How to prevent users from logging out in certain areas?

chisel

Question

I have built a prison on Skalisty Island that has been converted to an ai Bandit stronghold and loot horde.  I don't want to allow folks to log out on the island.  How can I prevent this?  i.e. if players log out on the island I want them to randomly spawn in somewhere else on the mainland with their next login.

Anyone have a way to designate certain areas like this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chisel

7 answers to this question

Yes - if you create a sensor ( like the way the trader zones and map markers are set up ), it will treat the area like it's a trader zone.  (IE no logout able to be done).  We have this working on our Taviana map.

If you want it to be invisible on the map, but still function the same way, it is roughly the same exact code with some small tweaking.

I was hoping to put something like this in my mission sqm but it's not working.  Again, I'm no programmer so I could use some help.  Am I at least on the right track?

class Item5
{
position[]={13678.663,289.70795,2880.6013};
a=600;
b=600;
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="zoneprison";
expCond="(player distance zoneprison) < 600;";
expActiv="canbuild = false; inTraderCity = ""Skalisty Prison/Bandit Stronghold"";";
expDesactiv="canbuild = true; inTraderCity = ""Any"";";
class Effects
{
};
};

yeah, like I said above, that is what I did, but it's not working.  Any mistakes apparent?  Is there some call that earmarks a trader city as a trader city that I need to do as well as the above?

Could it be my coords?  What is an easy way to find the actual coords?

chisel -  i haven't looked myself yet, but you might have to define elsewhere what "zoneprison" means in your expCond statement.   It's not just referring to the name i think, it's refering to an object I think, or a class. Do a search for zonehero and see if there's any code in there setting it up as one or the other outside of the Hero Trader sensor definition.

chisel -  i haven't looked myself yet, but you might have to define elsewhere what "zoneprison" means in your expCond statement.   It's not just referring to the name i think, it's refering to an object I think, or a class. Do a search for zonehero and see if there's any code in there setting it up as one or the other outside of the Hero Trader sensor definition.

That's what I was thinking, those terms must be defined somewhere...