Need database update help

ahughes3

Question

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I am hosting with Dayz.st and have just updated the patch from 1.0.3.1 to 1.0.4.1. When I update, not all of the contents of the object_Data table have been copied across and I'm left with loads of stuff missing.

I had taken a backup of the old data from the table before the update and I have tried a whole bunch of ways to import it but it only ever installs a small amount of the data.

I have even tried deleting the entire contents of the table and importing the backup through Navicat. The import showed 10363 items which is correct, but when I restart the server, I only see 1286 in the game and loads of stuff is missing. As far as I can tell there are no changes to classnames so I don't understand what is wrong.

Can anyone provide any help as to why I can't import all of our old table data into the new patch?

I would upload the file but it's too big.

Regards

Harry

10 answers to this question

There is no support from them, that's why I switched providers. Also they use a different database setup. I had to manually edit every single import and SQL command that I copied from the web to use because nothing went in right without it.

They are a good host if you are brand new to Dayz server admin but you outgrow what they offer very quickly once you want some sort of semi-advanced control over your server.

There is no support from them, that's why I switched providers. Also they use a different database setup. I had to manually edit every single import and SQL command that I copied from the web to use because nothing went in right without it.

They are a good host if you are brand new to Dayz server admin but you outgrow what they offer very quickly once you want some sort of semi-advanced control over your server.

They were quite good at one point, lately though they just seem poor. If I switch providers, who would you recommend just out of interest?

Following on from my main post, I tried importing the sql into the database directly through dayz.st and it told me 10363 lines were in their, which I could see. Then when I restarted the server, once again it went down to 2386. As far as I'm aware there is no change to classnames and so all the data should still be ok.

some of us don't have the option to go full dedi as pricing is some countries is ridiculous as over here you are looking at 250+ us a month to host one and is why i host with different providers.

but then again aren't you having problems with your database not loading or crashing  as well richie?

Ok we appear to be getting there now. Database has finally updated all items after switching back then forwards again to 1.0.4.2. Everyone says their stuff is in place. The only problem we have now is with the infistar antihack, which seems to be conflicting with locked vehicles and vaults. When we have the latest version in place with battleye filters, no one can unlock their vaults or their cars. As soon as I turn the antihack off it works again. :(

Will these things ever just work without bugs :P