Info for hosting server

Hux

Hello, I'm new here & I'm interested in hosting an Epoch Taviana server. (Hope this is the right area to post)

I have never hosted a Dayz or Arma server so I'd like to know where I start.

Do I get a server host like Dayz.st first? I've read good things about that host in this forum. I want to be able to edit map to add spawn points, obj, etc.

Just like to know where to start learning & hopefully get some advice. I have searched the forum & read qute a bit but I would appreciate some advice & perhaps some links to resources...

Thank you.

If you insist, the best advice is to just get started. Epochs installation instructions arent that hard, just trial and error. A tip: the instance folder holds data like server name (config.txt), mysql login (HiveExt.ini) and such, and epoch settings are in the MPmission file (ie. MPMissions/DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus/init.sqf)

Yes, I've considered that & may find later that it's the best advice I've gotten, but for now I would appreciate something more useful.

hi

belief me its a pain but well worth it when its done. at least i have fun when i got it right

i host them from vilayer the support is really a shame but the server is nice and easy scriptable because the pbo is open, si i dont have to repack those

but im happy i did start a server and learned alot from here and other sites