Dynamic Vehicle Spawn - questions

boxman80

Hi, just me again. I have a few simple questions about the dynamic vehicle spawn system;

1) I understand that there is a "soft" limit on the dynamic vehilce spawn. With this in mind, I f I want a particular vehicle never to spawn dynamically, do I simply put "-1" in the Dynamicvehiclespawn.sqf file?

2) Do dynamically spawned vehilces despawn of their own accord regardless of their health status? Ive had a couple of players claiming that their vehicles (that spawned in dynamically) have disappeared even though they had taken wheels off and/or hidden.

3) How many predefined "dynamic" locations are there? Just some of them seem a bit predictable now, even after just a  after a couple of weeks some players are remembering what spawns where and I thougth that was one of the things Epoch tried to address.

1) i have not tried but i think you can just delete the line out of the file, you also would need to delete the vehicles out of the database i think as the file just controls spawns and not when there in the database. As far as i know no vehicles are banned in epoch so you can add any arma 2 vehicles in the list and they should spawn. (dont quote me on that though ;))

2) no. i have had the same car since first playing epoch

3) i have no idea

Would be good to be able to edit it though so the airplanes spawn on the runway

1) i have not tried but i think you can just delete the line out of the file, you also would need to delete the vehicles out of the database i think as the file just controls spawns and not when there in the database. As far as i know no vehicles are banned in epoch so you can add any arma 2 vehicles in the list and they should spawn. (dont quote me on that though ;))

2) no. i have had the same car since first playing epoch

3) i have no idea

Would be good to be able to edit it though so the airplanes spawn on the runway

Yea I was thinking about it last night and wondered if just deleting the vehicles from the list would prevent them spawning,but yes I guess removing the  from the DB would have to be done too, cheers.

We are seeing lots of weird things with dynamic vehicles then. It happened again last night. A dynamic vehicle disappeared from the middle of a group of locked vehicles that were inside  a locked compound. 

The limit is soft so it will generally spawn one more than your limit.

The vehicles should never disappear, check your logs.

spawning is dynamic 50% near roads and 50% near houses for land vehicles and helicopters and planes spawn anywhere semi flat. 

How about the dynamic spawn for the mass graves and heli crashes (both types)? What are the ratios and locations for those?

There are dozens of locations for the spawns, as for ratios;

goto your server_monitor.sqf,

// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]

nul = [4, 4, (20 * 60), (0 * 1), 1, 'center', HeliCrashArea, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

Look at the matcing colors;

_frequency \ (20 * 60) = a chance for a crash/grave to spawn every 20minutes. Change the 20 to what ever delay you want between crashes spawning.

_variance  \  (0 * 1) = delay between crashes, with this setup there will be a chance for a crash right after the _frequency time has been met. (5 * 60) would add a 5 minute delay

_spawnChance  \  = The chance the crashsite will spawn. 1 = 100% chance .75 = 75% ect

So with the settings above,

There is a 100% chance a helicrash will spawn every 20minutes.