server OS

ranoko

Question

So im running two servers atm with windows 7. I am upgrading to an ssd and i was thinking about going to windows server 2012 r2. I just wanted some thoughts and input on what others are running and if anyone has run into issues with server 2012. Thanks for the input ;))

7 answers to this question

ah ok... i did a test install of 2012 and had a whole bunch of issues with the database.. might take a stabe at 2008 see how things go.

What are you using to host the database? I use xampp 5.4 on my production server and xampp 5.5 on my test bed. That handles my apache for my PHT and MySQL for the data base, plus it has FTP, phpMyAdmin, and other tools that are nice. I fi want to get down and dirty with the database then I launch Toad and bang my head against my desk. (I have no idea what I'm doing sometimes.)

using xampp 5.4 currently on win 7 tried installing 5.5 on 2012 but i think it had to do with a role that i missed.  Files would fail and all kinda stuff.  Need to play more with 2012 as it was my first go at it.  Going to take a run at 2008 as i know it alot better and it seems like you guys have no issues with it.  MGT, you guys using xampp as well?