Reduce camping/extortion at Stary trader?

justchil

Question

I'm having some problems with players extorting / camping and causing problems around the Stary trader.  I'm curious what you guys have done to combat this problem as I'm sure it's not just me that has it.

Grateful for any tips, tricks, ideas :D

I'm using AGN safezones right now but plan to switch over to meca's very soon.   Thanks :D

7 answers to this question

I had a lot of these problems, untill I stopped thinking of it as a problem and started thinking of it as a part of the game. I still have safezones in place with anti theft. However, I do not take actions against stealing, extortion or other similar behaviour. 

Though you could barricade the surrounding area with dragonteeth to stop people from entering with vehicles. As for camping, it's rather hard to combat without making other players "suffer". The campers will die sooner or later anyway.

I'm having some problems with players extorting / camping and causing problems around the Stary trader.  I'm curious what you guys have done to combat this problem as I'm sure it's not just me that has it.

Grateful for any tips, tricks, ideas :D

I'm using AGN safezones right now but plan to switch over to meca's very soon.   Thanks :D

Unfortunately douchebags will be douchebags and will always find a way to be douchebags no matter what you do. It's the way of things for that generation, looking for the easy win and the cheats and when playing they act like complete toolboxes who ruin games. It's not the game play that is fun for them, it's ruining the game for others that is fun for them so unfortunately the only thing you could do would be to go whitelist and ban people who do it.

For me... as Zed said... Long Live PVE. People like that are why my server remains locked.

Grateful for any tips, tricks, ideas  :D

I have found that this dynamic that occurs in epoch can actually extend gameplay.

On my servers we identify such banditry and identify the offenders.

Once that is done a bounty with reward is placed on the Website with the offenders name.

It is not long before the "offender" has lost all assets via other players chasing the rewarded gold.

Thus rendering the "offender" living in the hills/swamps and eating from rusted bean cans and sleeping in dumpsters in berezino.

As soon as the now rancid smelling "offender" joins the server the shout goes out!  RUNNING MAN!!  And the one time wolf is now the wounded rabbit running for the life he/she once enjoyed.

Now this method may seem harsh but it is very effective, so effective in fact that I could remove all safe zones for a while.

STENCH

I've thought about that... I don't know that it would help though.  I also though about putting some sort of wall up around it but I don't think that will do much if not add to the problem.

I think for now I need to look into adding another neutral trader in a good spot to give people another choice.