Heli Scouting for Vehicles/Aircraft: Tips?

DrScandalous

Just wondering if anyone had any tips for spotting vehicles/planes better, how to deal with fog/adverse weather conditions, search patterns, etc. 

Just went up in my little bird for the FIRST time and wow... I get the feeling that I'll be spending a LOT more time in the sky from now on. :)

Buy a Mozzie if you want to scout for vehicles. I typically go back for mine, but if you had to abandon it or if someone destroys it while you are moving the other vehicle and/or getting back to it you are only out 4 gold. I also use it for trips into dangerous territory instead of risking a "real" vehicle since I can earn 4 gold on my way back up from the coast to the airplane dealer. People typically leave them alone too. The only issue is it offers no protection so you can get sniped out of the sky. 

I think I have about 15 mozzies around the map that I have keys to. Much better profit by landing and picking up a armed heli or armed vehicle.

Good tactic... and I think I'll definitely look/start using Mozzies instead of the little bird... but the trader inventory on my server is somewhat limited, so I feel that if I go at it hard and fast I'll end up hitting a wall eventually. 

Good point, though!

• 1 month later...

Good to know it helped. When I am feeling really cheap or just starting out on a server I'll use a Mozzie and a ATV. For 6 gold investment I now have the tools to scout the map and carry heavy supplies for repairing vehicles. Typically I get the ATV and head over to the airport. Then I hide the ATV somewhere and fly the Mozzie around gathering supplies and finding vehicles. I store parts, guns, and ammo in the ATV and use it as a mobile base this I've built up some cash from selling vehicles/guns then I build a base in earnest. The ATV is so easy to hide it works really well for stashing things. Most people won't shoot up a locked ATV like they would an SUV. I guess they just assume there is nothing worthwhile in it since it is so cheap. ;)

LOL!

They used to be bad. They are not bad at all these days. I drive them all over the place. Heck, playing on Lingor now and that island is filled with things that want to tip/destroy your vehicles and I haven't wrecked my ATV yet. I've had to tip it upright several times but you don't instant-die the way you used to when these things crash. I do NOT store it near anything I care about though; like vehicles, tents, and base parts. Just in case it does decide to bounce around on server reset and damage things. 

• 3 weeks later...