Best Sniper for Night/Day Bandit AI Missions

DrScandalous

Getting started on night/day sniper missions on some pretty good bandit AI on a new server and looking for options on engaging as a solo player. Average engagement distance is around 200-400m. During the day I usually engage squads of 6-12 with a DMR from about 600 out, but looking for better options. Was thinking about using a Lapuaa for long-distance day engagements... but struggling with night-time options for long-range. I know the DMR works with NVGs (which is great) but didn't know if anyone could recommend a long-distance (preferably SD) option. 

MK17 SD Sniper? MV110 SD? What ranges are they good for? Any other recommendations for day/night engagements?

M110 NVG is far the best sniper for me as you can switch between day and night vision..... If you don´t have one i would go with a classical DMR. For long range i use the Lapua or M107... Good tactics of players from my server who want the loot but not the cars at a mission is to shoot a car until it explodes and burns and then scope n with the Lapua at night

Hope that was helpfull ;)

I think you can only use Mk17 rounds in it but i am not sure... Vampire : Epoch enables all weapons of Arma by default althought they are not at the traders or loot spawns by default.. Could be usefull to your awesome Mission Script ;)

Yes I am aware, but I meant added to the traders by default. If not, you get players complaining that they don't want to do the missions because they can't sell the guns :P

• 3 weeks later...

Mk 17 SD only zeros up to 300m, anything beyond 450m is really pusing the limits of it because you are dropping below the milldots.

Personally the DMR serves me well, with the zoom you can engage at 500-600m pretty easily, follow up shots are easy as well. I tend not to try to get to close to the AI on our server because they are very deadly. 

The MK 17 is good as well but Im struggling to find one on our server at the moment.