Problems adding buildings

FragZ

Question

Ok so I added 4 custom building files no problem (one of mine, 3 of this forum). Then, I tried adding more (4 actually) also from this website and now server is stuck on waiting for server to start authentication...  I am lost!

I will insert a picture here. The red marked ones are the one I get trouble with when added.

508938Screenshot37.png

I also made a picture of my code in   server_functions.sqf   Same applies. Red is the troulbe part.

390521Screenshot38.png

Any guess?

17 answers to this question

Did you remember to clean up each of the SQF files?

i.e.

Adding:

if (isServer) then {

at the top of the file, and removing the extra stuff at the bottom?

I did remove them (and by default the ones I took from this website were already edited to fit in). I double checked each of them.

Well, I've had this happen before too when I was trying out various map packs. Judging from the size of some of those files, there are probably a large number of objects being loaded by the server. I've found that things sometimes get weird when adding lots of custom buildings. This is what I did months ago to get everything loaded on my test server:

sleep 2.0;
//MAP ADDITIONS
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\1.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\2.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\3.sqf";
sleep 2.0;
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\4.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\5.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\6.sqf";
sleep 2.0;
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\7.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\8.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\9.sqf";
sleep 2.0;

Basically, just balancing the load a bit to ease the stress on the server.

Well, I've had this happen before too when I was trying out various map packs. Judging from the size of some of those files, there are probably a large number of objects being loaded by the server. I've found that things sometimes get weird when adding lots of custom buildings. This is what I did months ago to get everything loaded on my test server:

sleep 2.0;
//MAP ADDITIONS
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\1.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\2.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\3.sqf";
sleep 2.0;
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\4.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\5.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\6.sqf";
sleep 2.0;
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\7.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\8.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\mapedits\9.sqf";
sleep 2.0;

Oh so like load some of them each at the time with a sleep time. Ok I will try this and see how it goes. Will leave feedback :)

I will upload them but I think they are supposed to work... I took them directly from this forum by other member's release (BTW thanks to them they are really nice looking).

https://www.mediafire.com/?7qydl2p5v88hb3x

EDIT: I think I found out. The files from Aiden were missing  *;* at the bottom end. Will give it a try.
EDIT 2: Didin't work.

You can try adding a long wait time before every file, load every file within 1 minute difference and maybe wait 5 minutes before the first, so you should be able to long in to the sever before any of the maps will be loaded and then they should pop up in front of you when the timer is up.. (if you are near the location of course) if you still get a "wait for host" there might be some other error in your files somewhere? :/

you just need to be careful where you load so many files at server restart, if you put a "sleep" in front in will delay the whole script and everyting coming after the sleep command! One problem might be that "execVM" will load all the maps in parallel and not wiat for the one before to finish, i don't know if that might be a problem with the server.

You can try adding a long wait time before every file, load every file within 1 minute difference and maybe wait 5 minutes before the first, so you should be able to long in to the sever before any of the maps will be loaded and then they should pop up in front of you when the timer is up.. (if you are near the location of course) if you still get a "wait for host" there might be some other error in your files somewhere? :/

you just need to be careful where you load so many files at server restart, if you put a "sleep" in front in will delay the whole script and everyting coming after the sleep command! One problem might be that "execVM" will load all the maps in parallel and not wiat for the one before to finish, i don't know if that might be a problem with the server.

I already tried to put a sleep in front... I think I will just upload my files that I need coded and see if someone can actually get it to work.

Buildings I need to add:    https://www.mediafire.com/?7qydl2p5v88hb3x

My actual working server PBO:   https://www.mediafire.com/?234537x403tcnsa

kacastle.sqf and otmel.sqf are both missing a ";" at the end, see the other files how it should look like.

That might not be THE problem, but it still is a script error.

I already added them to see if it would work. Nope, still nothing. I tried adding only NEAFcharlie and didin't work either.

im having the same problem....

im using that in the init and it load some of them.... since patch 1.0.3 it loaded all of them on patch 1.0.2.5 and earlier...

if (isServer) then {

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\Barrage_Dan_BBC.sqf";													// Topolka Dam Military Base
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\BlackLac_Dan_BBC.sqf";													// Black Lake Miltary Base
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\bois1_Dan_BBC.sqf";														// Hidden Killers Ranch
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\LieuxditPenduAto.sqf";													// Wreck Sites
sleep 2.0;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\castle.sqf";																// The Dead Castle
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\excbridge.sqf";                                                          // Excelsior Bridge
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\sectorfng.sqf";                                                            // awesome island
sleep 2.0;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\villages.sqf";															// Epoch Trader Villages 1.2
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\buildings.sqf";															// Extra Charnarus Buildings 1.2
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\devilscastle.sqf";														// Devils Castle Base by AVendettaForYou.
sleep 2.0;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\SK8.sqf";	                                                            // SK8 SERVER BUILDINGS
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\skacast.sqf";                                                            //Military camp inside a castle on Skalisty Island
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\southwestcity.sqf";                                                            // Tikhaya City !!!!!
sleep 2.0;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_LM_tubf.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_LM_wlcr.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_bash.sqf";
sleep 2.0;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_klen.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_stary.sqf";		
sleep 2.0;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_btcc.sqf";	
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers = [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_neaf.sqf";

};

im trying this on the server functions sqf

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\Barrage_Dan_BBC.sqf";													// Topolka Dam Military Base
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\BlackLac_Dan_BBC.sqf";													// Black Lake Miltary Base
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\bois1_Dan_BBC.sqf";														// Hidden Killers Ranch
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\LieuxditPenduAto.sqf";													// Wreck Sites
sleep 2.0;
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\castle.sqf";																// The Dead Castle
 execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\excbridge.sqf";                                                          // Excelsior Bridge
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\sectorfng.sqf";                                                            // awesome island
sleep 2.0;
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\villages.sqf";															// Epoch Trader Villages 1.2
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\buildings.sqf";															// Extra Charnarus Buildings 1.2
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\devilscastle.sqf";														// Devils Castle Base by AVendettaForYou.
sleep 2.0;
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\SK8.sqf";	                                                            // SK8 SERVER BUILDINGS
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\skacast.sqf";                                                            //Military camp inside a castle on Skalisty Island
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\southwestcity.sqf";                                                            // Tikhaya City !!!!!
sleep 2.0;
ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_LM_tubf.sqf";
ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_LM_wlcr.sqf";
ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_bash.sqf";
sleep 2.0;
ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_klen.sqf";
ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_stary.sqf";		
sleep 2.0;
ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_btcc.sqf";	
ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\map_updates\GOC_TE_neaf.sqf";

none of them are working :(

Move it server side and add it in server_functions.sqf.

Mine looks like this:

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "z\addons\dayz_server\buildingsepo\epochbalota.sqf";
sleep 2.0;
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildingsepo\epochkamenka.sqf";
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildingsepo\epochcherno.sqf";
sleep 2.0;
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\kacastle.sqf"; 
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\otmel.sqf";
sleep 2.0;
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\sectorfng\sectorfng.sqf"; //execs Sector FNG

and it works.

No it doesn't for me...........I have it all on server side with both options []ExecVM   and call compile tried both   in server_functions.sqf at bottom in init folder on server side   and the building.sqf in a folder called buildings in server.pbo root directory

Survival Server  Epoch Chernarus 1.0.4.2 103718     one time I had it working with the []ExecVM in a "mod" folder on mission side and building folders on serverside  but now that doesn't work either

think the zeds are eating up the buildings before I can login..........

Since the files work in another server and I cut and paste the script is fine  plus I get all the way in game if I had some problem with a building.sqf file it would hang on waiting for server or something.          I now set my player so that when he logs in with no buildings he suicides right there.......