Dean Hall plans to step down as lead designer of DayZ

vbawol

Maybe he's cashing in his money and was pushed out the door ? :unsure:

The Standalone was never what it was promised, hopefully someone will take the helm and bring out its full potential :)

Dean made money when he sold the rights to BIS, only good things for the game can come from him leaving, I might even buy it myself now, currently using the free pre-release version i was lucky enough to get.

it was released in pre-alpha a few months ago. it hasnt had the chance to do shit

Just because he had a good idea doesn't mean he's the right person to lead the official project.  I'm guessing he's getting pressured from the folks holding the purse to produce something, the can't see eye to eye so he's leaving.  It's no longer his project and hasn't been for sometime.  Once BI invested, he's just an employee and I'm sure that doesn't sit well with him.  

This was his baby, and I think he's taking this a bit too personal and wants it to be perfect.  His vision, noone elses.  Well that's fine and dandy when it's your private project but when there's investors and ROI to factor in you can't worry about every little thing you'd like to have for your baby and move to a marketable finished product sometime before the year 2020. I'm not saying rush it, but like someone else mentioned a road map?  Some kind of milestones set to keep the project moving forward.  You can't worry about polishing every rock and leaf on the trees.  Get some direction and get the damn thing done.

I think this is likely the best thing for Dayz SA, otherwise it would never get finished.

• 1 month later...

Probably safe to assume SA will be officially released within a year then. I, for one, will be following rockets work. dayZ is the best game for years, building it on Arma was pure genius. He can say what he likes, BI owe him thanks big time and who can moan that he has come out and spoken his mind. I'd like to see one person change their mind about buying SA based on a year old comment, best of luck to Rocket..

• 3 weeks later...