help player built stuff dissapering

calamity

Question

I run a dayz.st panthera epoch server and I have been told that some buildables are disappearing like some floors and sandbags. dayz.st says there is no need for maintain they disabled it. 

I ran this event and I think its causing stuff to disappear.   how does this actually work does a player actually have to touch everything in his or her base ?? or just be near it  ?? for it not to be considered old

How can I delete this drop event  I added ?? it seems its deleteing active player base items ...........

DROP EVENT IF EXISTS removeObjectOld;
CREATE EVENT removeObjectOld
ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY
COMMENT 'Removes old objects and vehicles'
DO
DELETE FROM `Object_DATA` WHERE `LastUpdated` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 14 DAY) AND `Datestamp` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 14 DAY);

If I add (set CleanupPlaceAfterDays = -1) will that disable the drop event I  added ??? does it go in init.sqf ???  if so whhat actually goes in there                  set CleanupPlaceAfterDays = -1                    or                  CleanupPlaceAfterDays = -1

8 answers to this question

I run a dayz.st panthera epoch server and I have been told that some buildables are disappearing like some floors and sandbags. dayz.st says there is no need for maintain they disabled it. 

I ran this event and I think its causing stuff to disappear.   how does this actually work does a player actually have to touch everything in his or her base ?? or just be near it  ?? for it not to be considered old

How can I delete this drop event  I added ?? it seems its deleteing active player base items ...........

CREATE EVENT removeObjectOld
ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY
COMMENT 'Removes old objects and vehicles'
DO
DELETE FROM `Object_DATA` WHERE `LastUpdated` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 14 DAY) AND `Datestamp` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 14 DAY);

If I add (set CleanupPlaceAfterDays = -1) will that disable the drop event I  added ??? does it go in init.sqf ???  if so whhat actually goes in there                  set CleanupPlaceAfterDays = -1                    or                  CleanupPlaceAfterDays = -1

The event already contains the code you need.  Look at the first line:

where is this event?? i have stuff deacying and i dont know hwo to stop it even after i set the cleanup to -1

I think everything that was built while the decay was turned on will be removed.

In your init.sqf in the mission folder add

DZE_DamageBeforeMaint = 0.00;

with the other DZE variables and tell people to maintain their base. Might Work.

I think everything that was built while the decay was turned on will be removed.

In your init.sqf in the mission folder add

DZE_DamageBeforeMaint = 0.00;

with the other DZE variables and tell people to maintain their base. Might Work.

can you gimme a hint where abouts to put this in the init?..which maintain do you recommend? i have snap1.4 and vectors in

Edited by Gil-Galed

I have dayz.st, too. 

We dont have accesss to the hive file, so we can't change the base decay time, and their plot pole maintain doesn't work either, which sucks.

What I do is I go to the SQL in database and enter 

"UPDATE `Object_DATA` SET `Datestamp`=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') )"

every couple days. 

This basically changed the datastamp of the base so it doesn't decay