Adding Custom Weapons Help

Sinsaver

Question

Ok so heres the deal, im running a dayz.st server and im looking to add custom weapons to it.  The only issue i am running into is that i do not have access to the actual server files.  I can only access and edit the Server.pbo and mission.pbo.  Is there anyway to add a custom weapons bikey to the mission or server pbo so that i can get the signature to read on server load.  Please only respond if you know what im talking about, I know how to do this if I have access to the Keys file in the main server file, but i dont have access.  Im looking for another way, thanks

7 answers to this question

You can add the standard Arma 2 rocket launchers etc (in fact anything, jets, tanks etc) if you aren't running battleeye. You can even arm Sarge AI with them. We have 'set peices' on our server which are a part of basically a D&D style run server (e.g. admins are the dungeon masters, we're constantly changing stuff depending on what the players do in game) and act as an MMO style 'raid' for the player base to team up and take down. E.g. Komorovo at the moment has been taken by bandits, and the PMC on the server (basically the player base act as members of a PMC trying to help restore order in our storyline) has to deal with them. The longer it's left alone, the tighter the defences become and better armed the AI get.

I had an issue where players would constantly just hover over the AI minigunning everyone, when we wanted people to team up and work together on foot. Problem solved giving a chance for the Sniper AI to carry Stingers :)

Just look up an arma 2 or OA classnames list on the BIS forums and add those. Stinger is the classname for a stinger. Stinger is also, funnily enough, the classname for its ammo too.