1.0.4.1 Traders are Empty No items at any traders

FUBAR22

Question

All,

NO TRADER ITEMS at ANY traders now.  It was just the Black Market vendor during 1.0.4,l but now that I have updated to 1.0.4.1 NO TRADERS have any items at all.  What is happening? Why are all my traders empty?

I painfulyl went folder by folder and file by file to assure all my files are updated and they are.  Perhaps someone could explain what was changed in the last two updates that caused our trader issues, or explain how they are suppose to work now.  Anything that could help give a clue what changed, where to look, and see if we can fix this.

Yes - I also checked my database to assure traders have items and the trader ID's correspond to the server_traders.sqf...they do!

If anyone is running their Epoch server successfully with no trader problems, perhaps you can help us.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

10 answers to this question

Same problem. Changed the compiles to 

// trader menu code
if (DZE_ConfigTrader) then {
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuConfig.sqf";
}else{
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_traderMenuHive.sqf";
};

and no items inside menus.

Working. Had to go through side by side my files i had to take out of the code, with the original one too see the differences.

many diff lines changes. Fn_actions,variables, and my compiles to name a few.

@Floss - Thanks for your help.  My compiles already has the change you noted because I downloaded all the latest files for 1.0.4.1 and it already added/modified those lines.  

If you still had the old compile file and you simply edited it like you posted, you may want to go back and look at all your other files because many others have changed and were added to the lastest download.  Did you download the entire new zip file?

As far as this trader problem, all I can think of is there is some sort of call that is not in sync with the database.  The database has been fully updated and I have assured that all the trader ID's are correct, all the item ID's are correct, there are items populated in all the tables, and all the server traders are there and named correctly as well as the instance numbers.   So, something is broken between the epoch file and the database because they are not talking to each other.

So, does anyone know how the game calls to the database to populate the traders?

Cheers,

Fubar

@Garrett - Do you know what file you changed that fixed your trader issue.  I have done the same, and I have the correct change in my compile file as noted above, but my traders are still empty.  You might have changed another file that corrected this.

Please let me know.

THANKS!

UPDATE:

I took a look at the server_traders.sqf found in the root of the mission folder.  This is the same file that has been there forever and it lists the Vendor description. vendor ID, and the type of items by number associated with it.  (I am referring only to Epoch)

Let's take an example - look at Freindly Buildings/Parts (menu_Woodlander1) (around line 75) 

Here is the info from server_traders:

// Friendly Building/Parts
menu_Woodlander1 = [
    [["Building Supplies",530],["Toolbelt Items",532],["Vehicle Parts",531]],
    [],
    "friendly"

Now go to your database and look up trader_tids for 530,531,532.   Look at the Trader at the far right - trader = 155

Go back to your server_traders table and search for trader "id" 155

You will see it says:

classname = UN_CDF_Soldier_Crew_EP1

Instance = 17

Description = Friendly Building/Parts

Instance 17?  So, this tells me that the trader_tids associated with 530,531,532 are aligned to trader 155 and for instance 17, BUT Instance 17 is NOT Epoch.

Is this what is causing all these problems??

All - Happy to report that my empty traders problem has been fixed.  I took vbawol suggestion and rebuilt the server file by file from the originals.  As I was doing this, I noticed the fn_selfActions was different and may have caused some of this problem with none of my vendors showing any items, but I was still left with an empty Black Market vendor at Stary.

FIXED:

The one thing that was definitely not right was the database.  As I noted above in post#8, the trader ID's and and trader item numbers were not 100% correct.  My suggestion to anyone having this problem is:

1.) Go to your mission folder and open up your server_traders.sqf found in the root of your misison foler.  Here you will see each trader name (class name), the trader ID 'tid' and what type of items they should have.

2.) Go to your database, and got the trader_tids table.  The 'id' column corresponds to the 'tid' number in the server_traders.sqf. (For example 526 for Black Market Weapons) At the far right column, note the "trader" number for 526 which should be 154 (Black Market Weapons).  In my case, this is where my problem was 

When I did my look up, it was a different dealer AND Trader 154 was aligned to a different instance (17) and it should be (11) for Epoch and because of that the items were not showing up because that trader was aligned to 'tid' 455 which was not a trader in Epoch. 

How I fixed it:

1.) Go to server_traders table, and search id 154.  Change the instance from 17 to 11

2.) Go to server_tid table, and search trader 154.  Make sure all the 'id' numbers are aligned to the Black Market id's listed in your server_traders.sqf (526,527,529)

4.) IF NOT, search in this same table (server_tid) for id 526 or 527 or 529 and change the trader if necessary to 154

5.) Once trader 154 has all the correct id's 526,527,529.  Your Black Market vendors will now work (as long as your trader_data table has gear for each of these 526,527,529.

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers,

Fubar