>
    <t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#FF9900'>Murders: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#FF9900'>%2</t><br/>
    <t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#666666'>Bandits Killed: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#666666'>%3</t><br/>
    <t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#0066FF'>Humanity: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#0066FF'>%4</t><br/>
    <t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#CC0000'>Blood: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#CC0000'>%6</t><br/><br/><br/>
    <t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#33b5e5'>FPS: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#0099cc'>%9</t><br/><br/>
    <t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#ffbb33'>Vehicles: </t><t size='1.15' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#ff8800'>%10</t><br/><br/>
    <t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#16DB57'>Restart in %8 minutes</t><br/><br/>
    <t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#DDDDDD'>http://dayzwicked.enjin.com</t><br/>
    <t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='center' color='#DDDDDD'>ts30.gameservers.com:9305</t><br/>",
    (name player),
    (player getVariable['humanKills', 0]),
    (player getVariable['banditKills', 0]),
    (player getVariable['humanity', 0]),
    (dayz_Survived),
    (r_player_blood),
    (count playableUnits),
    (238-(round(serverTime/60))),
    (round diag_fps),
    (count (allMissionObjects "AllVehicles"))
];

Hello there,

I have a toggleable debug monitor which you can take & customize.

However I've found a small issue with it - trying to resolve now. If interested subscribe to and you can have the fixed version when I have it.

It turns out there is no "magic" custom_debug_monitor.sqf file to google, download, edit and use.

What one needs to do is modify a couple of files as explained

Doing that way, it worked, immediately, doesn't disable the in-vehicle gear access from driver/pilot seat and no other issues otherwise. The method above is the perfect solution - FYI.

It turns out there is no "magic" custom_debug_monitor.sqf file to google, download, edit and use.

What one needs to do is modify a couple of files as explained

Doing that way, it worked, immediately, doesn't disable the in-vehicle gear access from driver/pilot seat and no other issues otherwise. The method above is the perfect solution - FYI.

Thanks for taking the time but I was well aware of how to use the appropriate files from dayz_code. I was interested in specific variables for the type of debug monitor I was using which was set up differently then one I had previously.

Thanks for taking the time but I was well aware of how to use the appropriate files from dayz_code. I was interested in specific variables for the type of debug monitor I was using which was set up differently then one I had previously.

In case you wanna go back to modifying your own file for some reason:

I can confirm the variable mentioned in post #3 is working fine [   (round diag_fps)  ]

I haven't tried vehicles though.