Server resets time when you die

aceanomaly

Question

Hello,

So we are running into an issue on our private hive we are running that when a player dies or reconnects to the server the time restarts for that player to the default time. So example... If we have 2 players on the server and its night time and one of them dies when the player logs back in it will be daylight for only that player. Seems very strange like something in the config is wrong. Below is what we have in our hive config file. Any ideas?

;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
Hour = 17

6 answers to this question

More detail:

A few of us were playing and it had gotten dark in game, like it's supposed to.  Anomaly joined and it was daytime for him.  We all compared in game watch times and they were all different!  How does that make any sense.  Then later, I logged out and back in and I had daytime again.

We have HiveExt.ini set to Static time, Hour = 17.  We have the full moon nights setting enabled in init.sqf (which seems to work).

Since doing this fix for gear not saving on restart, the ingame time seems to be synchronised again

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/733-problems-with-database-update-mechanism/?p=6160

Interesting.  I would love to try this, but if I make any edit to the server.pbo the server stalls on Requesting Authentication.  Not sure what the issue is there.

Well I guess it's due to the Signature being lost maybe when I extract/repack the pbo.  I've never had any issues with this before Epoch.  So how do I properly do this then?

Straightened it out by using BinPBO to repack and manually setting the prefix.  Nothing to see here.