Best way to place new buildings in EPOCH on Dayz.St servers??

Hey all,

Sorry if this post does not go here, but it seemed like a place I might be able to get a quick answer from the editing Pros.

What is the best way to place buildings with the DayZ.St servers? I have tried adding to the mission.sqm in the mission PBO but that has been a nightmare. I have tried calling a separate buidings.sqf file through the init.sqf but that way just added the buildings to my database which caused some duplication problems. I have watched every video tutorial and read every guide I could find on the internet but most seem to be out of date, even the one in the DayZ.St Wiki is out of date. Please if someone has a server with this hosting company and can shed some light on the proper way to add buildings I would be eternally grateful. Thanks!

calling it in the server functions.sqf in your dayz_server.pbo would be the best way to do it.

but also through the init.sqf nothing will be added to database, all the buildings will be spawned in on every restart

Thats the weird part. When I called it from the Mission PBO in the init.sqf, it added the buildings to the database. I was under the impression it wasn't supposed to do that. I'm going to try calling it from the server functions. Thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.

If you want to send me the files that do not work, i can have a look. You probably made a mistake somewhere ;)

That would be awesome! Thanks! How do I link them? Is pastebin the way to go? Or Drop box i guess. Never had a need to use those services so not sure which is best.

Well i got it to work! F'ing awesome! I'm gonna go building crazy now!! lol.

Two quick questions. Does it save these buildings to the database? I'd rather it not but if so, that's okay too i guess. Second, how many buildings can I add before the server takes an impact? Thanks again for both of your help and replies. i really appreciate it!!!!!!

not read this?

Yes I did.

Ok just tried calling it in the server_functions and it didn't work at all. Followed the Tutorial in this forum. Testing continues....lol

As stated here.

As Peipo was kind enough to point out, I made a mistake, but I got it now :) Celebrate time! I'm going to make some Epic cities and bases and post them here, and of course help where I can for others ;)

• 2 weeks later...

you know you can just place buildings on the map tool like vehicles ??

click on the st map tool place custom vehicle and  type the building name and it spawns there every restart

Yeah, I've done this for players wanting items in there base and makes it easy to remove if they abandon it. The only issue is that you'll have icons on the map tool all over the place and they won't respawn back if destroyed. Well, unless you catch it to set for repair before the SQL cleanup removes objects with damage of 1.

Other than that, it's good for setting up temp objects.

• 2 weeks later...

you know you can just place buildings on the map tool like vehicles ??

click on the st map tool place custom vehicle and  type the building name and it spawns there every restart

If you are hosting a DayZ.St server you will notice they had to disable the map tool becasue it was causing random server restarts. I pointed this out to them 3 months ago to comment out the Insta Actions line and they finally got around to posting it on their twitter. LMAO! So anyawys, no more map tool, which I didnt like anyways. Was sloppy. Plus I was wanting to build epic bases an cities which I am now doing. Got one thats pretty awesome I will post soon :)