Suggestion: Gun Safe

brolidog

As I always like to have duplicates of weapons,toolbelt items, and even keys; I would like to see a gun safe added.

As it stands with extra NVGs and storing keys or toolbelt items my safes "fill" up fast.

GunSafe - 50 weapon slots, 20 magazine slots, 5 backpack slots

Should cost the same as regular safe.

that way I can store my toolbelt items and keys in a regular safe and my weapons in another.

Ita good to be able to store some but i fail to see the need for so many. What are you planning on doing with so many guns?

Call it OCD or over preparedness or what ever, i get made fun of while looting all the time as I go on a looting run with like 10 food/drink and tons of meds. I use to play solo alot so I am use to grabbing anything and everything and like having backups incase I die.

My issue is not with needing a ton of guns. I like to keep most of my toolbelt items in my safe for when i need them, and since they take up weapons slots I lose most of my weapon storage.

Also I dont think 50 slots are needed, you are given enough slots for plenty of ammo in a regular vault. Id like to have 1 gun safe and 1 regular one. and not 3 safes just to hold tools and guns with like 250 left over magazine slots.

Back when tent-duping was happening DayZ evolved from a scavenge/loot/survive world into a loot hoarding deathmatch simply because there were stockpiles of supplies everywhere. 

Bottom line is that items like a gunsafe will reduce the need for getting more gold for a regular safe, which is advantageous for wanting to push scavenging.  On the other side though if a gunsafe isn't added we will just see more piles of safes sitting around to accommodate the desired gun supply. 

....In line with this suggestion..

Ever heard of a modular gunsafe? I have one at home. Safe like the one in game, but on the top of it is attached (via bolts inside) is a small secondary safe. Inside of that secondary safe is a locked and loaded pistol along with some important stuff like backup keys and papers.

Point being...

Add a 'addon key safe', you can then (with a normal safe and addon key safe in inventory) CRAFT a Safe+ or whatever you want to call it.

It would have 20 extra slots for keys.

Now, knowing the wonderful code in ARMA as i do..

There's really only weapons/mags/bags soo how to make a safe only able to accept keys might be impossible.

If so, oh well. This would allow folks to add on to their current safe to fit all the keys.

Between me and my playing partner/roommate, we generally have 3 copies of each key we have (HMMWV M2, Fishing Boat, PBX, RHIB, Kamaz, Etc etc).

Also..a smaller safe would be nice.

Say  0/20/0 that is like a quarter the size of the current safe. Why? Money safe..

Id love to be able to have a smaller (and thus harder to find) safe just for my gold.

Just a thought.