Hacker Question

Affraid

I red handed caught a Hacker The other day and banned Him using DART tool.  There should be a topic here to help out other admins and warn them about the players we catch. I want to post his character name and GUIDip address , so he don't hit other servers .Not sure if thats legal or not. What do you think?

just so you know I caught them spawning in vehicles and telling others they are admins when I was on. Being clueless that I'm the server Owner/admin. And I spectated them spawning in stuff & then nuking whole server. Had to do a roll back to get server correct again. 

The problem with that is that unless evidence is required, any admin could just "blacklist" a player that they simply don't like. I know that most wouldn't do something like that, but there are admins that abuse their power. However, that's usually not a big issue since they have no power outside of their own server.

The link should be http://cbl.statdrive.net/

Is that list used by DART ?

Cause otherwise i dont really see the point.

I was planning to start writing a page for community ban listing people....based on the number of bans a GUID/IP is getting...

For example if a player has 2+ bans reported from 2 different servers ...then he will be added to the list, so individual bans are not taken accounted for.

I don't believe in community ban lists because they are way too abused.

A while back my IP was banned as a "spamming" IP, which prevented me from registering on a countless number of forums that had the plugin the site offered for that forum software. The reason was for simply posting a few pictures to some threads on a forum I hardly visited.

It was never resolved until my static IP finally was changed while my ISP was doing node maintenence.

This is why vanilla hived servers can't ban people unless they submit enough evidence that the person was hacking to the forums.

Is that list used by DART ?

Cause otherwise i dont really see the point.

I was planning to start writing a page for community ban listing people....based on the number of bans a GUID/IP is getting...

For example if a player has 2+ bans reported from 2 different servers ...then he will be added to the list, so individual bans are not taken accounted for.

No it is a community ban list.