[Assist?] Merge DayZMapper to Epoch

Strikes

I've got the development/coding brains of that of a dog.... but I might just try and hammer and nail something myself eventually, because I think personally... DayZ Mapper was an awesome lightweight tracker when all you want to do is actually watch movement and nothing else.

Zamp, the original creator, commented that he won't have the time to merge it into Epoch; so I'm hoping that someone here, with awesome talents/skills might be able to do it insanely faster than a noob like me, lol. (Merging from Reality DB to Epoch DB)

Here's the GitHub: https://github.com/zamp/DayZMapper

It might be kinda simple...  :blink:

I think this one is even better? http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2689-dayz-epoch-admin-tracking-tool/

No fan of the DayZMapper, flash and action script is just hard to maintain and outdated in my opinion. No offense but the mapper was never really doing anything special?

That was actually the best part for me, lol, that it wasn't doing anything special. It was lightweight and clean for tracking player movements. 

But, that's getting more into our opinions... 

I do have that download; the EpochTracker... but in its defense I didn't give it much time to win me over, lol. I don't care for the large 'pin icons' for each player; they overlap too easily when zoomed out... and when I'm running events I can't be zooming in and out all the time. But, as I mentioned, haha, I didn't really look to see if there was an option to remove those things and go with dots or something like that.

I'll have another look at it perhaps; but I had all the maps I needed in DayZ Mapper...  :( - It also doesn't seem to  update players very well... it's been running for about 15 minutes now and only showing 4 out of 9 players currently online. *Shrug*

I believe you're looking for:

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1439-server-live-map/

If you have a last_updated column inside of your character_data, you are able to change the following variable in the data.php of the DayZMapper to check for last-updated:

$query = $db->prepare("SELECT
	s.CharacterID as id,
	s.Model as model,
	s.CurrentState as state,
	s.Worldspace as worldspace,
	s.Inventory as inventory,
	s.Backpack as backpack,
	p.PlayerName as name,
	s.Humanity as humanity,
	s.Datestamp as last_updated,
	s.KillsH as hkills,
	s.KillsB as bkills
FROM
	Character_DATA s
INNER JOIN
	Player_DATA p on p.PlayerUID = s.PlayerUID
WHERE
	s.last_updated > DATE_SUB(now(), INTERVAL 5 MINUTE)
AND
	s.Alive = 1");
(of course, editing the s.last_updated line to the name of your SQL column)